Page 5 of 302 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I have not had time to read all the posts. I get the feeling that Reid is probably the F1. Jillian keeps mentioning that (I can't remember exactly how she put it) her F1 was invisible yet and so far Reid has been invisible to us. I don't know maybe that does not make sense but that is something that I noticed.

I don't mean disrespect to anyone, but, I don't understand all the Reid love when he was shown only seconds on first night (ducking away from tomatoes thrown my way). Is it because he's the possible F1, so some are saying he's a better fit to Jillian than Kip? I will admit I was guilty of blind Melissa love and Jesse prejudice based on pre-show speculations.
    One thing I've learned from last season's fiasco is we really don't know any of these people. What we know about them is filtered through TPTB and they want to manipulate the viewers into liking certain people through editing. If I can keep that in mind, maybe I can learn to stay neutral (like all these great sleuthers on this board) and not get emotionally involved. (Yay, right! LOL)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenngal;3462880;
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I have not had time to read all the posts. I get the feeling that Reid is probably the F1. Jillian keeps mentioning that (I can't remember exactly how she put it) her F1 was invisible yet and so far Reid has been invisible to us. I don't know maybe that does not make sense but that is something that I noticed.
    Invisible would go with the "stealth bachelor/ett" idea that has been around since at least Jen Sheft and Andrew Firestone in B3.

I know this is old news, but I've seen mentions of Jenn Scheft's FRC being reshot and I wasn't around this board then so I wasn't aware of this. Can someone give me a summary of what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3462771;
    You're right! We only heard the convos that they chose out of all of those hours of the cocktail party to let us hear.

Why didn't we hear the conversation between Reid and her? We know from screencaps that he is really goes far in this process, so why didn't we see that?

Everything shown in the edit is carefully selected for a purpose - to point the way to the final end result. Sometimes the edit isn't even exactly what happened the way that it happened, but it is telling the story that they want to tell.

We saw a physical connection made between her and Kip ( Enough physical attraction that she gave him a rose despite the fact that he out and out told her he was a ketsup guy)

We saw a physical, probably emotional connection made between her and Mike when he dried her feet off ( an intimate and humble gesture)

We didn't hear anything from Reid although we saw it. Is it because he didn't say anything worth hearing? If so, why did she give him a rose and look pleased to do it? Or are they trying to hide him for some reason and bring him on very slowly, stealthily?
    Your last sentence reminded me of "slow and steady wins the race". Maybe this year TPTB decided to do a tortoise and hare theme. Kip's the hare - seen everywhere at the beginning = fast out of the gate. Reid's the tortoise - not seen just always there somewhere = slow but sure.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Regular

I get a possible Ryan (Trista's) with both Kip and Reid from the edit so far. We were shown the full (lol) interaction with Reid getting his rose and we were shown Reid and Jillian laughing when they were gathering to do the toast for the season at the end. He was there right beside her, calm and humorous!

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3462883;
    I don't mean to disrespect to anyone, but, I don't understand all the Reid love when he was shown only seconds on first night (ducking away from tomatoes thrown my way). Is it because he's the possible F1, so some are saying he's a better fit to Jillian than Kip? I will admit I was guilty of blind Melissa love and Jesse prejudice based on pre-show speculations.
    One thing I've learned from last season's fiasco is we really don't know any of these people. What we know about them is filtered through TPTB and they want to manipulate the viewers into liking certain people through editing. If I can keep that in mind, maybe I can learn to stay neutral (like all these great sleuthers on this board) and not get emotionally involved. (Yay, right! LOL)
    I don't know that I think Reid is better for Jillian than Kip but I think we do base much of what we feel about someone based on the limited interaction that we see. I never really was emotionally invested in a bachelor/ette until Melissa.

I never understand this show's so-called 'editing'.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3462889;
    I know this is old news, but I've seen mentions of Jenn Scheft's FRC being reshot and I wasn't around this board then so I wasn't aware of this. Can someone give me a summary of what happened?
    Thanks for asking this! I have been wondering this myself, hopefully someone can help us!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3463511;
    Thanks for asking this! I have been wondering this myself, hopefully someone can help us!
    I was on another board when this happened, and I don't know the story behind this one, but there are others who have been here for a long time who do. Maybe one of them will happen along and tell it.