Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

Re: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3474072;
    But Jesse was cast back in November before Melissa & Jason even broke up; I personally don't think they cast with anyone particular bachelorette in mind. They just cast the "characters" regardless
    They were going to ask Molly to be the Bachelorette after Jason broke her heart,but I honestly don't see Jesse fitting with Molly either.So why did they ask Jesse at all and how did they find him?

I still think that the last 5 were cast for Jillian mainly because 4/5 guys are still there(maybe my cyniscism is fading a bit.)
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3474072;
    But Jesse was cast back in November before Melissa & Jason even broke up; I personally don't think they cast with anyone particular bachelorette in mind. They just cast the "characters" regardless
    SO when Jason said that he sent his bio to ABC for Deanna specifically, could that possibly not be true?

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3474083;
    SO when Jason said that he sent his bio to ABC for Deanna specifically, could that possibly not be true?
    not necessarily, it can be a combination of many sources. They have 25/30 slots to fill, maybe half of those are specific "characters" (the crazy one, the fall in love immediately one, the bad boy, etc, etc), and the remainder would be true contenders. I think they are sourced in a variety of ways. A few might actually be actors cast, but most I think either audition or or referred by friends/family. So they use a combination of people who applied and/or were referred as well as people they sought out to round out the group

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

Jason applied to be The Bachelor after his friend Bevin had been on Andy's season. Bevin was in Jason's wedding party, I believe she is a friend of his ex wife. TPTB didn't offer him the starring role until they set him up to be TB during Deanna's season. His story line, wife left he and his son, the single father, heart broken after Deanna dumped him at F2 and fans fell for the story and wanted him to be the star of his own series. Fleiss even admitted in an interview after Jason's season that he(Fleiss) couldn't sell Jason as just Jason to the network as TB if it hadn't been for Ty.
    Last edited by chaserla; 05-29-2009 at 01:16 PM.

I think it's a combination of both; probably not enough "suitable" men contact them on their own, so they need to add to the pool by recruiting the standard "types" that they like. I remember the line last fall was that the Bachelorette would be someone new, people were speculating an athlete or actress, so maybe ABC had someone in mind who was in their mid 20's, and began casting that way, then the Jason debacle unfolded and plans were rearranged.

From what I understand, Jason originally wanted to be The Bachelor, but MF decided that they needed to try the "single" dad out on the B'ette to see how the public would react before giving him his own show. After Deanna let him get down on one knee then turned him down, Jason was good to go. I think it was decided before FRC that Jason would be the next Bach, because he was getting a lot of public support.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

I know his history, but for some reason I remember him saying once that he saw what happened with Deanna and he was there specifically for her...hmmm

Either way, I feel bad for Jilly. It would be nice to have a fair shot at all of these guys being genuinely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3474382;
    I know his history, but for some reason I remember him saying once that he saw what happened with Deanna and he was there specifically for her...hmmm

Either way, I feel bad for Jilly. It would be nice to have a fair shot at all of these guys being genuinely interested.
    Jason did say that when he was on DeAnna's season. However, after that season it came out that he did in fact apply to be the Bachelor before he even knew about DeAnna. Jason wanted to be on the show shortly after he and his ex split up. Jason has told plenty of mistruths himself and seems to forget what he said from interview to interview. Jason did in fact see some of Brad's season when Bevin was on and decided that he would like to do that as well, that it would be fun. TPTB were not interested in a single dad at the time, turned him down and then called him to be on DeAnna's season (more than likely because they had a hard time finding enough men that would be willing to deal with her for any long period of time). Jason's reward was then being the Bachelor himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3468473;
    Didn't he have the very first PI - the one where he said something about feeling like he was back in summer camp?

With the exception of when he had 1-1 talk time before the RC with Jillian, the purpose I think of the PIs was to begin to acquaint the average viewer with Reid's face - especially since he wasn't on any dates at all, and we didn't get to see them interact at the M & G.

Notice that we have now set up a very tenuous - really tenuous imo - connection between Reid and Jillian. While she has a physical/sexual connection with the others, she has an emotional connection of compatible horoscopes.

I knew there was no way that Reid was getting into the F2 without the beginning of a connection and at least the start of a storyline established in this eppie.

I think the Bachette is a 21st century Jane Austen novel.
    Girl is smart, independent, beautiful, but still wants to be married
    Mysterious hero appears on the scene
    Girl is attracted/or not
    Hero is intrigued
    Girl can't help loving him
    Family/friends/situational Drama is introduced that maybe will separate them
    Hero fights for girl
    Ah, together at last! All's well that ends well at end of story.

Do we think Fleiss reads Jane Austen?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CaFan;3474636;
    I think the Bachette is a 21st century Jane Austen novel.
    Girl is smart, independent, beautiful, but still wants to be married
    Mysterious hero appears on the scene
    Girl is attracted/or not
    Hero is intrigued
    Girl can't help loving him
    Family/friends/situational Drama is introduced that maybe will separate them
    Hero fights for girl
    Ah, together at last! All's well that ends well at end of story.

Do we think Fleiss reads Jane Austen?
    Unfortuntely we have to go back to basics and ask the fundamental underlying question: do you think Fleiss can read? The problem with the analogy is that in the Austen books we get the one on one tension, which is lost in the 25 to 1 scenario. And how come they always end up "loving" the F2; it's rarely yeah I know which one. Also, (sigh)...they do end happily ever after in JA land. And none of these bozos especially come even near to Mr. Darcy. Unfortunately almost no one does (save Colin Firth and in his prime Daniel Day Lewis).