Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3469092;
    Wes, well what can I say that has not already been said-great actor! I loved Jilly's response of "So there's been a lot of girls in between." I will bet you could have heard a pin drop when Chris said Wes was safe from elimination.
    Now, I have a theory about him...On this board we were told there was someone who "knew someone" on the show who was just not into Jilly. And they 'knew' she fell for him. Also mentioned this contestant would have the 'power' to get a date based on his interests-like two-stepping. Does it sound like Wes to you all? So...Could it be this poster was the rumoured girlfriend or friend of hers, posting on this board? Makes you think, doesn't it? Has she been here of late? mmmmmmm.
    I am curious as to why she let Julien go so quickly. Anyone have any ideas?
    And then there's REID. When she approached him, she fit in perfectly with him and rubbed his back. A telling gesture as important as her wanting to make out with Kip! It's a very good sign. And about that toothbrush. It was likely a pre-planned joke. Cute no harm done. And it's it's easier to tote than an apple! Can't wait to see more of them together. Which will be later than sooner. And I think it's worth the wait. Whoever B3 is, he is actually b2 because Kip has to be the ringer bachelor for next season.
    I'm pretty sure that girl was talking about Jake and not Wes. I doubt she is the rumored g/f. She stopped posting because she thought saying he was there for the wrong reasons was her betraying her friend. If she was the rumored girlfriend, I doubt she would be that kind to him.

2 emerging story lines in this episode..

Kip - they are clearly showing the physical attraction for him. Also the heartbreaker story line is being put into place potentially he will be the one heart broken down the road.
    Reid - begining to show him making negative commets about the other Bachelors in PIs. Remains to be seen how he is pictured in future episodes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3470089;
    2 emerging story lines in this episode..

Kip - they are clearly showing the physical attraction for him. Also the heartbreaker story line is being put into place potentially he will be the one heart broken down the road.
    Reid - begining to show him making negative commets about the other Bachelors in PIs. Remains to be seen how he is pictured in future episodes as well.
    I noticed that too. However, because Reid's the potential F1, it seems people forgive him. Maybe he' just too perfect, TPTB had to show some negativity?

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3469092;
    I am curious as to why she let Julien go so quickly. Anyone have any ideas?
    And then there's REID. When she approached him, she fit in perfectly with him and rubbed his back. A telling gesture as important as her wanting to make out with Kip! It's a very good sign. And about that toothbrush. It was likely a pre-planned joke. Cute no harm done. And it's it's easier to tote than an apple! Can't wait to see more of them together. Which will be later than sooner. And I think it's worth the wait. Whoever B3 is, he is actually b2 because Kip has to be the ringer bachelor for next season.
    So, whoever is F3 is really Jillian's F2?

Julien? I say he was way too shy! For a guy who is into sky diving, he seemed like a sissy.

Reid looked so forlourn! I wanted to give him a hug.

Interesting that he went somewhere alone to think, while the others got into groups and seemed to talk to each other about how to vote...

I still say that Reid voted for Chris. He has the quirky sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3470286;
    I noticed that too. However, because Reid's the potential F1, it seems people forgive him. Maybe he' just too perfect, TPTB had to show some negativity?
    In older seasons, we occasionally saw a Bach/ette get a really good edit. Andrew Firestone and his F1 Jen Sheft both got good edits. Ryan (Bachette 1), Matt (Bachette2), Tanya (Byron's F2) and Andy's Tessa got good edits.

From Brad's season on, we have been saying that no one was exempt from a bad edit including the Bach/ettes. Even the "wonderful F3s" were given a little bad editing: Amanda was shown calling Matt a very unsavory name; although he didn't bother us, Jeremy was edited as the cause of the confrontation in the bunkhouse; and Jillian was shown as too intimate in the hot tub with Jason on the FD.

I would be very surprised if we don't see all of them - the bachelors and Jillian - get some bad edits. I think the die has been cast in many ways, and the bad edit is just one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3470286;
    And, the one guy he actually mentioned (Wes) is someone that we have been led not to like and to believe he is there only to promote his music. They could have put Reid's comment in to push that point even further and to show us that he's watching everything going on, thinks about it, watching over and out for Jillian (He's got her back). Notice how he's usually (in rose ceremonies, group shots) usually standing immediately behind and to her left).
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Clearly there are NO new story lines. This season, even with the eye candy is just blah, blah, blah . . .cue line, quip, scene here.

It has just been a bore to watch, quite honestly. I have fallen asleep twice. . .and I am a die hard fan of this show!:nono
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3470838;
    Clearly there are NO new story lines. This season, even with the eye candy is just blah, blah, blah . . .cue line, quip, scene here.

It has just been a bore to watch, quite honestly. I have fallen asleep twice. . .and I am a die hard fan of this show!:nono
    ITA. I am not feeling Jill. though I liked her on TB, I wasn't crazy about her, and when I heard she was teh (third choice) I was ambivalent. Well, it's better than Molly which would have been watching paint dry (or chalk on a blackboard). Or Melli, much as I love her, would have been a "who's on first" in coversation with this bozos.

As for Jill: her conversations skills, as perhaps edited, seem way down. All she asks everyone is about prior relatinoships. Nothing of substance (at least as we see, and probably not given all the quick tongue action and booze). And would she please wear spanks or something? I am really getting tired of tight clothes and panty lines (espc. in the white dress).

One problem I have is that I wish they didn't recycle. The worst seasons seem to involve a reject from the last one. Partialy it's that our opinion changes, but also because we already "know" or think we do about one side of the equation, so it's not as much of a surprise as we watch it unfold.

Also, I think it's clear these guys were not picked wtih her in mind. Many are too young and unsettled, and they just don't seem her type. They could have picked 25 names out of a hat and done as well (or frankly better).

Maybe this show really has jumped the shark.

I suspect we heard the prior relationship questions because later on we find out 3 had girlfriends, anyone remember who exactly she asked these questions to - Wes for sure, Kip, and who else?
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

coastalbc

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3470925;
    ITA. I am not feeling Jill. though I liked her on TB, I wasn't crazy about her, and when I heard she was teh (third choice) I was ambivalent. Well, it's better than Molly which would have been watching paint dry (or chalk on a blackboard). Or Melli, much as I love her, would have been a "who's on first" in coversation with this bozos.

As for Jill: her conversations skills, as perhaps edited, seem way down. All she asks everyone is about prior relatinoships. Nothing of substance (at least as we see, and probably not given all the quick tongue action and booze). And would she please wear spanks or something? I am really getting tired of tight clothes and panty lines (espc. in the white dress).

One problem I have is that I wish they didn't recycle. The worst seasons seem to involve a reject from the last one. Partialy it's that our opinion changes, but also because we already "know" or think we do about one side of the equation, so it's not as much of a surprise as we watch it unfold.

Also, I think it's clear these guys were not picked wtih her in mind. Many are too young and unsettled, and they just don't seem her type. They could have picked 25 names out of a hat and done as well (or frankly better).

Maybe this show really has jumped the shark.
    I don't think this show "has jumped the shark" as much as you probulary just aren't into Jillian, of which you clearly have stated, therefore it is probulary not going to grab your attention this season???????