Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

Kip's convo. with his sister - he thinks it may be premature to propose at the end of the show. Sister thinks he is being sensible.

When Kip talks to Jillian and poses the same question - what do you think about getting engaged at the end of this - she says "it will be incredibly cool". Right there I say was the "disconnect" in the convo. Not on the same page. Too bad he is a mature grounded guy without his head in the clouds.

As Jillian said his family is a polished, speak multiple languages and she may feel out of his league. His stepdad is a cool dude with a great sense of humor.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3534678;
    Kip's convo. with his sister - he thinks it may be premature to propose at the end of the show. Sister thinks he is being sensible.

When Kip talks to Jillian and poses the same question - what do you think about getting engaged at the end of this - she says "it will be incredibly cool". Right there I say was the "disconnect" in the convo. Not on the same page. Too bad he is a mature grounded guy without his head in the clouds.

As Jillian said his family is a polished, speak multiple languages and she may feel out of his league. His stepdad is a cool dude with a great sense of humor.
    I thought "pretty cool" was a little to simple. If he had asked her on a date to see the globe trotters that would be pretty cool. I expected a different answer to the proposal question.

Quote Originally Posted by iamreal2u;3534698;
    I thought "pretty cool" was a little to simple. If he had asked her on a date to see the globe trotters that would be pretty cool. I expected a different answer to the proposal question.
    I don't think that was her answer. It seemed spliced to me. That's not good to me. I hate that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3534561;
    First the bad...When he was just standing there I was like "Run to her you idiot." Even with the coffee he should have moved towards her. The whole needs approval from everyone in the family bugs me. I know family is important, but I have a real problem with adults not cutting the cord and thinking for themselves.

Now the good...as far as him not holding her hand, there were several SC that we DID NOT see last night that showed them being very affectionate. Interesting that these scenes were left out. Of course we had to have time with the whole Wes crap. Just like with the whole hood thing from the ice castle, I found the whole looking away, looking back, looking away, looking back clip just showed how they can be silly with one another and it was very cute. I think Jillian likes to tease him and give him only pecks because she WANTS him to beg for more. She really likes flirting with him. I think it was also very interesting that Jillian expressed a desire to tell Reid's mom that she would take care of his heart.
    I thought the exact same thing about running - or at least moving - towards her! I also really like your point about the other SC's of their HTD that we did not see. If they are wanting to tell a story about Reid's insecurities, they will latch onto and show the moments that support this story. Thus we see the "uncomfortable" comment regarding PDA's and the "commitment" comment from his brother. This is the schtick that Reid needs to overcome.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise;3534493;
    I think Reid's commitment issues are more a fear of being hurt than a fear of just committing to someone. Didn't his mom said he was hurt before?
    I thought the edit left that bit from his mother saying "He is gonna be cautious" and that "he was badly hurt before" for a reason. Just like the "match made in heaven" comment earlier on. Looks like the one who hurt him was the 1 from the 1.5 times he fell in love. His brothers chimed in that he didn't have problems finding women, that they left him. They probably talked more but the edit we were given was interesting. She fell for Reid hard and for his family too. The PI she gave was revealing. She said she wanted to give Reid's mother a hug as if to tell her she will try and take good care of her son. Shades of Trista's date with Ryan when the family commented on Reid's affectionate behavior toward Jillian..

I still say that Wes' gf-ex gf scandal on the show will be the turning point in the way she looks at the process going forward. She may have taken Ed back but I wonder if she will start to question why she is giving second chances to those who hurt her. She is already feeling a little more for one or two other guys there at this point.

Ed said there were a couple of guys there who would be a good fit for her but not as good a fit as him (riiiiiiiiiiight). He shot himself in the foot by leaving. She may give him a second chance but ultimately she is going to question whether he will be there for her or go the next time work comes a calling. It's all about priorities as Trista put it. Totally agree with her on that point.

Just may not work with Ed given what she wants from life. Plus if he is a workaholic he may never put her first. Yes, I know work is important and all that. I just think with Wes' lies coming up she may really start to question a whole lot of things. Ed being gone for two weeks at least, he has a lot of catching up to do. And it's not happening in a vaccum where she is not seeing the other guys. She is seeing the other two guys and things are moving forward rather well with them in Spain as well.

