Page 49 of 302 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by livin life;3486907;
    Thought just crossed my mind,,,Have we seen Reid dressed in anything other than long pants? I don't remember any of him in pool,or shorts . We see everyone with their shirts off,not that I mind that ,but just thinking we really have only seen Reid totally covered. I think the sc of their "first kiss" after the JW date,,it looks like he is well built! Why would he be hidden here too,?
    Yeah. He wore shorts the first day there.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3484516;
    Thanks for your response and now that I think about it it was very telling. Jason mentioned her eyes often. That HTD especially meeting the family was weird. Chris talked about everything that was left out and how much fun they all had together. The picture was however more important for the edit as I see it now. You folks are teaching me a lot about this and it is fun. Thanks again.

The lack of Reid time thru episode 3 is similar to Molly - no 1 on 1 till episode 4 for her. Reid made more contact than we are being shown so far according to SC's. He really is the invisible man so far. Good catch (Mike' line) about not seeing her ask how he got there. Does that tell us something?
    By the way from a man's perspective what I saw (prior to finding FORT) with Melissa was talk some then run out of things to talk about so make out. To some I guess that = chemistry but I'd be hopeing for more. That's what we were shown in the edit if you didn't know who F1 was going to be. However with Molly they showed us an ever building strong relationship (slower at progressing but stronger) with plenty to talk about and enjoy together typical F2 edit I think. No wonder they pick the wrong one so often and it never works out.
    It is so re-assuring to hear a man's point of view when it has to deal with relationships. Too many young women think that all that making out is a good sign. I often wonder if men are hesitant to make a move on someone in whom they have long-term interest. I think that perhaps they don't want to risk rejection so they pace themselves until they are sure that their advances would be welcomed. From observing the dating habits of my sons and their friends, I noticed that initially they are in awe of a woman who can make them doubt their own desirability......who can make them giddy with anticipation. They proceed with caution, not wanting to be shot down. However, once the connection has been established, they revert to their normal state of inattentiveness. It's sad that the high one feels in the early stages can't be sustained.......hence the urge to recapture that feeling over and over for too many.....women and men.

Laughter is vastly under-rated in a relationship. It releases endorphins and that strengthens bonds. Common interests... mutual respect....physical attraction....the ability to open up and reveal thoughts with full knowledge that no two people can be in agreement on every single issue....can give a relationship longevity but, as often as not, what appears to be the perfect match is broken by a weak link.

When I was in college there was an axiom that cynically dealt with a variety of situations.........What is viewed as morality is too often the lack of opportunity.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3484614;
    To the average viewer, Reid just looks like another one she has talked to, kissed, and encouraged. Yes, we have seen PIs or him, but we have seen PIs of other people as well.

We have picked all of this to pieces, but when you consider that Reid is in the F3, and we are hearing from many people that Reid is hardly on the radar of the average viewer who just tunes in on Monday night to watch going into episode 4, then Reid is what could become a "hidden" or stealth F1.
    We don't know for sure that Reid is in the f3. There's plenty of time for him to jump out as a frontrunner but not indication yet if that will happen.

I do think he's been shown as being negative about a couple of the guys, Wes and David. That doesn't rule him or Ed out for f1 though. F1's aren't always edited to be perfect.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3474040;
    I think it's a crapshoot regardless if the guys were chosen with Melissa or Jillian in mind. What a person(s) may think is a match for another person is purely subjective. If they were chosen for Melissa, it was done geographically and for her love of baseball (Mike). Hardly would make any of them actually compatible with her (or Jilian).
    I thought they are psychologically screened. I'd imagine it would be at least partially for personality.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3486832;
    Good observations - I agree - can't wait to see how it all plays out - wish it was without Wes though. I've seen brief clips of Kip where he's being supportive to the other guys but they never show what he has to say other than when he told TannerToes to be himself - which goes along with his "keeping it real" storyline. He even patted David on the back after he drunkenly received his rose (or maybe he was holding him up at the producers' request ). Adore him but I wonder if his keeping it real means that in real life he is very slow to commit - can't wait to learn his flaw.

Reid seems to be the most into Jillian to me even though we haven't seen a lot of time together. His commentary suggests the vulnerability/anxiety that someone has when they first are starting to really like someone but aren't sure how it's all going to play out. Also, I can see him emerge as this season's PI play by play guy given that's he's witty, articulate and observant.

Ed's more of the mystery. His M&G talk was great and their date had the genuine nervousness of a good first date but his antics with the fellows and some of his PIs suggest a little arrogance or something to me. Maybe he was just feeling it because he moved into the mansion. I think his I hate the guys talk with her is this week because his suit/shirt matches. This conversation will be revealing.
    I agree with those that say Kip is withdrawn. You can keep it real whilst still making an effort.

I wanted to ask though.. is there video when Ed says he hates the guys? So far the only negative thing I've heard Ed says about the situation is when he says he can't be there comfortably anymore.. and that was just VO.

