Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

I saw the scene as somewhat scripted - neither Jillian nor Ed could keep a straight face for a long time. I feel like the important stuff may have been discussed off cameras (the surprise revealed earlier because otherwise the reactions would be too unpredictable or lengthy to edit properly) but who knows? What I do know is no matter how cringeworthy the words in that scene were to me, in terms of the subtle body language (smiles, etc,), it seemed like they were into each other. And add in Ed's reaction to how Jillian looked at the rose ceremony - didn't look fake to me.

But I am just another person with an opinion. I don't know if it will ultimately mean anything or she lets him go at F3 or he's just back to add drama to the season. I do know I am willing to put aside all thoughts of machinations because it's entertainment (or at least supposed to be) and sometimes things have to be done to help it along.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3534337;
    I agree...........I really don't see how you can watch that scene and feel good about it. It completely screams made up to me and completely unbelievable. Something has always struck me as odd with Ed..........I couldn't put my finger on it, but haven't felt good about him or liked him from the beginning.
    ITA........but NOT just about Ed!! I thought Jillian was faking it too!! Neither one of them could keep a straight face.....and it's NOT because they were so giddy with love. The entire scene screamed REHEARSED and staged!!! It was really disappointing.

And the whole thing with Wes seems to be the same way. What girl in her right mind would continue to take a guy who people keep CONSTANTLY warning her about? It's all for show.

I've heard about some of the guys being paid to be on the show and act a certain way.........but now I'm starting to think Jillian was too. It's really disappointing (I think I already said that).

The whole show left a really foul taste in my mouth. From the 5 HTD squished into one hour (one segment each???) to make more room for the unrealistic Wes/Jake/Jillian confrontation with no reasonable solution.....to the anti-climactic/poorly acted/very staged Ed/Jillian reunion..........to the total disregard for Michael and Jesse (not one plausable reason as to why they were let go).........to Kiptyn and Reid being complete props.

I know the show has always had an element of heavy editing and some scripting........but now I'm convinced there is no ounce of reality in it at all.

Very disappointing. (I think I said that)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sataitalia77;3534427;
    ..........to the total disregard for Michael and Jesse (not one plausable reason as to why they were let go).........
    Well, Michael being five years younger and still rather immature, and Jesse being an ice cube....I dunno, but those seem like pretty plausible reasons to me.

I have to say that both of them are total class acts though. Michael just couldn't be more adorable. I hope he finds a cute girl more his age and stage of life and they fall madly in love with each other. And I hope Jesse let his walls down even more with the next girl he finds interesting and attractive.

Jillian's blog is up and gives an insight into each HTD and Ed's return.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3534437;
    Jillian's blog is up and gives an insight into each HTD and Ed's return.
    Where is that?

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3534426;
    I saw the scene as somewhat scripted - neither Jillian nor Ed could keep a straight face for a long time. I feel like the important stuff may have been discussed off cameras (the surprise revealed earlier because otherwise the reactions would be too unpredictable or lengthy to edit properly) but who knows? What I do know is no matter how cringeworthy the words in that scene were to me, in terms of the subtle body language (smiles, etc,), it seemed like they were into each other. And add in Ed's reaction to how Jillian looked at the rose ceremony - didn't look fake to me.
    Me either, Loveski. I agree that there was more that they didn't show. I think her reaction opening the door was real but believe they talked before we saw him tell her. As for her bent leg keeping them apart that would work except for she scooted closer to him once she did that. I think it's hard for Ed to be real enough for some people on camera and the editing doesn't help but there's clearly something there between them and picking this and the goodbye scene apart isn't going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3533997;
    I thought so, too, especially when his brothers were telling her that he isn't married because he can't commit without asking the whole family for their approval. Yikes!
    I think that's Reid's storyline this season. He's not sure enough of his feelings without getting reassurances and advice on what to do. What's he going to do if he needs help in Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3534285;
    It is different that you feel that way about the date for Reid.........you obviously missed the good bye kiss as that was a very long and deep one. I feel that there is tons of chemistry with Reid---it is actually getting very hot, there is chemistry with Kip too, but with Ed, there is no where near the chemistry with him as the other 2 in the final 3
    I did not miss the goodbye kiss. It wasn't long and deep imo. It was a few shorter kisses that looked good except when you think back to similar kisses in past shows with f3 and f4. I will give you there is some chemistry but far less than with Kiptyn, Ed, and even Wes sad though that is. Reid is not getting the romantic f1 edit at all. I think CH's blog is telling because they want us to think Jillian's feelings for Reid is growing which it may be true but just not as much as the other guys.

FORT Newbie

I think Michael will be the one who comes back and proposes to Jillian. He was so sincere with his feelings, and I think he will be the last one standing...with Jillian as his bride.

Quote Originally Posted by sataitalia77;3534440;
    Where is that?
    At people.com.

Here is Reid's part

Reid and I talked a lot about our families prior to going to Philly, and I talked about my granny a lot (do you guys remember her putting boxer shorts on Jason’s head from last season?) Well – Reid had told me that his granny doesn’t talk a lot and I think he was worried that his granny (or Mom-Mom as he calls her) wouldn’t be as cool as mine. Well, “Mom-Mom Rosenthal” and I went into this little room with a few glasses of wine and we had a blast! We talked and talked and talked until they had to literally pull us out of there! Reid was like, “Whoa! I have not seen her so talkative!”

Another thing to note about Reid’s family is how FUNNY his brothers are! Within minutes we were joking around with each other. At one point Reid’s brother Chad was bugging his dad about his ears being a little big. Well, I turned to him and said, “Chad, your ears aren’t exactly a normal size either!” As soon as I said it, my face turned white… everyone was silent for a few seconds… and then the room filled with a roaring laughter. That’s when I knew Reid’s family would be a fun family to be a part of.
    Oh, and she pretty much hints that Wes is a goner next episode.

Let’s end this blog with something positive. Ed comes back!?! Watching this show I can definitely say it looks like this was all set up. I know that’s what you all are thinking… but it really wasn’t. The dude really did fight to come back, and I was SHOCKED. There were so many things flying through my mind like, “Is he The One? What if he isn’t? How will the other guys feel about this? Is this fair? Does it matter? And boy, does Ed look cute in his argyle sweater.” Although I knew I had strong feelings for Ed, I knew accepting him back would be controversial but I didn’t want to always wonder ‘”what if” and had to figure why I couldn’t get this guy off my mind while we were away.
    Got to have Ed's too. I'm glad that she addresses what people are thinking. Interesting what she says about it being controversial. Maybe that's what she's talking about in some of her interviews about choices. Lol at her comment about Ed in that sweater. I felt the same way.

Ed's return was the most boring part of the whole show. I expected a little pomp and circumstance - a little bit of grovelling - a flower or dozen

That whole thing fell so flat, it was absolutely the worst scripted scene I've seen on this show.

After last night I wonder if there's a winner in this bunch. CH still calling Kip perfect. Reid appears to have commitment issues (echoed by his brothers). don't care about the PDA, Jillian initiated it and he had to respond.

I cant remember her line in her PI about Kip (forgot my cheat sheet at home) but she basically says, "what if I choose him and he doesn't choose me" someone must remember that better than I do.

buh-bye Jesse and Michael - I couldnt help but shed a tear for Michael. Jesse never stood a chance in that scenario.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono