Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 7 with screencaps

I study body language and Ed just seems to appear uncomfortable with cameras around... who knows? He could have very deep feelings and not show it for us to see. Just a thought.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCheesePleaz;3534390;
    I study body language and Ed just seems to appear uncomfortable with cameras around... who knows? He could have very deep feelings and not show it for us to see. Just a thought.
    I think you've nailed it. The cameras do seem to make him up tight. People who know him say he's great fun and in a couple of the outtakes, they show him right in the middle of the hijinks so I think he's a lot more relaxed when he's not 'on-air'.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3534380;
    It's amazing how people can watch the same scene and see such different things. I saw hesitancy and nervousness and discomfort when they first met and not too much in the way of conversation from then on. Reid didn't get very enthusiastic when his dad asked him what he was feeling, just that yeah, he could see himself falling for her. She got him all flustered when she tried to show him some affection while they were sitting on the couch. Even the good bye kiss looked a little awkward.

Jillian said the right things in her PI's, that the date had been wonderful and had gone to another level and yada yada yada but I didn't see the chemistry happening.
    Yea, it is amazing that others don't see the chemistry. It has been said by quite a few people now that there is a ton of chemistry between Reid and Jill, yet a lot more are also saying how the section in tonights show referring to Ed coming back, seemed extremely unreal and fake.......almost like some people aren't watching the same episode that you are.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCheesePleaz;3534390;
    This is true, but IMO, he comes across as being very insincere.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3534401;
    Yea, it is amazing that others don't see the chemistry. It has been said by quite a few people now that there is a ton of chemistry between Reid and Jill, yet a lot more are also saying how the section in tonights show referring to Ed coming back, seemed extremely unreal and fake.......almost like some people aren't watching the same episode that you are.
    I think we need to put ourselves in Reid's shoes or really any guys shoes in this situation. They essential went on 2 dates alone at this point and from that point they go and meet the family. To show affection in front of your family after 2 dates is somewhat unrealistic.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3534342;
    Ed's return was anti-climatic to say the least, lol.
    I really liked Ed the first two shows but this whole thing with him leaving changed my opinion of him...I just can't help feeling that way.
    Is it me or does he not even look like he is into Jillian? Ive been saying this all along but in the very end I see Ed being more of a vilian that Wes in this whole thing. I cant believe all the rumors about him but I am starting to see something. Take a look at Reid's reaction to Ed when he arrives at the Rose Ceremony. Its not one of shock, its more of like why are you here

FORT Regular

Someone said it best in another thread. Ed treated his return like a business decision not like a love decision. Could he have been less emotional? It felt he was reading from a script, his speech didn't seem natural at all. Also at the rose ceremony, he didn't even seemed that happy or relieved to get a rose, like any guy coming back for love would.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3534401;
    There are a few dozen people on this board who see this amazing chemistry between Reid and Jillian. On most other boards and blogs, Reid is hardly noticed or mentioned. It's absolutely fine if you want to see a wonderful romance happening. That's what the producers of the show are striving for. Thankfully in real life we're all attracted to different people for different reasons. I don't happen to see the chemistry with Reid while I do see it with Ed but you will not find one single post from me slagging Reid or calling his character into question. I just wish we could maintain a fun level of civility when we're discussing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3534304;
    Why did all the guys get some time with Jillian before (and maybe after) dinner with the parents except Michael? Michael was waiting for her at his parents' home and said goodbye at their doorstep???
    I think that Reid said good-bye to his family. I don't think he stayed.

eta

I'm correct. Notice he was hugging people good-bye and had on his coat with Jillian.
    Last edited by atem; 06-30-2009 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3534402;
    This is true, but IMO, he comes across as being very insincere.
    I agree and I also noticed that he was blinking his eyes alot which, I think, means that he's not telling the truth.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman