Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

Re: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

I got the impression that Kip was someone who never lets himself get involved in a relationship - and that yes, he was being set up for a big fall with Jillian. He seems guarded - but very attractive none the less !

Reid seems about the only normal one in the group. I like his sense of humor - what little we've seen - and he and Jillian seem very comfortable together. Jake is phony - and obviously his line is that he is falling too fast and too hard. Jesse is cute - but seems young - and Mike seems ok - one of the more normal ones so far. Wes and David are playing their parts well ...

I suspect we are not seeing more of Reid - just because her interraction with him seems genuine and we would be able to see that there was something there. Hopefully they can make something work -

An edit buzzword has come out of this episode: spontaneous. I think that word will play a role for good or bad right on through the series. Jillian tells a family story about being spontaneous; she mentions it in sentences to individual guys, two of whom are spontaneous (Mike at the beach and Brian during the Rose Ceremony party.)

Kip had an interesting edit tonight - one that looks like it will have a fast rise then plateau until toward the end. The heartbreaker (whose and when) will do very nicely, thank you very much...LOL. Kip also had another interesting edit - his placement in camera range during group shots. He always seems to be on the very far right and easily cropped out of the shot. At the B-Court watching the Globetrotters arrive, he seems to slide out of shots...at the beach he is invisible until the pan out to watch Mike race across the sand...at the RC toast he is so far right you can only catch a micro-second glimpse of him. Of course, that edit is thrown awry with his RC standing placement - front and center. LOL.

Reid is starting out soft in the edit department with plenty of room to grow. They showed him making a connection and displaying a sense of humor - both important to her. As noted he also started his PI narrative. Good start for Reid.

So - does epi 2 set up a plausible Kip vs. Reid F2? Not yet...also as noted this edit was done prior to FRC and we will see that comparison start episode 3.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think that there is definitely the underlying theme that Jillian is fun,she enjoys life! I think it's going to be a great season!

I just remembered that Kip said the perfect The Bachelor line: "It hurts me when I have to break a heart" (paraphrase) said by every Bach/ette since the beginning of time or there abouts. It fits right up there with the cliche - "This is hard for me." DUH!!! ding...ding...ding...besides the rising physical chemistry edit, this line shouts out ..."Meet F2 - our next Bachelor."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3468949;
    I just remembered that Kip said the perfect The Bachelor line: "It hurts me when I have to break a heart" (paraphrase) said by every Bach/ette since the beginning of time or there abouts. It fits right up there with the cliche - "This is hard for me." DUH!!! ding...ding...ding...besides the rising physical chemistry edit, this line shouts out ..."Meet F2 - our next Bachelor."
    You said it! I was not impressed with him, I am afraid to say. Not much enough substance for me.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3469013;
    You said it! I was not impressed with him, I am afraid to say. Not much enough substance for me.
    It's too early for me to judge some of the guys based on the edit. I think Kip will "blossom", but I don't know how much. Some of the guys couldn't be edited any better, or any worse ie Wes..David.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3468545;
    So is Kip going to get the physical edit? There is just something about him that reminds me of Graham!
    He reminds me of one of the plastic surgeons on nip/tuck. Can't remember his name-the married one.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3469017;
    It's too early for me to judge some of the guys based on the edit. I think Kip will "blossom", but I don't know how much. Some of the guys couldn't be edited any better, or any worse ie Wes..David.
    Ok, fair enough-but he got downgraded to mere mortal in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by livin life;3468943;
    I think that there is definitely the underlying theme that Jillian is fun,she enjoys life! I think it's going to be a great season!
    I hate to say it, but sometimes Jillian is the one to me who tries too hard to appear to be the type that enjoys life. Reminds me very much of good life-long friend of mine. Were we ever surprised when we learned she was suffering from depression and had to be hospitalized. To this day she still always presenting that cheerful front.

Quote Originally Posted by satorus;3468674;
    They are really giving Wes and David bad edits. David, the hot-headed, violent, dude, and Wes - not there for Jillian as much as his own career. Have they ever thrown people under the bus this soon in the show?
    Perhaps David is all talk. And I what he had to say was reprehensible if I understood him correctly. I did however notice Brian hurling the key box down on the ground and giving the counter a good whack when he found out his team was in second at the Crocker Club.