Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Jillian had to work hard at getting Reid to tell her what he felt for her.

I don't think anyone would argue with this. But somehow we all saw what was a pretty good semblance of genuine affection from Reid towards Jillian.
    I understand editing etc etc.... but the great moments we saw were, imho, really great. Unless my definition of romance is off the wall....?

I just don't get it. Sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3613117;

I don't think anyone would argue with this. But somehow we all saw what was a pretty good semblance of genuine affection from Reid towards Jillian.
    I understand editing etc etc.... but the great moments we saw were, imho, really great. Unless my definition of romance is off the wall....?

IMO, Jillian was extremely comfortable with Reid. She said it herself. When she isn't in love with someone she can relax more and be herself...which in turn makes them love her. So, the Jill everyone loved with Jason was with Reid, and in turn she made interactions with him cute because she was able to tease and laugh with him.

With someone she is attracted too she is more nervous excitement. Wants to impress them. Gets somewhat shyer. You can see that. What separated Kip for Ed, for me, even though they both got that hypersensitive Jill were the conversations they showed with Ed that proved they had spent much time getting to know each other. The chemistry was there but so was the shared experiences, likes and dislikes and family information.

Another Fliess staple to watch for that could be misleading. When she is in a PI, they could ask her all kind of questions to get the answer they seek. Unless you see a name during a whole sentence come out of her mouth you have no idea if you are seeing the truth or being lead.

the falling in love statement during Reid's fantasy suite date could have been talking about any of the three guys.
    "The romance wasn't there"...again, it could be anyone although pretty sure that was ED based on the rest of the face to face conversations.

The barely audible or imagined "i love you" during the Reid goodbye could have been planted there to fuel the masses for his return.

The guy is tricky, and while I'm sure he'd love another success story to trot out now and again, all he really wants is for fans of all three guys to keep tuning in.

ITA... being a sort of slow person myself when it come to voicing feelings, I totally felt for Reid in that department, especially given how early it was in their relationship. In REAL life the pace he was taking things is actually very normal. But the way he interacted with her, their kisses, and just little things like him kissing her shoulder showed me that he really adored her and cared about her.

And things Jillian had to say like "I love the person I am with him" and "When you can't stop staring at each other, and you just want to smile and kiss each other I think thats love". I mean I know maybe she's asked questions, but the things she was saying just seemed so genuine. And it was a lot of the things I remember thinking about my husband when we first met... yes yes I know Fleissed again

I truely hope she is happy, and that the GFgate story has been exaggerated or misconstrued, but based on what I saw on my TV, I just don't get her picking Ed...

Jillian has said she's comfortable with Ed too, in fact her best memory of Ed on the show is 'feeling safe with him' in the interview with some magazine. For crying out loud, she described Kiptyn and sexy, Reid as wickedly funny (something that's a turn on for her) and said that Ed balances work and home well to friends!

FORT Fogey

I'm not convinced she had to work any harder with Reid than the other guys. It just so happens that's what we saw on camera. Actually, I thought Reid was pretty clear in where he was at. How many times did he need to say it? I like you, but I don't love you yet. An honest answer. If he came back to be further humiliated I feel bad for him, but, on the other hand, if he let himself be manipulated, he's not the man I would want to be committed to if I were her. I suspect Ed was manipulated and browbeaten too. With Kip, it's hard to say. It seemed to me that he wasn't anymore ready than Reid was.

Reality Escape

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3611910;
    Not to mention that though Fliess tries to change up the storyline, his basic forumla is the same. Many final 3 fans have been fooled. If you have to justify your favorite winning by finding clues, and talking endlessly about the "hidden" great passion then your person probably isn't winning.

F1 filled with conflicts
    F2 filled with great passion
    F3 filled with innuendo that suggests there is more than there is

It's the only way they keep the suspense going through the whole season.
    The edit is so clear listing it like that - I even wrote a few times during the season I was cautious that Reid might be like Amanda - show creating more than there was. We alll should have kept remembering the interview where she referred to "Chicago .. I can't wait". I let Jillian's interviews and VOs get in the way of watching the edit but that was one line that was really hard to refute. I so hoped she was sincere when she said "I like myself best when I'm with Reid" and that would have been more than an Amanda edit.

I want to repost what I originally posted in the FINALE thread since it's more about editing. I really do think the OT: gezmut thread on the alphabet board has some very good insight into the Fleiss edit. He's very repetitive, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3614285;
    Funny how things work out in the end.
    Earlier in the season I compared Jason's FD's with Jillian's FD's and that is exactly how it ended working out.

Jason's F3 was Jillian--they did a helicopter ride to the Ledge in NZ =Jillian's helicopter ride with Reid her F3 to Hana.

Jason's F2 with Molly--they had the adventure date(the adrenaline rush) bungee= Jillian's adventure zipline/climbing date with her F2 Kip.

Jason's F1 with Melissa a boat/water date= Jillian's F1 with Ed on the water.

Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3614768;
    No, not after reading the OT: gezmut thread on the alphabet board. On the first page of that thread gezmut pointed out that Fleiss likes to do things two seasons in a row. He tests the reaction the first time and gets away with it a second time.

I highly recommend reading the OT: gezmut thread on the alpha board, it's very enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3614860;
    I want to repost what I originally posted in the FINALE thread since it's more about editing. I really do think the OT: gezmut thread on the alphabet board has some very good insight into the Fleiss edit. He's very repetitive, to say the least.
    I agree he has good insight into the edit but some of the things are just off the wall. He calls Jillian ugly and nasty looking and claims she can't get men. And is just so down on her about everything. Reading that thread always leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3614875;
    I agree he has good insight into the edit but some of the things are just off the wall. He calls Jillian ugly and nasty looking and claims she can't get men. And is just so down on her about everything. Reading that thread always leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.
    I agree, he does make crass comments about Jillian, also about Reid.

But I just ignored the bad and enjoyed the good. I guess I'm jealous and wish I could read the edit as easily as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3614121;
    Jillian has said she's comfortable with Ed too, in fact her best memory of Ed on the show is 'feeling safe with him' in the interview with some magazine. For crying out loud, she described Kiptyn and sexy, Reid as wickedly funny (something that's a turn on for her) and said that Ed balances work and home well to friends!
    But to me you feel safe with your dad, you have fun and laugh with your soulmate