Page 43 of 136 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3507366;
    On Jillian's 1-1 time in ep.5 with Jason we heard her begin to talk with him about her family which set up the hometown date.

Would somebody help me here, please? When Reid and Jillian were talking about where he saw himself in 5 years, he said he saw himself with his children. Did he say a couple of times that he wanted it to be better for his children than it was for him growing up? Did I misunderstand that?
    If so, I wonder if those statements are setting us up for a hometown visit where the parents either seem to have too high of expectations or they seem to question her too much?

From Jlcazz's scheduling, it would appear that Reid's HT was filmed first. Now whether it is shown first is another matter. If so, it might be the visit that goes with the first family description.
    I could see Reid's family being the meeting expectations family. Daughter-in-law that could somehow join the family business. Would make any realtor mom and pop happy . Could also see his being the "might disapprove" family, as the area they appear to be in is one of the more affluent areas of the state (my sister dated a guy from the same area and had a tough time with his parents because she wasn't from money). Of course we could see Jillian all distressed before arriving wondering if they will approve and her walk in to hugs and lots of love...we know how they love to exaggerate!

About the growing up thing....when Reid was growing up the real estate landscape was much different. It did tie you down, make vacations difficult, etc. This could very well be what his life was like growing up. Now the business is changing a lot. You still have old-school hardcore 24 x 7 agents who think they have to live at the office. On the other hand you have agents who have a more balanced approach, working schedules around kids, taking well deserved extended vacations, etc. all while being multi-million $$$ producers. I think that Reid realizes he wants to be in the later group, and thinks that Jillian could enjoy the same lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3507471;
    I could see Reid's family being the meeting expectations family. Daughter-in-law that could somehow join the family business. Would make any realtor mom and pop happy . Could also see his being the "might disapprove" family, as the area they appear to be in is one of the more affluent areas of the state (my sister dated a guy from the same area and had a tough time with his parents because she wasn't from money). Of course we could see Jillian all distressed before arriving wondering if they will approve and her walk in to hugs and lots of love...we know how they love to exaggerate!

About the growing up thing....when Reid was growing up the real estate landscape was much different. It did tie you down, make vacations difficult, etc. This could very well be what his life was like growing up. Now the business is changing a lot. You still have old-school hardcore 24 x 7 agents who think they have to live at the office. On the other hand you have agents who have a more balanced approach, working schedules around kids, taking well deserved extended vacations, etc. all while being multi-million $$$ producers. I think that Reid realizes he wants to be in the later group, and thinks that Jillian could enjoy the same lifestyle.
    I can't see her becoming a real estate agent-creative people need an outlet. I could however see her becoming a stager which would indeed help Reid sell houses. They could make a fantastic team. I suggested this months ago-but in Vancouver. So Reid said he wants his kids to have a more adventurous childhood than he did. He did say he his kids-to-be would be in the mountains. Can we say "no brainer?" The one blip I have been trying to get around is the religious differences. Can their vastly different traditions (especially when it come to holidays) be bridged? About the moneyed bit- those folks all need to take themselves less seriously! Your money does not keep you warm at night nor does it bring happiness. Jilly would be a breath of fresh air, methinks!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3507341;
    Meeting expectations could also be Reid - or Ed
    Ed does not get a hometown date-bullet dodged.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3507048;
    I wonder if this is referring to Jake and Wes. The recap just says before she eliminates someone at the rose ceremony, two guys get into it in her presence. Perhaps the confrontation doesn't happen at the rose ceremony. Jake accuses Wes of having a gf and Wes accuses Jake of only wanting to be the next Bachelor.
    Wes says something to the effect of : "and he's going around telling everyone he's going to be the next bachelor."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3507366;
    When Reid and Jillian were talking about where he saw himself in 5 years, he said he saw himself with his children. Did he say a couple of times that he wanted it to be better for his children than it was for him growing up? Did I misunderstand that?
    Not so much better, but different. "A little more adventurous than mine. I want them to experience more than I did as a kid. Not necessarily do things the way everyone else does them."
    Sounds like Reid wants to carve his own path. Gain some independence from his family construct. A move to Van would cure that real fast!

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3507347;
    I totally agree that it's Reid's family that could be the disapproving family. Reid seems, out of all the guys, to be the most reserved so his family is probably even more so. I also think he comes from money as in 'old' money and sometimes those families can be very critical or boyfriends/girlfriends expecting the worst. Also, no one has mentioned religion. Is it possible Reid is Jewish and his parents want him to marry into the faith? Sensitive subject to bring up but it is very important to some families.
    I get the feeling Reid wants to spread his wings, away from the chains that constrict him. Jillian can provide all the adventure Mr Invisible needs. A lifetime of it! I can't wait to see how her folks-and her grandmother! interact with him! They will love him to pieces-probably a diametrically-opposed experience to what he grew up with. ( I am just postulating here...) I think Reid is ready for the magic carpet ride that is Jilly!

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3507591;
    Not so much better, but different. "A little more adventurous than mine. I want them to experience more than I did as a kid. Not necessarily do things the way everyone else does them."
    Sounds like Reid wants to carve his own path. Gain some independence from his family construct. A move to Van would cure that real fast!
    This may be one of the 'expectations' HTD's
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3507063;
    She's stupid if she can't put 2 and 2 together.

Jesse's family seems pretty laid-back. I don't get why they would have expectations for Jillian that she couldn't meet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3507645;
    Jesse's family seems pretty laid-back. I don't get why they would have expectations for Jillian that she couldn't meet.
    I think possibly Jesse could be the guy with cold feet. I know that Kip has been given the heartbreaker and non-pursuer tags, but when asked if he could see himself in this relationship, didn't Jesse give some kind of surprised sound or answer which indicated like "Where did that come from?"