Page 60 of 302 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fanatic

Re: Reid **Spoilers**

Re-watched last night's episode. Once again, it is another brilliant, brilliant piece of editing.

Kiptyn's still the current Front Runner; when Jillian closed the door behind him, she was tingling like one of her earrings. However, the editors continue to chisel into the Kiptynite. Kip is surprisingly pessimistic through all of his smiling: reminding us again of his "50/50 chance of going home", "Jillian is the TYPE of person I COULD be in a relationship with" and "I've never kayaked for groceries before... I don't know if I ever will again."

Gotta love the way Kip puts his arm on Reid early in the episode. Yup, he'll be Best Man at the wedding. I think this is the third scene with the two of them being this close together. Not sure if they're buddies or the producers like shoving them together a lot. Funny, the only shot of Ed joining them in our Projected Final 3 Screencap has him talking about hot tubs!

Jake, this episode's temporary replacement for Reid as designated PIer, states the foreshadowing: "She's gonna fall in love with two guys. It's inevitable. It will happen. And she will let one of them go". By now, we know Jake's less concerned about being chosen and more about Jillian being hurt. (OK- invite him to the wedding too.)

Poor Ed has the "short end of the stick" this time... no alone time before Jillian blows her stack. (Oh, that's right. We now know Ed was Ed-ited this time.) The producers are giving him a stellar edit; but, ominously, this quote is highlighted: "I know she knows how to make her own decisions and she has a clear understanding of what she likes and I KNOW what she wants..." Huh-oh. You know what happens to "confident" people in Reality TV?

The scenes with Reid were brief, but still employed both the basic "Long, Hard Road To Romance" and "Jillian's Test" themes. The former was brought forth when she commented about wanting to snuggle up to him, but needing to "catch up" instead. He is dying to kiss her again, but she decides to do some Q&A quizzing. (Unlike Ed, Reid might move both the computer and the TV out of their bedroom... Jillian is too easily distracted.)

First thing out of her mouth concerns his guy-time in the penthouse. We've already seen in interviews the importance of her man getting along with everybody. When he says that without her asking, she lights up like a pinball machine. (Even though he warns her: I DON'T think you want to come when we're hanging out together. To be truthful, he's isn't inviting Wes and Vincent to the wedding.)

By now, Reid realizes this will be a long and a grueling test. That's why he's the only guy on the show wearing his glasses. (Don't tell me nobody else here is near-sighted! Judging from the clumsy curling game, I'm guessing Jesse is the only one with 20/20 vision.) The prop and wardrobe department want to keep Reid in Daniel Faraday character for as long as possible. I think Team Reid is being tested with all of the he said/she said news buzzin' around. Keep your glasses on and stay focused on the show!

Once again: the online videos at abc.com have Reidless chapter pics. Smooth, ABC. Very smooth. Talk about "under the radar". Future preview shows him caught up in the girlfriend dilemma... yeah, RIGHT... does anyone HERE actually think he's the mystery man she's sobbing to?
    Last edited by Jack Benny Fan; 06-09-2009 at 04:16 PM.

FORT Fan

Re: Edit Analysis

This tells me his is not a hidden edit, but simply that there hasn't been much going on between them and I'm not sure there's much fire there.
    Uh oh. Them's fighting words.

I happen to agree with some of it, though Reid hasn't been coming off that negatively to me. My only issue with him really is how he's always edited as talking about kissing. It's a little offputting when I'm sure he's interested in more than that.

Anyway what I did love about the editing last night is it gave people personality and showed who were friends. I liked Ed mentioning hottubs humorously, Michael being generally humorous, Reid/Jesse goofing around with Ed on the ice by pushing him with sticks, the guys talking about drinking, etc. I really got the sense that some of them are pretty normal or funny. I don't recall how much of that they used to show in the past but it's going a long way in making me enjoy the season and a lot of the contestants.

My first impression after hearing that was: Didn't she just have a date with Ed? So does that mean he's not one of the good guys?
    I saw it differently. He said he was looking for a pattern and I thought he was including Ed in that. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3491517;
    Re-watched last night's episode. Once again, it is another brilliant, brilliant piece of editing.

