Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3467946;
    Althought with Andrew, I think it was Kirstin right up until meet the family - they didn't like her at all - Andrew seemed heartbroken about that.

You know, I always thought he was too, but last season one our posters told me that her daughter knew Andrew, and that Andrew told her it WAS always Jen and that Kirsten had agreed to stay on in that role. Evidently, it must have been that he was tired and stressed at that particular point and felt deceived rather than broken-hearted because she had someone else ( which she really was not still with but that's althougher a different story).
    I noticed at the ATFR Andrew was very warm towards Kirsten, and I thought that was odd if he had thought she was a cheat.

Again, that is the power of the edit. We only see what they want us to see, and we will do well to remember that!

Well, if I understand properly what Bloomers was saying about the PI's then Reid is considered to be the front runner, althought Kiptin had a couple of PIs also - didn't keep count (have to have a paper handy next ep.) What I found interesting was that other PIs the guys were talking about themselves yet Reid was commenting mostly about circumstances.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3468371;
    Well, if I understand properly what Bloomers was saying about the PI's then Reid is considered to be the front runner, althought Kiptin had a couple of PIs also - didn't keep count (have to have a paper handy next ep.) What I found interesting was that other PIs the guys were talking about themselves yet Reid was commenting mostly about circumstances.
    Didn't he have the very first PI - the one where he said something about feeling like he was back in summer camp?

With the exception of when he had 1-1 talk time before the RC with Jillian, the purpose I think of the PIs was to begin to acquaint the average viewer with Reid's face - especially since he wasn't on any dates at all, and we didn't get to see them interact at the M & G.

Notice that we have now set up a very tenuous - really tenuous imo - connection between Reid and Jillian. While she has a physical/sexual connection with the others, she has an emotional connection of compatible horoscopes.

I knew there was no way that Reid was getting into the F2 without the beginning of a connection and at least the start of a storyline established in this eppie.

Either I was looking for him especially or the camera panned to him a lot - Not nearly as much or as obviously as Melissa but still it seemed that Reid was in a lot of shots even when he wasn't speaking or being spoken to.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3468473;
    Didn't he have the very first PI - the one where he said something about feeling like he was back in summer camp?

With the exception of when he had 1-1 talk time before the RC with Jillian, the purpose I think of the PIs was to begin to acquaint the average viewer with Reid's face - especially since he wasn't on any dates at all, and we didn't get to see them interact at the M & G.

Notice that we have now set up a very tenuous - really tenuous imo - connection between Reid and Jillian. While she has a physical/sexual connection with the others, she has an emotional connection of compatible horoscopes.

I knew there was no way that Reid was getting into the F2 without the beginning of a connection and at least the start of a storyline established in this eppie.
    I couldn't stop laughing but in that PI about being back in summer camp, he called the guys meatheads.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3468480;
    Either I was looking for him especially or the camera panned to him a lot - Not nearly as much or as obviously as Melissa but still it seemed that Reid was in a lot of shots even when he wasn't speaking or being spoken to.
    Yes, there were a lot of camera shots of Reid which is exactly what we expected.

So is Kip going to get the physical edit? There is just something about him that reminds me of Graham!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3468487;
    I couldn't stop laughing but in that PI about being back in summer camp, he called the guys meatheads.

She said in an interview that she wanted someone who communicates well and who has a sense of humor. I don't know if that statement would qualify as communicating well , but that statement and a couple of others did indicate a sense of humor. However, I am not real sure about randomly pulling out a toothbrush at the pre- RC cocktail party. To me that slides by quirky and heads toward a little bizarre.

3 Reality, when they are available, would you please bring over the screencaps of the toast and the RC line-up, please? Thanks!

I think they'll focus on Kip breaking her heart only because in the end of all of this, he'll be the one getting his heart broken. The guy who never got his heart broken will soon find out how that feels like. That story line started tonight. Also, sets him up to be a great next Bachelor candidate.

I think this season will turn out great for ABC. Jillian and Reid could really be a couple that works... and they'll come away with Kip as the next Bachelor.
    "You know Ryan as the firefighting athlete who won my heart on a television show. I know though, that it was not only my heart that was won. Millions of you fell for him, but not just for him - but for the hope of him." ~Trista~

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3468550;
    She said in an interview that she wanted someone who communicates well and who has a sense of humor. I don't know if that statement would qualify as communicating well , but that statement and a couple of others did indicate a sense of humor. However, I am not real sure about randomly pulling out a toothbrush at the pre- RC cocktail party. To me that slides by quirky and heads toward a little bizarre.

3 Reality, when they are available, would you please bring over the screencaps of the toast and the RC line-up, please? Thanks!
    Of course!!!! I will as soon as the ABC video is available.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."