Page 301 of 302 FirstFirst ... 201251291292293294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3020

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fanatic

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn91;3617863;
    Although I don't have the answers to all of your questions, I have been posting a theory the last couple days that may address some of your points:

- sweep me off my feet proprosal (Ed's proposal before the FRC - on the LCD perhaps? If not, definitely before the FRC. Remember her saying that she woke up the morning of the FRC and saying she knew she was going to be an engaged woman by the end of the day.)

- surprise confession (Reid confesses his feeling)

- FRC drama per Jillian= happy, sad, intense, happy (happy = Ed proposes before FRC, sad = having to let Kiptyn go, dramatic = Reid coming back and turning him down, happy = accepting Ed's proposal)

- per CH, this final up there with Trista/Ryan (Ed and Jillian are very happy, still together and Jillian is planning on moving to Chicago)

I am pretty sure that's what happens.

Appreciate the feedback!....what you've laid out above could be.....but it's still not adding up for me??

Fleiss & Co. have talked up all this drama, and this scenario is pretty tame and NOT a Trista/Ryan ending as CH has suggested - sorry....a Jillian/Ed connection IMO just doesn't compare...especially after that Ed edit in Maui

I'm still in the camp with some others on this board......something not adding up....are we all being Fleissed??

I'm just going to sit back & watch everything unfold as hopefully all the pieces fall into place.

After all....Jillian did promise us that "it will all make sense in the end"....didn't she?
    Last edited by Jano; 07-27-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn91;3617863;
    Although I don't have the answers to all of your questions, I have been posting a theory the last couple days that may address some of your points:

- sweep me off my feet proprosal (Ed's proposal before the FRC - on the LCD perhaps? If not, definitely before the FRC. Remember her saying that she woke up the morning of the FRC and saying she knew she was going to be an engaged woman by the end of the day.)

- surprise confession (Reid confesses his feeling)

- FRC drama per Jillian= happy, sad, intense, happy (happy = Ed proposes before FRC, sad = having to let Kiptyn go, dramatic = Reid coming back and turning him down, happy = accepting Ed's proposal)

- per CH, this final up there with Trista/Ryan (Ed and Jillian are very happy, still together and Jillian is planning on moving to Chicago)

I am pretty sure that's what happens.
    You may be right, but the problem is this ending only lives up to its billing for fervent Ed supporters, which TPTB have done a good job of reducing in number over the last 2 weeks. Everyone else will hate it and will be left cold and/or outraged. Maybe they just don't care anymore.

I have a question....Did Jillian give PI's (that we were shown) about her first kisses with Ed and/or Kiptyn? I specifically recall a Jillian voiceover talking about her first kiss with Reid as we were seeing them kiss onscreen but I don't think we ever really see her saying it so she could have talked about it weeks/months later and it was put in there. Why is that? Why would they highlight her first kiss with Reid? It really makes no sense unless he is the winner.

Granted I remember Reid's parts better from watching them a lot so maybe they did include the same type of thing with Ed and Kip and I'm just not recalling it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3617924;
    Appreciate the feedback!....what you've laid out above could be.....but it's still not adding up for me??

Fleiss & Co. have talked up all this drama, and this scenario IMP is pretty tame and NOT a Trista/Ryan ending as CH has suggested - sorry....a Jillian/Ed connection IMO just doesn't compare...especially after that Ed edit in Maui

I'm still in the camp with other on the board......something not adding up....are we all being Fleissed??

I'm just going to sit back & watch everything unfold as hopefully all the pieces fall into place. After all....Jillian did promise us "it will all make sense in the end"....didn't she?
    Those are good points, and I agree that it's possible that he pulled the wool over our eyes with showing the people at the ATFR taping something different. But from what I've heard (reliable source), the scenario I mentioned is what was shown to the people attending the taping.

In terms of a Jillian/Ed connection, a fair amount of viewers (ones who aren't part of the boards), do see a connection with Jillian and Ed. When they've watched it without the benefit of analyzing body language, eye contact or hearing the rumors, I think there are those that see a strong connection. Does everyone see it? Not at all, but I think we would be surprised how many people do see a connection. This message board has definitely been pro-Reid and from what I've observed, those that support Ed have felt a bit intimated to speak out in support of him, so that's skewed some perceptions. (I'm not trying to offend anyone... smile... so please don't get upset. Just saying what I've seen... and in all fairness, I've been hanging out in the Media Spoiler and Thoughts & Comments threads, so I'm not sure if it's been the same in the Edit Analysis thread).

