Page 1 of 302 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Edit Analysis

Besides being fun, analyzing the edit frequently supports and verifies the sleuthing of the hard data (screencaps, the identification of locations, etc.)

With that said, let's analyze the edit! Sometimes it can get crazy , somethings it can get confusing and bewildering , sometimes- just sometimes - it is right on - and then sometimes it is totally screwed up like last season which tells us that something is terribly wrong with the process and the love story itself.

However, for those who enjoy this kind of thing, it is rarely boring - so jump right in as everybody's opinion is valid and valuable.

To start with, I noticed a few things:

1. In the preview clip we see hunky Jake the pilot telling us how important he thinks it is to be a friend. Of course, that is exactly what Jillian espoused during Jason's season and is supposedly why he dumped her. Therefore, the viewer is cued to believe that Jake could really be the final one.

Now the sleuthers already know that something happens with Jake, and he doesn't go the distance - tricky, tricky Fleiss.

2. We don't get to see the last 5 guys exit the limo. In fact, we hardly get to see them at all except for the weird interaction with Tanner and the foot fetish, yet we know that 3 of the 5 are in the F4.

Boo Fleiss.

3. Big trend perhaps starting....last season we didn't get a 1-1 interaction with Melissa at the M&G, yet she was the first F1. People argued that she couldn't possibly be the F1 because she had not had that 1-1, and that had never happened before.

We have seen a picture of Reid talking to Jillian, but we didn't see it. Reid definitely looks from screencap evidence to be a distinct possibility for F1.
    Could he be?

We need to watch the editing!

All right, I have gotten started with a few things that might impact. What things did you notice in the edit for the premiere?

Re: Edit Analysis

great idea for a thread - tks.

I thought I saw a sc from the M&G of Jillian and Reid talking on a small sofa. It wasn't shown on t.v. that I remember but they did release the sc. Any idea why? Is this the right thread for the above statement/question?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3462375;
    great idea for a thread - tks.

I thought I saw a sc from the M&G of Jillian and Reid talking on a small sofa. It wasn't shown on t.v. that I remember but they did release the sc. Any idea why?
    I personally think the editors are trying to do the hidden bit. I may be wrong as we have yet to see the storylines develop, but we have seen too much of Kip for F1 in typical Bachelor/ette tradition. He has been in the preshow clip, the magazine hot 5 to watch clip, she went to get him first, we heard him talk about being a ketsup guy but we know that she has since she doesn't care as long as the person communicates well and has a sense of humor.

It could be that Fleiss is going to give us the obvious love story this time, but it simply isn't the style of Mike Fleiss, and it goes against everything he has ever said - even after that fiasco last season.

Bloomers, I can't for the life of me figure out why Fleece allowed the info about the girlfriends when it exposes his show for the sham that it is... Unless he had no choice...
    One thing I caught: Jilly says in the promo that she has rejected her tall dark and handsome rule. But that could be a red herring- she may choose just that. ie not Reid but Kip.
    She goes on to says she wants to pick someone who will love her in the long run not just who loves her now. That sounds like Kip is the short term Reid long term right? Yet if it's Reid saying he loves her more than anything in the world in the voice overs, Kip could indeed be the long-term guy.
    The whole mr invisible schtik sounds like Reid since we have not heard from him. And Kip is everywhere. Maybe that's his ruse-he knows we won't be looking for the obvious and he thinks he can fool us with it being the obvious guy-for once!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3462386;
    It could be that Fleiss is going to give us the obvious love story this time, but it simply isn't the style of Mike Fleiss, and it goes against everything he has ever said - even after that fiasco last season.
    I just echoed your sentiments without reading this post!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3462391;
    Bloomers, I can't for the life of me figure out why Fleece allowed the info about the girlfriends when it exposes his show for the sham that it is... Unless he had no choice...
    One thing I caught: Jilly says in the promo that she has rejected her tall dark and handsome rule. But that could be a red herring- she may choose just that. ie not Reid but Kip.
    She goes on to says she wants to pick someone who will love her in the long run not just who loves her now. That sounds like Kip is the short term Reid long term right? Yet if it's Reid saying he loves her more than anything in the world in the voice overs, Kip could indeed be the long-term guy.
    The whole mr invisible schtik sounds like Reid since we have not heard from him. And Kip is everywhere. Maybe that's his ruse-he knows we won't be looking for the obvious and he thinks he can fool us with it being the obvious guy-for once!
    I notice that too, and I agree with you, it sounds like Kip is the short-term guy. It also matches with the "will he break her heart?" storyline.
    Anyway, it looks like Reid did not get a date next week, but the preview said those date-less guys tried to get her attention before RC. TPTB'd better show us some Reid!

But, does he edit for us or for the regular watchers? After lurking here and then joining I watch the show completely differently than I did before. I notice things I never would have noticed and listen a little more closely. The regular viewer (if my daughter is an example) watches the early shows while doing other stuff (folding laundry, doing paper work, etc.). So, if he edits for the regular viewers then he wouldn't care a whole lot about hiding people in the beginning - just get the bodies, good lookers and weird ones air time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3462391;

First to shortie Jillian, Jason was tall, dark and handsome - so maybe she has abandoned that idea based on her experience with him. Also, thus she is able to give Reid who seems rather shorter and lighter-haired a chance.

(Does he look a little like a sandy-haired Jason to anybody else? Jason wasn't very tall either, and his facial features are similar to me).

Reid seems quiet, but has anyone come on here that knows him in person? What do we really know about him? We didn't get to see him in action!

We need to see some storylines develop.

She has said she needs someone who communicates well and who has a sense of humor. However, in thinking about it I wouldn't be surprised if she goes for somebody who is slightly on the more quiet side as that person is more likely not to steal her thunder and compete with her for attention in a crowd - as she said, it would get too noisy with two like her together.

I think the edit is primarily for the regular watchers.After I joined here(right around Brad's season) I have totally changed the way I watch the show.I notice things more and I focus on guys that I know are going to be there possibiliy until the end.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

We also have to remember that when the M&G was edited TPTB didn't know for sure who Jillian was going to chose for her F1 as filming hasn't finished. TPTB know who the final 3 guys are, maybe even the final 2 are and might have an inkling who she chooses but Jillian could change her mind at the last minute. I think in the third episode we will really begin to see the truer edit for the F1 come out as he will have been chosen. Episode 2 might be already edited and ready to air without knowing who the F1 is.