Page 61 of 302 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fanatic

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Valen;3491499;
    Reid's edit also has some clues. The last 3 episodes, his edit has been leaning a bit to the negative side, in my opinion, often showing him complaining a bit. If it's not about the accomodations, it's about Wes, or not having enough time with Jil, getting the short end of the stick night after night, and finally about not getting the rose during the date where they show him asking her point blank. Jillian's reasoning was that she needs to talk to him some more. Now, last night, he had very limited time, but what the editors did include was the scene before the RC where Reid says to her "I really just want to kiss you" and her response was "You do? You have to ask me something really randomn first". They never did show a kiss between them. It's as if she wanted to get to know more about him, similar to her explanation of why she didn't give him the date rose. This tells me his is not a hidden edit, but simply that there hasn't been much going on between them and I'm not sure there's much fire there.
    I love reading your pro-Ed observations. They force me to look at the editing more objectively... as painful as it may be. It's a shame there aren't enough Kip supporters here adding their own input; people are too quick to write him off as a runner up. (Yeah, he probably is... but like Natalie Wood said in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET: "Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to". So, who knows how this will end?) As I said in an earlier post, it REALLY doesn't matter which one she hooks up with... like Jake said, she deserves a "good guy".

I have to say this episode had the most conspicuous Ed editing. Why his alone time was cut obviously raises questions. I do think the producers want to tell a specific story (what kind is anybody's guess... I have my theory, of course) and his footage may have not "fit in" somehow. Just like the first Reid/Jillian kiss being cut from the wrap up party: they wanted Juan's interruption to have more impact.

In defense of Reid's criticisms... I still think a lot of it is simply "Survivor" style PI commentary. Everybody has been griping on this show; just the producers prefer hearing Reid's griping more than the others. Fits in with Jillian's "testing" of the bachelors. (They want us to think she's testing Reid the hardest.)

It should be noted that he was very careful not to criticize Wes in front of Jillian. He just jokes about Vincent, her first crush, being just like Wes. "Interestingly"... I love how Jillian uses variations of that word... all of his criticisms concern whether or not Wes is here for the right reasons and not because Wes is specifically a "bad" person or has other girlfriends. The way they are editing this, Reid doesn't appear to know much about the girlfriend scenario and appears to flip out next week.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3491541;
    Sorry for the double post. Can someone tell me how to do Multi-quote?

Anyway, great post, Valen!! ITA.
    I do think they edited something out to give Ed a very good edit last night. Even though he's the least of my favorites in F3 (Sorry, my personal preference, nothing personal against him), right now, I am leaning toward he's F1. What bothers me the most is his lack of eye contact during their 1 on 1 date, but that could be he's nervous and not used to camera. Also, I don't like him asking the rose, but that's just me!
    I already mentioned that there's some subtle negative editing about Reid. Right now, he's my F3. Regardless what Jillian has said about "friend first", I think she's a physical, flirty girl, and the physical chemistry is important to her, IMO of course. We have already seen 4 episodes, and still not too much of her interaction with him, I am afraid it will be too little too late.
    Kip is my favorite, so I am biased He hasn't been shown any negativity towards anyone/anything. He answered the question about why he's the heartbreaker. To me, he as the most complete storyline/conflict solved scenario. He also talked about friendship/romance in a relathionship in his PI. His problem is just the opposite of Ried: too much too early. Right now, even it pains me to say this, I think he's F2.
    I don't have much time to post right now but I'm on the same track here too.

SDMOM, about Multi-post. Open a second window, go to the site and find the post you want to quote, click "Quote", copy it and paste it in your first window and post.

ETA: On the same track about the Edit, not about favorites.

Poor Ed has the "short end of the stick" this time... no alone time before Jillian blows her stack. (Oh, that's right. We now know Ed was Ed-ited this time.) The producers are giving him a stellar edit; but, ominously, this quote is highlighted: "I know she knows how to make her own decisions and she has a clear understanding of what she likes and I KNOW what she wants..." Huh-oh. You know what happens to "confident" people in Reality TV?
    I think Ed was yanking their chain with that one. It was a joke which is why they pelted him with bread.

