Page 7 of 302 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3465246;
    We are now getting indications that it is indeed Reid and Kip who end up in Hawaii as the F2. We aren't seeing anything that indicates that Mike is in the F2. I thought I would bring forth a line out of the new media press release and point out something that I think indicates in the wording that Mike is not F1:

One guy is so obsessed with making an impression that he borrows a "mankini" from a total stranger and streaks into the ocea.

We know from a screencap that this is referring to Mike. Now the phrase "so obsessed" carries a negative connotation. So does borrowing the suit from a total stranger. If Mike were the F1 ( or even still in the running at the time the press release was written), the wording would have been more positive and would have read something like this:

Capturing the Bachelorette's attention, one hunky bachelor dons a mankini and dashes into the ocean.

Watch the wording on those press releases for clues. Sometimes they hold some valuable nuggets!
    Dude, that wasn't even his speedo! Now I am definitely grossed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope whomevers speedo that was, they threw it away.

Thanks Bloomers!! I like it when you explain things so I can try to start learning the edits.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

I'm not sure if this makes sense, but I also noticed that during the negative parts of any preview shown thus far, Kip or Reid (who we think go far) are not shown in a negative light. Would this be an editing trick?

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3462470;
    I think that when we do see Reid it will always be the relaxed, calm, rational but with a sense of humor - think the producers may feel he's the one she will choose and want the viewers to like her pick while still be disappointed that Kip didn't get chosen - no outrage like the Deanna or end of Jason season. They will probably give the final 3 or 4 positive edits (I do think that they will try, on some level, to give us a love story - even if the guy is not our favourite we will still be able to see it).
    Great comment about Reid; I totally agree. As I've said before, I do believe Reid is her Mr. Steady, as in slow and steady wins the race(to the end of the show and beyond). And I do believe that it's Reid on the walking suspension bridge in Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3463966;
    I wasn't here for that season either (but I watched the season), but it's been referenced many times because there was a reshoot, so every season the sluethers look for reshoot evidence. I believe in Jen's season it was the comparison of candles that sealed the deal.
    I was lead PI on sleuthing the reshoot during Jen's season, so I'm going to take one tiny moment to self-congratulate. Candles were only part of the analysis, but I won't subject you to rehashing. All that's in the FORT archives.

Were the Bachelor(ette) storyline a sophisticated one, the editing might actually lead to a story that has some Modernist unity and cohesiveness. However, in true Postmodernist fashion and especially in true reality tv fashion, the editing is usually a disjointed scramble with some broad brush strokes so that a viewer could, in retrospect, see editing cues to justify why the Bach(ette) would pick each of the F4. Especially last season (and maybe this one), the editing was a constant scramble, and I imagine the film editors pulling all-nighters not unlike college students before a final exam or research paper due date. With filming still ongoing, who knows what the editing this time will be like? It sounds to me as if the outcome may have veered from the pre-show scripting and casting. I predict a different storyline in the first half of the season than the last half, and not necessarily two parts to a whole.
    Last edited by bamabrain; 05-23-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3465727;
    I was lead PI on sleuthing the reshoot during Jen's season, so I'm going to take one tiny moment to self-congratulate. Candles were only part of the analysis, but I won't subject you to rehashing. All that's in the FORT archives.

Were the Bachelor(ette) storyline a sophisticated one, the editing might actually lead to a story that has some Modernist unity and cohesiveness. However, in true Postmodernist fashion and especially in true reality tv fashion, the editing is usually a disjointed scramble with some broad brush strokes so that a viewer could, in retrospect, see editing cues to justify why the Bach(ette) would pick each of the F4. Especially last season (and maybe this one), the editing was a constant scramble, and I imagine the film editors pulling all-nighters not unlike college students before a final exam or research paper due date. With filming still ongoing, who knows what the editing this time will be like? It sounds to me as if the outcome may have veered from the pre-show scripting and casting. I predict a different storyline in the first half of the season than the last half, and not necessarily two parts to a whole.
    Bamabrain - great post and I totally agree. It will be interesting to see what happens mid-season, per Chris H.'s info and then to see how the editing changes in the last half.

FORT Fogey

Start listening for questions that Jillian asks about the Bachelors. For instance, last season Jason talked about how interested he seemed in Molly, but then he asked: Or is it just her beautiful eyes I am caught up in? That is what I need to find out.
    Those kinds of questions are great edit giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3467959;
    Start listening for questions that Jillian asks about the Bachelors. For instance, last season Jason talked about how interested he seemed in Molly, but then he asked: Or is it just her beautiful eyes I am caught up in? That is what I need to find out.
    Those kinds of questions are great edit giveaways.
    Ok Bloomers, I'm ready to go. I've been learning about SCs & sleuthing & now I'm going to try to learn a little more about edits.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Reid had one of the first PI's.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Reid gets another PI.

It seems as if Kiptyn will be getting the heartbreaker storyline that we were already introduced to in the magazine and the press release... Will he break her heart if she picks him since he has never been the one to be heartbroken?

This is for you Bloomers.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."