While thinking about all of David's anger issues and how the editing is going for him some parallels came to mind. You know how the girls in the Bachelor do PIs and one girl will say about the other "If he is interested in her then he's not right for me". With the men the edit is anger for David. BTW I'm not aware of any man code that's why all the guys look at him with their heads tilted like little puppies that don't understand except maybe Robby who told Juan he agreed with Dave. Juan finds his own space and avoids confrontation (wisely). Tanner and Ed might spy on Wes because they see it as disgusting. Each of them is dealing with the fear of rejection in their own way. Some are more confident than others. We haven't seen yet how they all deal with this but believe me it's on all their minds. Reid says if he (Ed) gets into the house and can spend time with her, he's a good guy, that's a threat. There will be fewer rivals soon so stacking yourself up against the competition is easier. The longer a rival you don't like or don't understand stays the less confident you become. It's a lot of stress and pressure so expect all to make more mistakes and have things caught on camera. Soon all the producer agendas will be fulfilled and only Jilli calls the shots. CH was right to twitter the show starts now.

On the Sluthing only thread there is a female friend of Dave's who's posted that he is a sweetheart who will stand up for what he believes in and very confident. When he returned he warned her that TPTB had hinted to him that his edit might be a little agressive (understatement). The poster can't believe it's the same man.

Do you see the same reaction to this franchises' shows I do at work? No one there knows that I'm doing this so our discussions are like always around the water cooler. The men love the hot women and enjoy seeing the rejection - laugh about the limo interviews ala Molly's Dad 'don't cry'. The women on the other hand are more nuturing always looking for the romance - like in a novel you know the one with the guy on the cover with his shirt open revealing the 6 pack abs. They seem to want their favorite or one they know is the winner (game show mentality) to win while not really seeing what's happening to others who may come on in the end -Reid maybe. The early shows we are all looking for the crazys and all want romance in the end. This is much like American Idol in that respect. There are way more men watching this show than would admit. Most of them share it with their wives. TPTB know all this and have a lot of different audiences to please, therefore this show has evolved to a representation of our POP Culture trend not really a show with legit romance or just barely reality TV. Expect more of this and you will never be disapointed.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3487889;
    While thinking about all of David's anger issues and how the editing is going for him some parallels came to mind. You know how the girls in the Bachelor do PIs and one girl will say about the other "If he is interested in her then he's not right for me". With the men the edit is anger for David. BTW I'm not aware of any man code that's why all the guys look at him with their heads tilted like little puppies that don't understand except maybe Robby who told Juan he agreed with Dave. Juan finds his own space and avoids confrontation (wisely). Tanner and Ed might spy on Wes because they see it as disgusting. Each of them is dealing with the fear of rejection in their own way. Some are more confident than others. We haven't seen yet how they all deal with this but believe me it's on all their minds. Reid says if he (Ed) gets into the house and can spend time with her, he's a good guy, that's a threat. There will be fewer rivals soon so stacking yourself up against the competition is easier. The longer a rival you don't like or don't understand stays the less confident you become. It's a lot of stress and pressure so expect all to make more mistakes and have things caught on camera. Soon all the producer agendas will be fulfilled and only Jilli calls the shots. CH was right to twitter the show starts now.

On the Sluthing only thread there is a female friend of Dave's who's posted that he is a sweetheart who will stand up for what he believes in and very confident. When he returned he warned her that TPTB had hinted to him that his edit might be a little agressive (understatement). The poster can't believe it's the same man.

Do you see the same reaction to this franchises' shows I do at work? No one there knows that I'm doing this so our discussions are like always around the water cooler. The men love the hot women and enjoy seeing the rejection - laugh about the limo interviews ala Molly's Dad 'don't cry'. The women on the other hand are more nuturing always looking for the romance - like in a novel you know the one with the guy on the cover with his shirt open revealing the 6 pack abs. They seem to want their favorite or one they know is the winner (game show mentality) to win while not really seeing what's happening to others who may come on in the end -Reid maybe. The early shows we are all looking for the crazys and all want romance in the end. This is much like American Idol in that respect. There are way more men watching this show than would admit. Most of them share it with their wives. TPTB know all this and have a lot of different audiences to please, therefore this show has evolved to a representation of our POP Culture trend not really a show with legit romance or just barely reality TV. Expect more of this and you will never be disapointed.
    Well said, eowenc! At the end of the day, this is a TV show after all, and I am one of those people who still get jaded and hope to see a love story, but I always have to bang my head once in a while and put in the back of my mind that what we see is not exactly how the REAL story came about, but a "manufactured" story that is almost a 100% producer-driven. The "reality" persona may be giving the "inputs" to the story, but it is eventually the producers who splice and dice and mix up all these inputs to come up with a final product that they think would be interesting/dramatic/action-packed/(add adjective here) to majority of the TV viewers. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3487889;
    BTW I'm not aware of any man code that's why all the guys look at him with their heads tilted like little puppies that don't understand except maybe Robby who told Juan he agreed with Dave.

Man Code..........Bros before Hos

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

My take on Dave is that he's acting like a gay-bashing homophobe. His "man-code" talk is code for Juan isn't acting like a "real man" (AKA among guys like Dave "He's gay" ).

Think about it. In what other context do Neanderthal's like Dave talk about tying someone up to a tree and beating the crap out of them? If he thought Juan was a "man code" kind of guy, he'd be talking about duking it out with him, but he's not.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

What is Jake's edit? He had that great first date with her and then after that, he doesn't seem to be going out of his way to get her alone. Why?