Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Editing and Storyline Episode 2 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3472550;
    well I disliked Deanna from the Brad season, so that one was a continuation of hate for me!
    me with Jason. But, while I am not enjoying watching this year all that much "live" I am enjoying the sleuthing because in that sense it's a more intriguing season...

Here is my take on the edit (pre-Finale) of the two front runners. At least in the time for this edit to be complete, they knew who was in or going to Hawaii.

Kiptyn: Yes, he got slammed hard with the 'heartbreaker" edit. It was mitigated somewhat by Jillian's PI noting that he may be like her - she noted a softness in him. Besides the "talk" there was a point during the final goodbyes when Simon says it is a silver lining to leave early than later when your heart may be broken - cue camera on closeup of Kip's face. I mean really.

The physical attraction edit is beginning to ratchet up, and it goes both ways. In the bunk house courtyard when Jillian enters, Kiptyn rises from the stool, puffs out his chest and pulls in his stomach while grinning at her. The rooster crows.

For his group appearances, though, he remains hidden in the middle or just out of range. He doesn't instigate drama or react to it. I think there was one PI where he comments on Wes' motives.

What they didn't show would have inched the attraction scale up even higher and that was the tender kiss at the RC party shown in a commercial. Basically his edit is a climbing physical attraction (though Jillian says they have loads in common - what that is we don't know :nono) with the possibility that she may ditch him at the end (heart break)...unknown at the time of this edit.

He has told her (and us) that he wants to take it slow, to get to know her and, as of this episode, considers himself to be one of the pack. Will this play into a confidence problem in the future?

Reid: Finally...after not seeing their 1:1 at the first party, we are allowed to notice that they seem comfortable together. Reid has taken on a minor narrator role in defining the other contestants - much as Sarah did early in Travis' season (Paris.) While they've shown us comfort, they haven't shown us physicality yet - but then he hasn't had a date...duh. Looking toward next week's show to better define Reid's edit. Is he going the friend route?

Oh...there was a small Meredith/Ian vibe happening during the Jillian/Kiptyn date talk. She pretty much told him he would be staying around - not to worry. We learned after the fact that Meredith always reassured Ian that he had nothing to worry about...so...a bit of that edit could be in play.

Next week both are on the large group date and neither goes to stay at the residence. Look for interactions in the crowd as well as individually.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

And interesting - we did not get any development with Ed. We see him explain why he is here - concentrating on his career instead of relationships, his family thinks they would make a good match - and he seems attracted to Jillian - but this is all in the first episode. Not much in the second episode - but now we know he gets an individual date in the third episode. And we see intimate kissing episodes. And now there is the fountain screencap in Seville which may be Ed - so he may be a strong contender - but yet nothing in episode 2 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3473456;
    Here is my take on the edit (pre-Finale) of the two front runners. At least in the time for this edit to be complete, they knew who was in or going to Hawaii.

Kiptyn: Yes, he got slammed hard with the 'heartbreaker" edit. It was mitigated somewhat by Jillian's PI noting that he may be like her - she noted a softness in him. Besides the "talk" there was a point during the final goodbyes when Simon says it is a silver lining to leave early than later when your heart may be broken - cue camera on closeup of Kip's face. I mean really.

The physical attraction edit is beginning to ratchet up, and it goes both ways. In the bunk house courtyard when Jillian enters, Kiptyn rises from the stool, puffs out his chest and pulls in his stomach while grinning at her. The rooster crows.

For his group appearances, though, he remains hidden in the middle or just out of range. He doesn't instigate drama or react to it. I think there was one PI where he comments on Wes' motives.

What they didn't show would have inched the attraction scale up even higher and that was the tender kiss at the RC party shown in a commercial. Basically his edit is a climbing physical attraction (though Jillian says they have loads in common - what that is we don't know :nono) with the possibility that she may ditch him at the end (heart break)...unknown at the time of this edit.