Also, the definition of 'drama' on the message boards might be different than 'drama' to the average viewer. Most people haven't read the articles or watched Jillian's interviews. Or maybe they have seen 1 or 2, but haven't seen what we've seen. So, to have Ed propose early (which I don't believe has been done before) but have to wait until the end to find out what Jillian's decision will be may be suspenseful to the average future and add an element of drama throughout the show. Also, don't forget... Fleiss (via Chris) always say this is the most dramatic rose ceremony ever... so he has a different definition of drama than most people.

Those are just some thoughts I have... and like I said, I don't mean in any way to offend anyone. Just offering up some ideas to talk about.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3617962;
    You may be right, but the problem is this ending only lives up to its billing for fervent Ed supporters, which TPTB have done a good job of reducing in number over the last 2 weeks. Everyone else will hate it and will be left cold and/or outraged. Maybe they just don't care anymore.
    True, and that may be the case. I addressed some more points in my last post (right before this message), but I will add that sometimes you are only as good as your last show. If they give Ed a great edit, and a lot of positive/romantic interaction between him and Jillian, some people might say "Ohhh... I've missed this whole interaction and I see it now."

I know that I didn't see the connection between Jesse and Deanna until the end. Now, like you said, they have given Ed a bad edit these last 2 shows (mostly the last show) so the number of Ed supporters has dropped, but the producers may be able to salvage it with a really positive edit of Ed, and showing some intimate moments with Ed, tonight.

P.S. I'm not at all saying that Fleiss couldn't have fooled us...he may have pulled a switcheroo of some sort (not sure how, but it's ALWAYS possible with him). He has certainly gotten better at hiding the ending and keeping a tight rein on information. I'm just presenting some supporting ideas if the ending is the one we've heard about.
    Last edited by kathryn91; 07-27-2009 at 06:42 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3617992;
    I have a question....Did Jillian give PI's (that we were shown) about her first kisses with Ed and/or Kiptyn? I specifically recall a Jillian voiceover talking about her first kiss with Reid as we were seeing them kiss onscreen but I don't think we ever really see her saying it so she could have talked about it weeks/months later and it was put in there. Why is that? Why would they highlight her first kiss with Reid? It really makes no sense unless he is the winner.

Granted I remember Reid's parts better from watching them a lot so maybe they did include the same type of thing with Ed and Kip and I'm just not recalling it.
    Can't remember when she first kissed Kiptyn, but in episode #2 she said "There's something about Kiptyn that I totally lose myself when I'm with him. I forget what we're talking about and, in fact, I don't even really care. I just want to make out with him."

With Ed she said she lost her train of thought after kissing him... but didn't comment on their pool scene.

Reid's did stand out from the rest... "It was slow. It was soft. It was so romantic. It was perfect."

This is one of many reasons I'm hoping for a big surprise tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn91;3617993;
    .... So, to have Ed propose early (which I don't believe has been done before) but have to wait until the end to find out what Jillian's decision will be may be suspenseful to the average future and add an element of drama throughout the show. Also, don't forget... Fleiss (via Chris) always say this is the most dramatic rose ceremony ever... so he has a different definition of drama than most people.

Those are just some thoughts I have... and like I said, I don't mean in any way to offend anyone. Just offering up some ideas to talk about.
    What's really interesting about the bolded part is that during Deanna's Season, Jesse wanted to propose early but tptb would not let him do so.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3618105;
    Can't remember when she first kissed Kiptyn, but in episode #2 she said "There's something about Kiptyn that I totally lose myself when I'm with him. I forget what we're talking about and, in fact, I don't even really care. I just want to make out with him."

With Ed she said she lost her train of thought after kissing him... but didn't comment on their pool scene.

Reid's did stand out from the rest... "It was slow. It was soft. It was so romantic. It was perfect."

Brace yourself JBFan! It is sad how Fleiss led us down a romantic road and then destroyed the whole story in the end. Now we get a fake ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3618105;

I remember the Kiptyn one but it was totally different than what the Reid thing was. The Reid one was specific to that one first kiss but the Kiptyn one was just in general.

I'm gonna go on the record and call her BS on the Ed date where she "lost her train of thought." I don't think she ever was thinking of something to say at that moment and she filled the gap by saying "hmm, I totally lost what I was gonna say." (JMO, and it wasn't meant in any negative way whatsoever just my interpretation of what happened)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3617924;

Fleiss & Co. have talked up all this drama, and this scenario is pretty tame and NOT a Trista/Ryan ending as CH has suggested - sorry....a Jillian/Ed connection IMO just doesn't compare...especially after that Ed edit in Maui

I'm still in the camp with some others on this board......something not adding up....are we all being Fleissed??

I'm just going to sit back & watch everything unfold as hopefully all the pieces fall into place.

After all....Jillian did promise us that "it will all make sense in the end"....didn't she?

On the Good Morning America interview today, Jillian said that we would know at the end of tonight who she picked. That at least (hopefully) ends the speculation about it being a cliffhanger.