Kiptyn's still the current Front Runner; when Jillian closed the door behind him, she was tingling like one of her earrings. However, the editors continue to chisel into the Kiptynite. Kip is surprisingly pessimistic through all of his smiling: reminding us again of his "50/50 chance of going home", "Jillian is the TYPE of person I COULD be in a relationship with" and "I've never kayaked for groceries before... I don't know if I ever will again."

Gotta love the way Kip puts his arm on Reid early in the episode. Yup, he'll be Best Man at the wedding. I think this is the third scene with the two of them being this close together. Not sure if they're buddies or the producers like shoving them together a lot. Funny, the only shot of Ed joining them in our Projected Final 3 Screencap has him talking about hot tubs!

Jake, this episode's temporary replacement for Reid as designated PIer, states the foreshadowing: "She's gonna fall in love with two guys. It's inevitable. It will happen. And she will let one of them go". By now, we know Jake's less concerned about being chosen and more about Jillian being hurt. (OK- invite him to the wedding too.)

Poor Ed has the "short end of the stick" this time... no alone time before Jillian blows her stack. (Oh, that's right. We now know Ed was Ed-ited this time.) The producers are giving him a stellar edit; but, ominously, this quote is highlighted: "I know she knows how to make her own decisions and she has a clear understanding of what she likes and I KNOW what she wants..." Huh-oh. You know what happens to "confident" people in Reality TV?

The scenes with Reid were brief, but still employed both the basic "Long, Hard Road To Romance" and "Jillian's Test" themes. The former was brought forth when she commented about wanting to snuggle up to him, but needing to "catch up" instead. He is dying to kiss her again, but she decides to do some Q&A quizzing. (Unlike Ed, Reid might move both the computer and the TV out of their bedroom... Jillian is too easily distracted.)

First thing out of her mouth concerns his guy-time in the penthouse. We've already seen in interviews the importance of her man getting along with everybody. When he says that without her asking, she lights up like a pinball machine. (Even though he warns her: I DON'T think you want to come when we're hanging out together. To be truthful, he's isn't inviting Wes and Vincent to the wedding.)

By now, Reid realizes this will be a long and a grueling test. That's why he's the only guy on the show wearing his glasses. (Don't tell me nobody else here is near-sighted! Judging from the clumsy curling game, I'm guessing Jesse is the only one with 20/20 vision.) The prop and wardrobe department want to keep Reid in Daniel Faraday character for as long as possible. I think Team Reid is being tested with all of the he said/she said news buzzin' around. Keep your glasses on and stay focused on the show!

Once again: the online videos at abc.com have Reidless chapter pics. Smooth, ABC. Very smooth. Talk about "under the radar". Future preview shows him caught up in the girlfriend dilemma... yeah, RIGHT... does anyone HERE actually think he's the mystery man she's sobbing to?

great reflecttions and thanks for sharing! Do you think they are trying to turn around and make Ed Mr. Insvisble now?

FORT Fanatic

Sopmething that I noticed with Ed's date that just came to mind was the fact that they edited in the words "leap of faith" when they were coming down the line. Showing to me the person put themselves out there.

Same term used last season with Molly....don't know if it was connected with her being F2 or F1.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Holls;3491530;
    great reflecttions and thanks for sharing! Do you think they are trying to turn around and make Ed Mr. Insvisble now?
    You know, I could see them flipflopping the two...

Quote Originally Posted by Valen;3491499;
    There are a couple of things that have stood out for me regarding the presumed F3:

Ed's edit has been very clean and balanced.
    Reid's edit also has some clues. This tells me his is not a hidden edit, but simply that there hasn't been much going on between them and I'm not sure there's much fire there.

Kip's edit has been really good. IThe edit could go either way for a F1 or F2 right now, IMO.
    Sorry for the double post. Can someone tell me how to do Multi-quote?