He has told her (and us) that he wants to take it slow, to get to know her and, as of this episode, considers himself to be one of the pack. Will this play into a confidence problem in the future?

Reid: Finally...after not seeing their 1:1 at the first party, we are allowed to notice that they seem comfortable together. Reid has taken on a minor narrator role in defining the other contestants - much as Sarah did early in Travis' season (Paris.) While they've shown us comfort, they haven't shown us physicality yet - but then he hasn't had a date...duh. Looking toward next week's show to better define Reid's edit. Is he going the friend route?

Oh...there was a small Meredith/Ian vibe happening during the Jillian/Kiptyn date talk. She pretty much told him he would be staying around - not to worry. We learned after the fact that Meredith always reassured Ian that he had nothing to worry about...so...a bit of that edit could be in play.

Next week both are on the large group date and neither goes to stay at the residence. Look for interactions in the crowd as well as individually.
    Along the lines of this analysis of Kip's edit....did anyone notice what Jillian says in her PI about her "heartbreak talk" with Kip? She says something about (paraphrasing, not a direct quote) "or maybe he's like me and just hasn't found the right one yet..." That struck me as significant with the multitude of meanings it could hold. First off it made me think that she was pretty much admitting that she wasn't heartbroken by Jason, because she wasn't ever really falling for him (but then that's something I maintained all along, so maybe that was just my personal spin). Second it made me think maybe she didn't see her "right one" in the group she had there to choose from. It could have been a foreshadowing statement about either him not falling for her or her not falling for him or either of them winding up being heartbroken. Was she relating to his situation or rationalizing his statement to make herself feel better? Was that a mark against him (high risk) or a positive thing (challenge of a "bad boy")? Does she often fall for guys who do the heartbreaking (is he part of a pattern in her choices) and if so is that because she makes poor choices or because she has a fear of relationships and picks guys it won't work out with sort of on purpose? I could go on, but I will spare you all. In any case, I saw that statement as being significant and not necessarily in a good way. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3473562;
    Along the lines of this analysis of Kip's edit....did anyone notice what Jillian says in her PI about her "heartbreak talk" with Kip? She says something about (paraphrasing, not a direct quote) "or maybe he's like me and just hasn't found the right one yet..." That struck me as significant with the multitude of meanings it could hold. First off it made me think that she was pretty much admitting that she wasn't heartbroken by Jason, because she wasn't ever really falling for him (but then that's something I maintained all along, so maybe that was just my personal spin). Second it made me think maybe she didn't see her "right one" in the group she had there to choose from. It could have been a foreshadowing statement about either him not falling for her or her not falling for him or either of them winding up being heartbroken. Was she relating to his situation or rationalizing his statement to make herself feel better? Was that a mark against him (high risk) or a positive thing (challenge of a "bad boy")? Does she often fall for guys who do the heartbreaking (is he part of a pattern in her choices) and if so is that because she makes poor choices or because she has a fear of relationships and picks guys it won't work out with sort of on purpose? I could go on, but I will spare you all. In any case, I saw that statement as being significant and not necessarily in a good way. JMO.

Cut to the chase, but if I had two nickels to rub together, I'd bet he's going down knowing what I know about this show and the editing. Wonderful psychological and relationship analysis aside, sometimes it is really easy to see who the producers have targeted to be the F2, and this hunky speciman has been tagged "it". Cosolation prize, I think though, is that he gets to be the next Bachelor.
    The $64 question in my mind is will this 30 year old bachelor who has never really been in love fall in love this time and get his heart broken, or will he just "be in the moment" and think he is ( or if he is hired and cast, put on an excellent rendition)?
    Stay tuned and find out!

As for Jillian, she is going to enjoy the ride as she definitely is edited as having the physical attraction for him ( she stares at him and "wants to make-out with Kip), but in the end she will go with the emotional connection which I think is going to be Reid ( "the match made in Heaven).