Honesty and being there unconditionally are things that are very important to Jillian. She has been hurt in the past by liars. We saw her tell Kip's mother she'd prefer direct and honest convo. She gets that from Reid, he lays it down whether it's his neurotic behavior and that makes him very real. She knows with him she'll get it straight.

Some viewers will be angry that she turned away a man who came back for her and who regretted his actions. Others will say you snooze you lose. By leaving when he did "he missed the train" literarily and figuratively and things took a turn and Jillian moved on and formed deeper connections with the other two guys. Even if she wanted to with Ed she has a lot of ground to make up. She gave him a second chance, but if it was a little too late she at least had closure and didn't have to wonder "what could have been" if and when she sends him at f3.

This is what makes sense to me. CH has said things are getting better and better between Reid and Jillian. Their dates in Spain seems to indicate that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3534503;
    I know Michael isn't returning, I was just trying to point out that he seems to be the most emotionally invested in her - the others aren't giving me the warm and fuzzies.

Guaranteed the intimate issues aren't going to happen in Spain.

She's not allowed to say it is a set up. The fact that she even addressed it gives me pause.

I'd say that scene with Ed took so many takes they decided they needed end the whole thing and take the best of what they got.
    Yeah! Any idea who Ed was smiling at when he turned to his left after he got to his spot at the RC? Even Reid and Kip were smiling like they knew something.

Quote Originally Posted by sataitalia77;3534427;
    ITA........but NOT just about Ed!! I thought Jillian was faking it too!! Neither one of them could keep a straight face.....and it's NOT because they were so giddy with love. The entire scene screamed REHEARSED and staged!!! It was really disappointing.

And the whole thing with Wes seems to be the same way. What girl in her right mind would continue to take a guy who people keep CONSTANTLY warning her about? It's all for show.

I've heard about some of the guys being paid to be on the show and act a certain way.........but now I'm starting to think Jillian was too. It's really disappointing (I think I already said that).

The whole show left a really foul taste in my mouth. From the 5 HTD squished into one hour (one segment each???) to make more room for the unrealistic Wes/Jake/Jillian confrontation with no reasonable solution.....to the anti-climactic/poorly acted/very staged Ed/Jillian reunion..........to the total disregard for Michael and Jesse (not one plausable reason as to why they were let go).........to Kiptyn and Reid being complete props.

I know the show has always had an element of heavy editing and some scripting........but now I'm convinced there is no ounce of reality in it at all.

Very disappointing. (I think I said that)
    Well said. Just how long would this season have lasted had it not been for the scripted material? Obviously the producers needed a whole lot of "filler" DRAMA this year. I am not sure just how much Jillian knows, but I have to believe that she isn't totally in the dark either.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3534769;
    Well said. Just how long would this season have lasted had it not been for the scripted material? Obviously the producers needed a whole lot of "filler" DRAMA this year. I am not sure just how much Jillian knows, but I have to believe that she isn't totally in the dark either.
    I agree with this one. I think she must have known a little bit about the drama. I know she has made comments in her interviews (sorry don't remember which ones or exactly what she said) but to the gist about having to make it interesting for the viewers too. I hope thought whoever/whatever she chooses in the end is real and not scripted. Who knows though.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3534678;

I agree that the contrasts in the conversations suggests that Kip is way ahead of her on the maturity curve. Not only those clips, but the whole thing with Wes - acting like a groupie and choosing to ignore the obvious. He so played her. It was painful to watch.

What does it say about Ms. Adventure if she's so intimidated by Kip's family for being intelligent and refined? How boring life would be if everyone stayed in their comfort zone and never took a chance to expand one's horizons and fit into something new. It's fine that she might not care for them but if it's because they're educated and wealthy - that just seems silly and immature.

More and more, her statements that she'd fit in with a Wes ring true to me.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3534544;
    I saw that Reid showed affection of Jillian in front of the family as an indication that he is going for it and opening himself up. He doesn't seem to close up further, he opens up more to Jillian even in Spain.

Jillian really hit it off well with his family and they share a love of things like architeture, etc. that tells me that he's F1.
    I hope he is F1 too. She said last night sense of humor was on her list and not negotiable. Reid makes her laugh constantly plus he is so cuddly and affectionate with her even in front of his family. Ed deserted her...Kip is not quite sure... Reid is there for her .