Anyway, great post, Valen!! ITA.
    I do think they edited something out to give Ed a very good edit last night. Even though he's the least of my favorites in F3 (Sorry, my personal preference, nothing personal against him), right now, I am leaning toward he's F1. What bothers me the most is his lack of eye contact during their 1 on 1 date, but that could be he's nervous and not used to camera. Also, I don't like him asking the rose, but that's just me!
    I already mentioned that there's some subtle negative editing about Reid. Right now, he's my F3. Regardless what Jillian has said about "friend first", I think she's a physical, flirty girl, and the physical chemistry is important to her, IMO of course. We have already seen 4 episodes, and still not too much of her interaction with him, I am afraid it will be too little too late.
    Kip is my favorite, so I am biased He hasn't been shown any negativity towards anyone/anything. He answered the question about why he's the heartbreaker. To me, he as the most complete storyline/conflict solved scenario. He also talked about friendship/romance in a relathionship in his PI. His problem is just the opposite of Ried: too much too early. Right now, even it pains me to say this, I think he's F2.

Quote Originally Posted by Valen;3491499;
    There are a couple of things that have stood out for me regarding the presumed F3:

Ed's edit has been very clean and balanced. I thought his date was edited very nicely, and they added some very encouraging PIs along the way to show Jil's interest and chemistry with him as well as their compatibility. They also made sure to include some possible obstacles regarding Ed's focus on business rather than social side, as well as whether he is capable to open up quick enough for this very limited process. That is always an indicator of a F1 or F2 edit. As far as last night goes, there was a preview that was put out at some point showing the "That's disgusting" scene. In the preview, after you hear someone yell that, it cuts to Ed laughing as he steps away from the window. This scene was re-edited for the show last night, and after you hear Tanner yell that (confirmed by closed captioning) they cut to a different angle of Tanner at the window and not Ed laughing. This tells me that they didn't want anyone to think Ed was the one who yelled that. They also left out the quality time before the RC with Jil in which we know he says to her "I hate these guys". Which makes you wonder that if Ed does leave because he's over it and hates the guys, why not include that scene as a precursor of what's to come. I think there's more to what happens next episode and it's not necessarily a negative for Ed whether he leaves or not.

Reid's edit also has some clues. The last 3 episodes, his edit has been leaning a bit to the negative side, in my opinion, often showing him complaining a bit. If it's not about the accomodations, it's about Wes, or not having enough time with Jil, getting the short end of the stick night after night, and finally about not getting the rose during the date where they show him asking her point blank. Jillian's reasoning was that she needs to talk to him some more. Now, last night, he had very limited time, but what the editors did include was the scene before the RC where Reid says to her "I really just want to kiss you" and her response was "You do? You have to ask me something really randomn first". They never did show a kiss between them. It's as if she wanted to get to know more about him, similar to her explanation of why she didn't give him the date rose. This tells me his is not a hidden edit, but simply that there hasn't been much going on between them and I'm not sure there's much fire there.

Kip's edit has been really good. I don't think he's been shown talking about any of the guys. His edit focuses on Jil and where he is in the process with her. It's been focusing heavily on the physical aspect, which is usually a F2 edit, but last night we got to see some genuine conversations between them where they gave him the opportunity to explain to Jil and the audience more about his comments about never been heart broken. They clearly showed how giddy Jil is when she's with him. It's easy to see how he makes it to the end. The edit could go either way for a F1 or F2 right now, IMO.
    VALEN..You have said it perfectly as how I am seeing the edit..

I personally think there's quite a bit of fire between Reid & Jill, considering they haven't had much alone time yet.

Question for you edit experts: what do you make, if anything, of the PI they showed of Reid after his team lost the curling match? Where he repeats a couple times that he's pretty sure Jill would have preferred to spend time with the blue team

This may not mean anything, bit I noticed something in watching the last 3 episodes..

Episode 2 opened with a shot of the mansion and still pool water.
    Episode 3 opened with a shot of a surfer.
    Episode 4 opened with a yellow rose.

All of these shots were very quick. When I saw the surfer, I thought of kip. Then in last night's episode, I thought yellow rose=friendship. Anyone have any thoughts on the opening clips?

I find it interesting they cut out Ed's conversation with her. I think last night was when he said he hates the guys in the house per SC as he is wearing the same outfit, and I assume it is probably about Wes. I think it would have put Ed in a negative light though so perhaps that is why they cut it out. We know he got to talk with her because Robby said only him and Michael were the ones that didn't get any time to talk with her. What do you think?
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn