Page 58 of 302 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Reid would be a Great bachelor. Would rather see him do it than kip.

Question. Have they shown 1 PI of Jillian talking about Reid? It's always a VO.

I have a guess on the others with girlfriends, if the gf thing is real. I've eliminated Ed, Reid, Jake, Kiptyn and Tanner based on Tanner's convo with Jake and Ed tonight. We know that Jake likes Kyp, and Reid seems to be buddies with all of them as well. That leaves Michael, Mark, Robby and Wes, unless David and Juan were in the mix. Michael seemed geniunely upset that he didn't get any 1:1 with Jillian, but Robby was kind of sneeky about it and just parroted what Michael said. I know that Mark said he was cheated on, but I get the feeling he's a little immature about things back at the bunkhouse and at the hotel when they picked up Mike's bags tonight and was one of the more vocal ones cheering when Sasha left.

I say if any, ANY of the others have gf's, other than Wes, it is Mark and Robby. That is, if any of them really have gf's. I believe Wes does, so I say Tanner wasn't stretching the truth. This season is killing me, lol.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3490406;
    Question. Have they shown 1 PI of Jillian talking about Reid? It's always a VO.
    There was an interview when she talked about wanting to cuddle up with him, but something about that they should talk instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3490432;
    I have a guess on the others with girlfriends, if the gf thing is real. I've eliminated Ed, Reid, Jake, Kiptyn and Tanner based on Tanner's convo with Jake and Ed tonight. We know that Jake likes Kyp, and Reid seems to be buddies with all of them as well. That leaves Michael, Mark, Robby and Wes, unless David and Juan were in the mix. Michael seemed geniunely upset that he didn't get any 1:1 with Jillian, but Robby was kind of sneeky about it and just parroted what Michael said. I know that Mark said he was cheated on, but I get the feeling he's a little immature about things back at the bunkhouse and at the hotel when they picked up Mike's bags tonight and was one of the more vocal ones cheering when Sasha left.

I say if any, ANY of the others have gf's, other than Wes, it is Mark and Robby. That is, if any of them really have gf's. I believe Wes does, so I say Tanner wasn't stretching the truth. This season is killing me, lol.
    I am glad you brought up the scene (bolded above in your post) where Tanner appears to be talking to Jake and Ed. For anyone who wants to rewatch it this scene took place right before Tanner takes Jillian aside to tell her about the girlfriends. I would really like those who are into edit analysis to take a closer look at this scene---it struck me as "off" the first time I watched it because I had the feeling that Tanner was talking to Jake, but that the 3rd person in the conversation might not have been Ed. Tanner is shown saying something to the effect of "the three of us..." as he gestures to the the two people with whom he is talking----it appears that Jake is responding directly to what Tanner is saying, so I am assuming that Tanner and Jake are part of the same conversation. The "3rd person" in the group is edited to be Ed, but I am not sure it is---when Ed is shown all we see is a hand gesture made by someone (which could be Tanners hand) and the jaw/profile of another person (which could be Jake)....but the gestures and the jaw/profile certainly don't match up with the voiceover. I think it is possible that there was a different person sitting with Jake and Tanner when this conversation took place. Can any edit experts weigh in on this? If Ed was really the 3rd guy there then why not toss in at least one wide shot that shows the 3 of them sitting there together? The fact that throughout the conversation we only see each guy one at a time leads me to believe that this scene is diced more than just to edit it down to size. Anyone else?
    Last edited by cheekychook; 06-09-2009 at 01:59 AM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3490432;

Didn't Robby say in last weeks show that he hadn't had a girlfriend for the past 2 years?

FORT Regular

I may have read waaayyy to many spoilers here on this board but to me Michael and Tanner are plants for the gf drama thing.

cheekychook, I get what you are saying. It's possible that they were cutting here and there but Ed did say something like: is there anything we can do? ... so he was part of the conversation. To me, he looked like he got a great edit tonight. He's part of the boys and seemed to be emotionally invested.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3490106;
    I thought Ed got a pretty good edit tonight even though they didn't show his 1 on 1 time with Jillian. He came across very well and the others seem to like him. Two outtakes in a row featuring Ed. I'm not sure what it means but am loving it. I just don't see them editing him to be leaving unless something really strange happens so I'm assuming he stays until we know for sure.
    I dunno, I thought him yelling out disgusting! (even though we didn't see him say it) and calling Wes a turd (can't remember the exact phrase but it was derogatory) wasn't cool at all. He had a really disgusted, mean look on his face when he sat back down and it kind of turned me off of him when I previously thought he was really cool. I hope I re-like him again.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3490660;
    I dunno, I thought him yelling out disgusting! (even though we didn't see him say it) and calling Wes a turd (can't remember the exact phrase but it was derogatory) wasn't cool at all. He had a really disgusted, mean look on his face when he sat back down and it kind of turned me off of him when I previously thought he was really cool. I hope I re-like him again.
    I thought someone said that on their closed captioning it said Tanner said disgusting?

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3490662;
    I thought someone said that on their closed captioning it said Tanner said disgusting?
    It sounded like Ed to me but I'll take their word...either way, he said the turd comment and I didn't like the disdain he had in his eyes when he sat down. It was off-putting. As I said, I hope my view on him changes.
    We need not think alike to love alike