Page 8 of 302 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3468212;
    Reid gets another PI.

It seems as if Kiptyn will be getting the heartbreaker storyline that we were already introduced to in the magazine and the press release... Will he break her heart if she picks him since he has never been the one to be heartbroken?

This is for you Bloomers.
    That's what I thought too.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3468212;
    Reid gets another PI.

It seems as if Kiptyn will be getting the heartbreaker storyline that we were already introduced to in the magazine and the press release... Will he break her heart if she picks him since he has never been the one to be heartbroken?

This is for you Bloomers.

The problem with that storyline and the doubt introduced by the question is that there is no way for it to be answered within the perimeters of the show, is there? The only way that I can think of is that she tells him at the FRC that she just can't take a chance on him breaking her heart, and that would be so lame because then it would indicate that she didn't choose Reid because she simply felt more for him than she did Kip but because Reid was the safer bet - bad scenario!

I will go back to Meredith's season. The doubt and storyline with Ian was:Will he commit? The question could be answered and the doubt removed with the story's perimeters by the actions that Ian took at the FRC. When he proposed, he commited to her ( at least for a year). Actually, if he had just agreed to "take it from here and see where it goes" he still would have commited to her.

The other possibility with Kip if he ends up F2 is that they are foreshadowing the first time that he ends up heartbroken.

Reid and Jillian with their conversation about their signs being perfect matches sure was prob shown for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3468575;
    The problem with that storyline and the doubt introduced by the question is that there is no way for it to be answered within the perimeters of the show, is there? The only way that I can think of is that she tells him at the FRC that she just can't take a chance on him breaking her heart, and that would be so lame because then it would indicate that she didn't choose Reid because she simply felt more for him than she did Kip but because Reid was the safer bet - bad scenario!

I will go back to Meredith's season. The doubt and storyline with Ian was:Will he commit? The question could be answered and the doubt removed with the story's perimeters by the actions that Ian took at the FRC. When he proposed, he commited to her ( at least for a year). Actually, if he had just agreed to "take it from here and see where it goes" he still would have commited to her.

The other possibility with Kip if he ends up F2 is that they are foreshadowing the first time that he ends up heartbroken.
    So what is his storyline? I for sure thought the mention in the press release and the mention of heartbreaking tonight had something to do with a storyline for him...
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3467997;
    Reid had one of the first PI's.
    Not only that, but he was the one to be shown about Wes being there just to promote his lame music.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3468582;
    So what is his storyline? I for sure thought the mention in the press release and the mention of heartbreaking tonight had something to do with a storyline for him...
    I think they threw in that teaser because they knew they had edited in the conversation about heartbreaks. Now we have to figure out does his streak last, or does he get his first heartbreak at the hands of the Bachelorette?

Also, even though he seems pretty nice to me, I think they wanted us to associate the word "heartbreaker" with him because Jillian stated that she wants to make-out with him. It isn't quite working, but I think we are supposed to associate her really getting into making out with a heartbreaker - watch out Jillian....
    Problem is that he doesn't seem like one of her semi-bad boys that she typically falls for. If that is what they intended to convey with the edit, it fell short.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3468612;
    I think they threw in that teaser because they knew they had edited in the conversation about heartbreaks. Now we have to figure out does his streak last, or does he get his first heartbreak at the hands of the Bachelorette?

Also, even though he seems pretty nice to me, I think they wanted us to associate the word "heartbreaker" with him because Jillian stated that she wants to make-out with him. It isn't quite working, but I think we are supposed to associate her really getting into making out with a heartbreaker - watch out Jillian....
    Problem is that he doesn't seem like one of her semi-bad boys that she typically falls for. If that is what they intended to convey with the edit, it fell short.
    I don't think of him as a stereotypical 'heartbreaker', but the man has never been really in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3468612;

I am getting the feeling that Jillian wants what she can't have, so if he seems unattainable (not being the agressive one, having a history of being the one to do the heartbreaking) that might draw her to him. Just a hunch...
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3468614;
    I don't think of him as a stereotypical 'heartbreaker', but the man has never been really in love.
    Same here. I don't get as someone else posted a gay vibe. I just get an emotionless vibe...I just think the guy doesn't really connect, doesn't really put it out there. Even the way he described Jill at first "from what little I know I am impressed". Oh yeah, lots of emotion there. I also think he's a follower,not a leader...yeah, ok, you want a kiss, kiss me. She had to drag him outside to talk. You can't have your heart broken if you have no heart. Pretty on the outside, pretty empty on the inside is my take right now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3468606;
    Not only that, but he was the one to be shown about Wes being there just to promote his lame music.
    Wes has to be one of the biggest ironies on this series. He already had a safety rose, and he was the one that the majority of those guys most likely wanted to vote out.
    Of course, Jillian likes Wes, so she would have saved him too.

By the way, even if Wes isn't a producer set-up and we didn't have the screencap proof to indicate that he doesn't go past F4, we could tell that Wes isn't F1. The person who is edited to be shown as the cause of the confrontation in the house, either justly or unjustly, has never been the F1. Although it has been an F2 edit a few times, it has never been an F1 edit.