Page 65 of 302 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3492264;
    IF Ed leaves and comes back, and ends up F1, do you think Jillian will suffer some backlash from the viewers?
    there would be, even if people love him now, if he bails that will change the audience's perception of him. This is the reason I can't see her picking him; she's already said we'll see in the end she's got her head on right, etc. If she picked the guy who ditched her then came begging for her back, she'd know we wouldn't be happy with that vs the guy who was by her side the entire time

IMO Ed will be F2.She won't be able to get past the fact that he bailed on her.Reid will be F1.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3492286;
    there would be, even if people love him now, if he bails that will change the audience's perception of him. This is the reason I can't see her picking him; she's already said we'll see in the end she's got her head on right, etc. If she picked the guy who ditched her then came begging for her back, she'd know we wouldn't be happy with that vs the guy who was by her side the entire time
    Unless they edit it in a sympathetic light IMO. They will totally be rooting for him especially once they get it in on Spain and Hawaii after not being with each other or talking for a few weeks.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

FORT Newbie

i think the reason she lets him come back if he does leave, is because she wants to see if she still has that connection that they had when he left, but because he left i dont think it would be as strong as reid and kip and i think she realizes that the question 'will he leave again?' will always be in her head. does this make since? i'm not great at typing what i'm trying to say. lol..

If Ed leaves because he can't take the pressure and the *show* anymore, Jilly is too smart to easily take him back, despite any kind of revelation. Honestly, we are not dealing with a 23-24 year old young lady that is too young to figure out that that type of person may break away from the pressure twice. The pressure is going to be even greater in a long-distance relationship, in the public eye, the tabloids, after 6 years of marriage, children, etc. Jillian is smart. She will analyze all of this, despite being "in love." I think she probably has strong feelings for different guys. I'm sure Jillian thinks/thought long and hard about what to do. And, who knows, maybe TPTB told her that it would make for a great show if she "takes" him back after all of this. Jillian has already mentioned that TPTB definitely like to have some guys that are more dramatic because it makes for good TV. I wouldn't be surprised about this. Maybe after they encourage her to take Ed back, she really does start to have strong, strong feelings for him? But, she will always remember if Ed leaves on his own accord and it will factor into her decision. IN all honesty, if she does chose Ed as F1 after he leaves the show, there must be some incredible connection and she must be truly, 100% in love with him. And that's great, that's what we want. If she choses him, he must have assured her that he wouldn't bail on her ever again....We just have to trust her!!;>)

I'm a Reid fan all the way. I think she is fearful of Kip breaking her heart. I'm not sure if she thinks she can trust him 100%. I think initially in the show, during their 1:1, Jillian trusted Ed. If he leaves because he can't take the pressure or doesn't want to be there anymore, her trust for him will be questionable. So, that leaves our loyal Reid.... I also feel like Jillian is a pro at this whole Bachelor/Bachelorette thing and knows what to say, what not to say, how to make it seem like she choses one person but will chose another, how to purposely lead viewers to think she is chosing Ed or Kip, etc.

Just my 2 cents!
    Last edited by 1blue1pink; 06-09-2009 at 09:18 PM.

I think Jillian shows that she trusts Reid 100% to tell it like it is, and not sugar coat it. I don't see that with any of the others.

It's hard to say what the perception will be until we see why he leaves and what reaction they show. She may be understanding when she's talking to him and still be upset with him afterward. If she thinks he could be the one or at least one of the ones she can see herself ending up with, it will be painful no matter what reason he leaves. For the audience so much will depend on what they play up when he comes back. Will it be romantic or will they throw doubts his way?

Even with Ed gone I don't see Reid as becoming her favorite. Every SC we see of them is tame and she is either laughing or hugging. No kissing.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3492313;
    It's hard to say what the perception will be until we see why he leaves and what reaction they show. She may be understanding when she's talking to him and still be upset with him afterward. If she thinks he could be the one or at least one of the ones she can see herself ending up with, it will be painful no matter what reason he leaves. For the audience so much will depend on what they play up when he comes back. Will it be romantic or will they throw doubts his way?

Even with Ed gone I don't see Reid as becoming her favorite. Every SC we see of them is tame and she is either laughing or hugging. No kissing.
    But they have editted their kisses out before (Jilly & Reid's). I think they kissed at the Pre-RC Monday night but don't think they showed it. He told her, "I just really want to kiss you right now." And I think 2 minutes later, they probably did. I know they have editted one kiss out (we never got to see it on TV but saw it in released SC's). So, just because they don't show kissing doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It's all in what the producers want to show us. It's frustrating that they editted the kiss out though and if they editted another kiss out on Monday night, WHY?

FORT Fan

I expect Ed and Jillian's time together to be fireworks
    Given that picture of them kissing in the fountain in Spain, I'd say so. That picture may have been the image to grab me into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3492326;
    But they have editted their kisses out before (Jilly & Reid's). I think they kissed at the Pre-RC Monday night but don't think they showed it. He told her, "I just really want to kiss you right now." And I think 2 minutes later, they probably did. I know they have editted one kiss out (we never got to see it on TV but saw it in released SC's). So, just because they don't show kissing doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It's all in what the producers want to show us. It's frustrating that they editted the kiss out though and if they editted another kiss out on Monday night, WHY?
    Jillian didn't seem to be eager to kiss Reid if she made him ask a question first. I can't see her doing that with Kip or Ed. I just don't think there's a lot of chemistry and I'm getting more of a friend vibe on her part. He's had very little time with her at this point in the show and it shows.