Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3536488;
    I don't think we have seen Reid make her as happy as she is with Ed. She lights up like a christmas tree. As for his sense of humor, I think we will see them having a great time in Spain and Hawaii.
    Lighting up like a christmas tree and having a great time does not equal having a sense of humor.I have yet to see Ed have sense of humor and Jilly did say that that was important
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3536412;
    Seeing as one of her top priorities in a guy - being a sense of humor - and being able to make her laugh - Ed certainly is not fitting that bill what so ever
    My sentiments exactly Capegal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3536503;
    Lighting up like a christmas tree and having a great time does not equal having a sense of humor.I have yet to see Ed have sense of humor and Jilly did say that that was important
    Twice I saw a sense of humor on Ed's part on out-takes. Once he was sitting by the pool, and Jesse sneaked up dressed up like a painted warrior with a can of paint to douse him. He just laughed.
    The next time was when they were all sitting around the table, and Ed was giving the camera some kind of serious private interview, and the guys started throwing rolls at him. He cracked up laughing and threw them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3536541;
    Twice I saw a sense of humor on Ed's part on out-takes. Once he was sitting by the pool, and Jesse sneaked up dressed up like a painted warrior with a can of paint to douse him. He just laughed.
    The next time was when they were all sitting around the table, and Ed was giving the camera some kind of serious private interview, and the guys started throwing rolls at him. He cracked up laughing and threw them back.
    And with Jillian?!?!?............
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Those show that he can joke around with the guys. And that he can take a joke. Not that he can make Jillian laugh. Maybe he did, maybe he had her in stitches all the time, but if he did we haven't seen it.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Granted, but how many people in life do you know that only have a sense of humor with one gender? I don't know any one of that type. Either a person has a sense of humor, or he/she doesn't regardless of whether he is around a male or a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3536599;
    Granted, but how many people in life do you know that only have a sense of humor with one gender? I don't know any one of that type. Either a person has a sense of humor, or he/she doesn't regardless of whether he is around a male or a female.
    I didn't say anything about gender. I said we don't know if he makes Jillian laugh because we haven't seen it. We see him laughing at pranks pulled on him by the other guys. We hear Jillian saying that Michael had her laughing a ton. We see her laughing with Reid. We don't SEE her laughing because of something Ed has said or done. He could be hilariously funny, that aspect is just not making it into his edit. Yet, at least.

ETA IMO there is also a HUGE difference between having a sense of humor and having the ABILITY to make others laugh. Very different things.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3536599;
    I am bothered that the fact that we haven't seen Ed making Jillian laugh.I find that really odd given that we have seen him joke around with the guys.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

That wasn't him having a sense of humor, that was Jesse and the guys having a sense of humor, he was just the butt of their humor.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3536611;
    I am bothered that the fact that we haven't seen Ed making Jillian laugh.I find that really odd given that we have seen him joke around with the guys.
    Count me in with this too. Jillian is a fun-loving girl and I see none of that when she's around Ed. I need a man to make me laugh, not just laugh when something funny is said or is happening.
    We need not think alike to love alike