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3473893;
    As for Jillian, she is going to enjoy the ride as she definitely is edited as having the physical attraction for him ( she stares at him and "wants to make-out with Kip), but in the end she will go with the emotional connection which I think is going to be Reid ( "the match made in Heaven).
    I agree, she slays one last dragon who goes on to be the next bachelor and finds her Mr. Invisible and hopefully lives happily ever after!!!!! The dragon comes back next season to kiss all the maidens and hopefully finds one who turns him into her prince. If not we still get to see him in action as a heartbreaker!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3473893;
    Cut to the chase, but if I had two nickels to rub together, I'd bet he's going down knowing what I know about this show and the editing. Wonderful psychological and relationship analysis aside, sometimes it is really easy to see who the producers have targeted to be the F2, and this hunky speciman has been tagged "it". Cosolation prize, I think though, is that he gets to be the next Bachelor.
    The $64 question in my mind is will this 30 year old bachelor who has never really been in love fall in love this time and get his heart broken, or will he just "be in the moment" and think he is ( or if he is hired and cast, put on an excellent rendition)?
    Stay tuned and find out!

This is why my gut tells me most of these guys, including Kip (maybe not the last 5) were chosen with most likely Mel in mind for TB(ette). My reason with Kiip is exactly this scripted language. Yes, it has some intrigue with Jill, but it would be like a nuclear bomb with Mel...the always dumped and the apparent dumper. The heartbroken with the never been hurt? So, I think they lazily didn't (or didn't have time) to change the script. I still recall Kip rather casually saying "from what I've heard of you, I'm impressed" as if he had no real clue about her at all.

Same with the demos of the guys age wise falling 27-29, with a concentration of real jock types, and southern boys. Another example? Mike: he runs a baseball camp in NY. Guess what? Mel's favorite sport is not football, but baseball, and her favorite team is the NY Yankees. She's even talked about being kicked out of a sports event once when she tried to sneak down to meet Derek Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3474008;
    This is why my gut tells me most of these guys, including Kip (maybe not the last 5) were chosen with most likely Mel in mind for TB(ette). My reason with Kiip is exactly this scripted language. Yes, it has some intrigue with Jill, but it would be like a nuclear bomb with Mel...the always dumped and the apparent dumper. The heartbroken with the never been hurt? So, I think they lazily didn't (or didn't have time) to change the script. I still recall Kip rather casually saying "from what I've heard of you, I'm impressed" as if he had no real clue about her at all.

Same with the demos of the guys age wise falling 27-29, with a concentration of real jock types, and southern boys. Another example? Mike: he runs a baseball camp in NY. Guess what? Mel's favorite sport is not football, but baseball, and her favorite team is the NY Yankees. She's even talked about being kicked out of a sports event once when she tried to sneak down to meet Derek Jeter.

Makes sense.

To me, I get the impression that most of the guys had been chosen with Mel in mind and when that tanked, ABC told the guys something along the lines of, "the girl changed, here's what you need to know about Jill, see if you like her, if you think there's potential, if not, your free to leave". Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3474063;
    Makes sense.

To me, I get the impression that most of the guys had been chosen with Mel in mind and when that tanked, ABC told the guys something along the lines of, "the girl changed, here's what you need to know about Jill, see if you like her, if you think there's potential, if not, your free to leave". Voila!
    But Jesse was cast back in November before Melissa & Jason even broke up; I personally don't think they cast with anyone particular bachelorette in mind. They just cast the "characters" regardless

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3474072;
    But Jesse was cast back in November before Melissa & Jason even broke up; I personally don't think they cast with anyone particular bachelorette in mind. They just cast the "characters" regardless
    unless..drumroll please: as RS has said, TBTB knew all along that Jason would select Mel and dump her as scripted...therefore regardless of what we knew, or even Mel knew back then, they were booking with their script in mind. Boy I'd love to have seen MF face when Mel said no. Hence the extra 5 who at least match Jill in age.