I'm still seeing Reid with the f3 person edit. There is a connection or why bring them so far but not enough to get him a 1 on 1. I think 1 on 1's are probably her choice but even so she had choices to give him a rose on a group date if she wanted. I just don't think he rates all that high on her priorities at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3491634;
    I love reading your pro-Ed observations. They force me to look at the editing more objectively... as painful as it may be. It's a shame there aren't enough Kip supporters here adding their own input; people are too quick to write him off as a runner up. (Yeah, he probably is... but like Natalie Wood said in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET: "Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to". So, who knows how this will end?) As I said in an earlier post, it REALLY doesn't matter which one she hooks up with... like Jake said, she deserves a "good guy".
    First of all, I want to say that I love your posts and observations - great wit! Big Kip fan here - hope he wins but doubtful he will. If I was a regular viewer, he'd be my frontrunner for sure. Based on what I've read - I don't think regular viewers are seeing him as overexposed, in comparison to say, Jake, Tanner or Wes. Edit wise, I think he's had nothing but great moments with her, is a mature man instead of a boy, doesn't whine about his time with her/others and is shown as a gentleman. I love his keeping it real mantra. Sure, he's quiet and in the shadows a bit but she said in her pre-season press that she'd like to be with someone with a little different personality than herself. Why can't the story be that Jillian tames or reforms the heartbreaker and they ride off into the Hawaiian sunset? Instead of the popular sentiment - that she turns the tables on him and breaks his heart?

What makes me doubtful re: Kip, is too much cynicism due to too many seasons that have taken me down a gilded path (the physical/chemistry edit) that's ultimately led to a deadend. I take pause also due to the little clues that have been dropped here and there in the PR promotion about the show - referring to a rollercoaster ride - which makes me wonder if Kip's ride ends in the next few episodes although he makes it to the F3. I would love to be wrong though.

How funny would it be if Fleiss and co are actually putting the season's love story front and center but due to past machinations, no one believes it?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3491751;
    How funny would it be if Fleiss and co are actually putting the season's love story front and center but due to past machinations, no one believes it?
    We would all love any love story, regardless of who the lucky man is. Sometimes, I wish they would just throw the whole "mystery/suspense edit" out the window.

Taking a slight detour, but with Kip in mind...

I was joking in the earlier post about Kip being Best Man at Jillian's wedding... but I'm often reminded of the Trista/Ryan season more so this time around, than in past "Bachelorette" seasons. Especially with some of the things said by Jake last night. Charlie (F2) and Russ (F3) both were at their televised wedding. Both were great friends of Ryan. (I didn't get the sense Charlie and Russ liked each other AS much... but I could be wrong.) I remember Charlie saying in his Chris Harrison interview how upset he was initially when Trista sent him off in the limo, but how everything changed when he saw the romance between Trista and Ryan unfold on TV.

It would be interesting to see more interaction on screen among these Final 3. Reid indirectly praised Ed because he was on his (losing) team... the group he felt was better suited to Jillian. (Obviously, he wasn't referring to Wes.) This is supported by his earlier comment of Ed being a "threat", which was quite complimentary. I just wish we saw more interaction between these two, apart from food fights or discussions about Wes. For some reason, I'm noticing more shots of Reid with Kip than with Ed... although there may be equal interactions between all three.

All of this may come to play in the After The Rose show, especially since Jillian and Melissa are still quite close. We, the viewers, want all of the participants to be accepting of the final outcome.

I posted this over on the episode 7 thread, but thought it might be better over here

That's kind of the story line that I've been thinking... Jillian states in her 1-1 that she has a crush on Ed, he's her type. She states in her PI, I don't know if Ed's the one I'm going to marry, etc.. Which to me seemed a bit premature at that point in time. But what it does is establish that she has a connection to him.

Now you have Reid, who she obviously had some chemistry with from night one, you could see that, but they continually won't show it. To me that seems odd to have someone that makes it to Spain and he's had no air time at all. Why? If he were going to make it that far to be let go at F3 and given the "friend card", why wouldn't we see that friendship develop? We did with Jason and Jillian...

