Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

Re: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3468473;
    Didn't he have the very first PI - the one where he said something about feeling like he was back in summer camp?

With the exception of when he had 1-1 talk time before the RC with Jillian, the purpose I think of the PIs was to begin to acquaint the average viewer with Reid's face - especially since he wasn't on any dates at all, and we didn't get to see them interact at the M & G.

Notice that we have now set up a very tenuous - really tenuous imo - connection between Reid and Jillian. While she has a physical/sexual connection with the others, she has an emotional connection of compatible horoscopes.

I knew there was no way that Reid was getting into the F2 without the beginning of a connection and at least the start of a storyline established in this eppie.
    We to your infinite editing Bloomer......right on as usual! If Reid didn't know ahead of Jillian's birthday & tying in with his....I believe that TPTB behind the scenes let him know of this astrology connection to bring up to her....

I don't even think Ed has had a PI in either episode 1 or 2 has he? If he hasn't I think that says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3474008;
    This is why my gut tells me most of these guys, including Kip (maybe not the last 5) were chosen with most likely Mel in mind for TB(ette). My reason with Kiip is exactly this scripted language. Yes, it has some intrigue with Jill, but it would be like a nuclear bomb with Mel...the always dumped and the apparent dumper. The heartbroken with the never been hurt? So, I think they lazily didn't (or didn't have time) to change the script. I still recall Kip rather casually saying "from what I've heard of you, I'm impressed" as if he had no real clue about her at all.

Same with the demos of the guys age wise falling 27-29, with a concentration of real jock types, and southern boys. Another example? Mike: he runs a baseball camp in NY. Guess what? Mel's favorite sport is not football, but baseball, and her favorite team is the NY Yankees. She's even talked about being kicked out of a sports event once when she tried to sneak down to meet Derek Jeter.
    And aren't a whole lot of em from TEXAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3474825;
    I don't even think Ed has had a PI in either episode 1 or 2 has he? If he hasn't I think that says a lot.
    I just talked about this in the SC thread. He had one this week during the scavenger hunt date. They showed him in formal wear but a different tie and no vest from what he was wearing. I don't believe anyone has made a SC of it.

FORT Regular

This is my first trip to the spoilers side this season. I tried to stay away, but it's impossible not to have spoilers leaked even in the spoiler-free zone, so I may as well just cave.

This has probably already been discussed somewhere, but was anyone else shocked to see the huge crowd of spectators during the Venice Beach scenes? I thought the show blocked streets off and traveled under cover of darkness, at least in the LA area. I guess they're trying to beat the sleuthers at their own game?

I was surprised as well. But, realistically, you place that large an act in a public square and it would be difficult. It is interesting, though, that non of the cool Venice Beach crowd thought to internet search then blog about what they had seen. Harlem Globetrotters...awww right. TV taping...so what.

Another interesting tidbit that was hard to hear was when Jillian and the guys were walking past that group on the beach and words were exchanged. Another opportunity for a blogging sighting missed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just watched the scavenger hunt again and Ed actually had 3 PI's. I think they're letting us get to know him more with an upcoming 1 on 1 date.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3474825;
    Rewatched parts pf Ep1......

Ed actually had 2 PI's. First one at the beginning of his intial 1:1 where he talked about coming in late and hoping Jillian could see they have a possible connection. The 2nd PI was right after the 1:1 where he talked about he was at ease with Jillian and thought there was a connection. I forgot about these PI's until I rewatched. Very interesting edit.

Quote Originally Posted by howrealisit;3475054;
    This is my first trip to the spoilers side this season. I tried to stay away, but it's impossible not to have spoilers leaked even in the spoiler-free zone, so I may as well just cave.
    Yep, I tried not to know anything either! Oh well! Onward and upward with Ed and Kip! I was really rooting for Reid, but Ed and Kip are great!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3475926;
    Yep, I tried not to know anything either! Oh well! Onward and upward with Ed and Kip! I was really rooting for Reid, but Ed and Kip are great!
    You've been on the dark side too long to ignore its beckoning you back!

Come on and help! We're getting there little by little, but we still get bogged down ever so often and spin our wheels for a while before we are able to move forward a little more.