Page 298 of 302 FirstFirst ... 198248288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3020

Thread: Edit Analysis

  1. #2971
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3615732;
    Agree... lots of visual and audio manipulation, just as in commercials. Also, voice overs are easily chopped and diced. Personal interviews "time travel" a lot. Body language is always important; Ed and Jillian often look uncomfortable together, but that could just be stage fright or hiding their lust from the cameras? Maybe the reason Ed had trouble looking at her is not due to the reasons we think.

    I haven't stayed focused on just one character on this show, but I am guilty for sometimes viewing one's scenes (i.e. Reid) more often than others. I do have a good understanding of Kiptyn.

    Again, we'll wait until tomorrow night... see how it all pans out. Earlier in the season, there was an Amazing Race date involving Wes' dinner date. Maybe the ending will be like AR, with Reid failing to come back in time or Ed "stepping it up a notch" as he says and winning her heart? I don't know... too burnt this weekend to analyze anymore.

    She pretty much said in her interview with People.com that when Ed came back, it wasn't as much fun.

  2. #2972
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3615747;
    She pretty much said in her interview with People.com that when Ed came back, it wasn't as much fun.
    And Reid's only problem, AGAIN, was that he couldn't commit. I hate this show so much right now.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  3. #2973
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3615732;
    Agree... lots of visual and audio manipulation, just as in commercials. Also, voice overs are easily chopped and diced. Personal interviews "time travel" a lot. Body language is always important; Ed and Jillian often look uncomfortable together, but that could just be stage fright or hiding their lust from the cameras? Maybe the reason Ed had trouble looking at her is not due to the reasons we think.

    I haven't stayed focused on just one character on this show, but I am guilty for sometimes viewing one's scenes (i.e. Reid) more often than others. I do have a good understanding of Kiptyn.

    Again, we'll wait until tomorrow night... see how it all pans out. Earlier in the season, there was an Amazing Race date involving Wes' dinner date. Maybe the ending will be like AR, with Reid failing to come back in time or Ed "stepping it up a notch" as he says and winning her heart? I don't know... too burnt this weekend to analyze anymore.
    IMO, body language can be deceiving on this show because of the extreme stress of the situation. If your feelings aren't as involved or not as intense you tend to be more relaxed. Some are more bothered by cameras than others. Some are feeling judged on what they say and do, and some are provided a more nurturing atmosphere.

    As far as Ed not looking her in the eyes...he does for emphasis but looks away when thinking. Jillian does it with him as well and not with others. Intensity of feeling and lack of trust (after he came back) probably played into that. You may see a difference when they are seen together after he is chosen and accepts.

  4. #2974
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3615758;
    IMO, body language can be deceiving on this show because of the extreme stress of the situation. If your feelings aren't as involved or not as intense you tend to be more relaxed. Some are more bothered by cameras than others. Some are feeling judged on what they say and do, and some are provided a more nurturing atmosphere.

    As far as Ed not looking her in the eyes...he does for emphasis but looks away when thinking. Jillian does it with him as well and not with others. Intensity of feeling and lack of trust (after he came back) probably played into that. You may see a difference when they are seen together after he is chosen and accepts.
    This is what I'm imagining of them together at ATFR. Jill acting like she's high on something with the squealing and laughing and giggling trying to climb all over a serious, stoic Ed. Maybe it'll be different but that's what I'm seeing.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  5. #2975
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3615757;
    And Reid's only problem, AGAIN, was that he couldn't commit. I hate this show so much right now.
    Me too. It's totally frustrating.

    I wish I was a reporter. They either never follow-up or focus on themselves too much and not the readers.

  6. #2976
    FORT Fogey deidre1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3615768;
    Me too. It's totally frustrating.

    I wish I was a reporter. They either never follow-up or focus on themselves too much and not the readers.
    No joke. I really, really, really hope Reid says NO to the next bachelor.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

  7. #2977
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3615757;
    And Reid's only problem, AGAIN, was that he couldn't commit. I hate this show so much right now.
    Why don't we just watch it tomorrow with something strong to drink. We can laugh at the parts that don't make any sense.

    I still have this weird feeling that TPTB are still toying with us and the ending will NOT be what a lot of us are expecting... Everything that has been posted since Friday has had so little in common with a lot that came before it. Just need to get this show over with once and for all.

  8. #2978
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3615787;
    Why don't we just watch it tomorrow with something strong to drink. We can laugh at the parts that don't make any sense.

    I still have this weird feeling that TPTB are still toying with us and the ending will NOT be what a lot of us are expecting... Everything that has been posted since Friday has had so little in common with a lot that came before it. Just need to get this show over with once and for all.
    The thing is, they probably don't care at this point. There are not enough boardies to make a dent in their ratings and it's too late for the mainstream media to let the cat out of the bag.

    I'm only saying this because I would love for nothing more than Reid to win but I know we need to stop clutching on straws to believe he wins. Ed does.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #2979
    FORT Fanatic victoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    among 7 Heismans
    Posts
    462

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3615639;
    Wait until tomorrow night. Nobody is 100% certain of the outcome. I'm OK if the overall prediction on this forum is correct. However, I will probably not attempt to do any "edit analysis" again, since ALL RULES were thrown out the window this season. Sticking to "Survivor" and other shows next season.
    Yeah, I'm waiting for tomorrow night, too, to be 100% (instead of 99.9%) certain. This sleuthing business can be hell, eh?

    One other thing...IMO, the editing rules were true to the past this season. Logistical rules (vis-a-vis producing the show) were tossed out the window, but not the editing rules.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

  10. #2980
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    406

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3615787;
    Why don't we just watch it tomorrow with something strong to drink. We can laugh at the parts that don't make any sense.

    I still have this weird feeling that TPTB are still toying with us and the ending will NOT be what a lot of us are expecting... Everything that has been posted since Friday has had so little in common with a lot that came before it. Just need to get this show over with once and for all.
    JBF - I'm with you this.....something is not adding up here. Seems like TPTB have being editing on the fly.....there hasn't been a great consistency in the weekly previews....appears to be very fluid in Fless land..

    Here's some of what we've been told:

    - "twist" at the last 5 minutes
    - sweep me of my feet proprosal
    - surprise confession
    - FRC drama per Jillian= happy, sad, intense, happy
    - per Jillian, audience is going to say "Poor Jillian" during FRC day
    - per CH, this final up there with Trista/Ryan (really CH?)

    How will this all add to what sounds like a pretty mundane ending based on what we've heard from the ATRC leaks?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.