Page 50 of 302 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3487964;
    What is Jake's edit? He had that great first date with her and then after that, he doesn't seem to be going out of his way to get her alone. Why?
    He may very well have, but we just haven't seen it. If that isn't the story the editors want to tell, then that isn't the story we will see. There isn't any way I believe that Jake went on that date and then simply sat back and basically quit pursuing her altogether. There was that one screencap, for example, that we identified as Jake in the bed in the mansion. After being out for the evening it appeared that Jillan, dressed in a black and white striped dress and wearing blue shoes, was checking on him . He was pulling her into the bed on top of him. However, we never saw that screencap in action on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3487969;
    He may very well have, but we just haven't seen it. If that isn't the story the editors want to tell, then that isn't the story we will see. There isn't any way I believe that Jake went on that date and then simply sat back and basically quit pursuing her altogether. There was that one screencap, for example, that we identified as Jake in the bed in the mansion. After being out for the evening it appeared that Jillan, dressed in a black and white striped dress and wearing blue shoes, was checking on him . He was pulling her into the bed on top of him. However, we never saw that screencap in action on the show.
    Not the same, IMO. Jillian went to his room. We haven't seen any media pics/promo pics that show him talking to her alone. There's nothing from him from PIs saying he wants more time with her or anything. He's coming off to me like a Ken doll with a permenate smile on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by pangsurbs;3487913;
    Well said, eowenc! At the end of the day, this is a TV show after all, and I am one of those people who still get jaded and hope to see a love story, but I always have to bang my head once in a while and put in the back of my mind that what we see is not exactly how the REAL story came about, but a "manufactured" story that is almost a 100% producer-driven. The "reality" persona may be giving the "inputs" to the story, but it is eventually the producers who splice and dice and mix up all these inputs to come up with a final product that they think would be interesting/dramatic/action-packed/(add adjective here) to majority of the TV viewers. Just my two cents.
    You have the right attitude and attitude is what it's all about. Last season who displayed the best attitude among the contestants. Look at the F3:
    First Jillians edit showed she won everybody over in the real audience and on the boards as well. She was fun, outgoing achieving her goal of a good friendship and then was delt the friend card;

Second Melissa's edit showed us bubbly personality, good with kids but too physical IMO always wraping her legs around him as a greeting (when she's 80 she won't be doing that), parents would not cooperate (can you say red flag) but poor Jason influenced by his Mom saying you care more about your family right - and she's (Molly) more interested in her career - promptly setting womens agendas back 40+ years - made the ultimate mistake of thinking of others instead of himself in love;

Third Molly's edit showed us a confident, intelligent, friendly, outgoing, fun, mature and still sensitive young lady who's attitude was the best. She said things about the butterflys, confirmed often she knew what to expect and she was up for it. From episode 4 on her edit was building a strong relationship. Again poor Jason was advise by Deanna to lead his heart with his head. What's that mean? He decided again not to choose who he had now identified as the wild card (= Jesse for Deanna) based on her advise. Molly's attitude kept at it's best even in the RC. Based on the edit her actions there led to the final result = winner. And still going today.

All that aside: Jillian is a really smart and capable lady with the proper attitude to leave this with someone to love and love her. The question is who's attitude of her F3 will be the best considering all the BS that TPTB are throwing at these guys and Jilli (all in the name of ratings). From what I've been reading based on your input the next few episodes until they leave Canada may represent the kind of obsticles seen only on Wipeout. With that in mind how will the gentlemen cope?

Ed: His attitude after Ep 3 was terrific but because of what you have told me I'm really worried for him. He may not be strong enough or maybe patient enough is a better phrase to keep his great attitude after Ep 3. as per the edit, he still has a lot of relationship building to do but he knows that. Remember he mentioned that and Jilli agreed on their date that there's not a lot of time. Leaving and returning would shorten that time. I don't think it happened if he's in HI.

Kip: Attitude and confidence for this guy get's a 10 every time but he seems a little aloof. Editing shows he has already acompolished the physical relationship and needs to work on the emotional bonding and things they may enjoy in common. She has said she doesn't care she just wants to make out with him. Look out Kip the Melissa whammy is waiting if you don't hurry up. F2or F3 and next bachelor are waiting (but that may be all he really wants) that would = bad attitude.

Reid: The great unknown bachelor but what we see from his edit is that he has been slowly blocking or checking his way up to his turn at a 1 on 1 kind of like Naomi and you know what happened there. So far the attitude and confidence are good but wow is his time shortening every day he doesn't get a 1 on 1 that's an attitude killer every time. Look out for the friend card if things don't pick up soon - like tomorrow night. Can he really sing and play the guitar - maybe better than Wes? I hope we find out.

Others that the real non spoiler audience are examining.

Jake, Jesse, Robby, Wes? (they see her as liking him), Mark (we will see tomorrow) and all others are gone tomorrow or noone thinks they have a chance.

Is their a possibility of a stealth bachelor we haven't discussed? When did they all get home?

As far as the final attitude goes Jillian spoke about her choice being understanding of others. This tells us a lot. I know who I think this is. What do you think?

FORT Regular

I love those long posts with complex thoughts in them. And a male perspective, on top of that! Thank you!

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inconnu;3488060;
    I love those long posts with complex thoughts in them. And a male perspective, on top of that! Thank you!
    ITA! It was very well thought out.

eowenc, as for your question at the end:

As far as the final attitude goes Jillian spoke about her choice being understanding of others. This tells us a lot. I know who I think this is. What do you think?
    I know who I think this is too.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3488062;
    ITA! It was very well thought out.

eowenc, as for your question at the end:

I know who I think this is too.

To both Inconnu and lovemygirls

Thanks for your support. I'm really enjoying this.

Not talking till I see 2 more episodes about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3487958;
    My take on Dave is that he's acting like a gay-bashing homophobe. His "man-code" talk is code for Juan isn't acting like a "real man" (AKA among guys like Dave "He's gay" ).

Think about it. In what other context do Neanderthal's like Dave talk about tying someone up to a tree and beating the crap out of them? If he thought Juan was a "man code" kind of guy, he'd be talking about duking it out with him, but he's not.
    I don't think this is about gayness at all. People this age don't see a gay person in a negative way not even David. Other than that ITA.

ETA: I've known a few guys like Dave especially other Football players from college they are all talk and no action. They would not talk this way unless they knew they had backup with them.

The guys that would act don't talk they pounce getting their target off guard.
    Last edited by eowenc; 06-08-2009 at 03:44 AM. Reason: ETA

I find it interesting that they decided to show us Reid playing the guitar with Wes.

I'll be interested to see what kind of edit Ed has tonight after the 1 on 1 date. Jake got nothing but didn't have a date. We know Ed at least gets a group date even if his team loses. The clip of him saying he hates the guys is from this RC so hope we hear it all to see what it's about. He clearly gets along with them so it may be something to do with the gf's or that he finds it hard to see them going after Jillian.

Jake may get more time tonight because he's on the winning team but I think it will be mostly about Kip and the gf drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Inconnu;3488060;
    Me, too. What a great read - thank you! I'm always interested in the male perspective as well as what non-sleuthers think that you addressed in your post (spend too much time reading those).

Regarding David - Did you notice when Juan spoke with him - David couldn't really articulate the reason for his dislike? Nothing he said made the level of his rage understandable to me.