I'm beginning to think that Ed does leave, and returns to throw a loop in for the drama. She's going to be tormented with what she should do. He left before, how can I trust that he won't leave again, etc.... If Ed does leave on his own, I just don't see how he could come back into the game again without a major backlash... especially on the heals of last season with Jason. I think the show would take another major hit, and I don't see that happening. The drama will be played out, but in the end she will make the right choice... (whether that's Reid or Kip)

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3491943;
    If Ed does leave on his own, I just don't see how he could come back into the game again without a major backlash... especially on the heals of last season with Jason. I think the show would take another major hit, and I don't see that happening. The drama will be played out, but in the end she will make the right choice... (whether that's Reid or Kip)
    Exactly why I don't think even if Ed does leave and comes back she will pick him in the end unless it was a gennuine family emergency.But after what happened with Jason I don't think the fans would take kindly to Jilly if she took Ed back after he bolted from a stressful situation.She will pick one of the guys who has stayed throughout this whole experience.I feel sure that her F1 is Reid as much as I love Kip.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

I posted this over on the episode 7 thread, but thought it might be better over here

That's kind of the story line that I've been thinking... Jillian states in her 1-1 that she has a crush on Ed, he's her type. She states in her PI, I don't know if Ed's the one I'm going to marry, etc.. Which to me seemed a bit premature at that point in time. But what it does is establish that she has a connection to him.

Now you have Reid, who she obviously had some chemistry with from night one, you could see that, but they continually won't show it. To me that seems odd to have someone that makes it to Spain and he's had no air time at all. Why? If he were going to make it that far to be let go at F3 and given the "friend card", why wouldn't we see that friendship develop? We did with Jason and Jillian...

I'm beginning to think that Ed does leave, and returns to throw a loop in for the drama. She's going to be tormented with what she should do. He left before, how can I trust that he won't leave again, etc.... If Ed does leave on his own, I just don't see how he could come back into the game again without a major backlash... especially on the heals of last season with Jason. I think the show would take another major hit, and I don't see that happening. The drama will be played out, but in the end she will make the right choice... (whether that's Reid or Kip)
    There have been a ton of f3's who have had an unsatisfactory edit. We feel there must be something there because we know they make it a long way and wonder why we don't see it. Every time it's because there wasn't as much to it as we thought or in some cases (I'm thinking Lanny) they probably would have been f2 but someone else was thought to be easier to let down.

Some of us think Ed would be the right choice even if he were to leave and come back however I do think Jillian should choose who she feels is right whether it's my favorite or not.

Also, Jillian got the first one on one w/Jason and a date rose as well. If we believe that TPTB strongly suggest to Jill who she should give the dates to, then they are purposely keeping her away from Reid. Something is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3491751;
    First of all, I want to say that I love your posts and observations - great wit! Big Kip fan here - hope he wins but doubtful he will. If I was a regular viewer, he'd be my frontrunner for sure. Based on what I've read - I don't think regular viewers are seeing him as overexposed, in comparison to say, Jake, Tanner or Wes. Edit wise, I think he's had nothing but great moments with her, is a mature man instead of a boy, doesn't whine about his time with her/others and is shown as a gentleman. I love his keeping it real mantra. Sure, he's quiet and in the shadows a bit but she said in her pre-season press that she'd like to be with someone with a little different personality than herself. Why can't the story be that Jillian tames or reforms the heartbreaker and they ride off into the Hawaiian sunset? Instead of the popular sentiment - that she turns the tables on him and breaks his heart?

What makes me doubtful re: Kip, is too much cynicism due to too many seasons that have taken me down a gilded path (the physical/chemistry edit) that's ultimately led to a deadend. I take pause also due to the little clues that have been dropped here and there in the PR promotion about the show - referring to a rollercoaster ride - which makes me wonder if Kip's ride ends in the next few episodes although he makes it to the F3. I would love to be wrong though.

Well said, and ITA with the bolded part.
    Many of us Kip fans are longtime viewers of the show and are too aware of Fleiss tricks. Kip was on Chris' Top 5 to Watch pre show, his "heartbreaker" label, Jillian's obvious attraction to him - well, those are the red flags for us. He got an almost perfect edit - instead of enjoying his story, we automatically got suspious: Is he the Perfect F3? Or the Physical F2? Or is he set up to be the next Bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3491968;
    Also, Jillian got the first one on one w/Jason and a date rose as well. If we believe that TPTB strongly suggest to Jill who she should give the dates to, then they are purposely keeping her away from Reid. Something is weird.
    But why? What is the purpose of delaying Reid's date? He's not the kind of drama king who willthrow a fit, so I don't think there will be too much drama there. If he's the F1, he's probably the most hidden F1 ever.

Interestingly, unlike Melissa from last season, none of the F3 had tons of PIs. I think Michael got a lot last night, maybe to set up for his 1 on 1 date next week.