Thread: Edit Analysis

The unveiling of the Invisible Bachelor

I spent almost all my time in this thread early in the season and adored all your posts. On June 8th I posted about the Mancow interview with Jillian probably in the Ed Spoiler thread. I really thought then he would be F1 but continued reading every thing in this thread. I haven't posted here in three weeks to a month. I even stopped reading posts when I thought that it had become creative writing not so much sleuthing, finding spoilers and analysis of the edit.

I've spent most of the last week in the 'who will get the final rose' and non spoiler Ed threads. There are a lot of old pros and newbies making very good cases why she chose or will choose the one and only new and improved only a little nerdy but always fun invisible bachelor ED. They stick to what we are shown in the show and public interviews to build the case which is done here as well. It's not so much your feelings but based on facts and logic.

Jack Benny Fan wrote a long post this week that just about had me changing my mind to Reid. That was really impressive. But many others have done great work here as well. Thank you. You all have made the season for me.

Re: Edit Analysis

[QUOTE=Bloomers;3611302;]Fleissed, spliced, and diced, huh? He's a tricky , isn't he! QUOTE]

Hahahaha, yeah I guess I was. I have been watching this show on and off for awhile so I should have known...

So for my future reference does Fleiss always make the F3 look better than the F1? Like is there a pattern to it?

And also, i know this might sound nieve and silly of me, but why do you think he does it? If most viewers watch the show for the love story not the drama (like me), wouldn't allowing the F1's better qualities shine through a little more be better for ratings? I mean surely if Ed was her F1 they must have more sweet footage between those 2 than they showed right?

Just curious what your (or anyone's!) thoughts are on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3611378;
    The edit of this season I found to be spot on for classic tb. It was so simple and easy this season. From the editing anaylsis and sc's we were able to know that Ed was F1, though I do not have a source, nor inside knowledge, and not even in the us. some (not all) old timers got side tracked as in Melissa's season from posters who claimed to have a source when all the info was pointing to Molly as F1, Melissa as F2. As in Ed as F1 and Kip as F2.

F! always gets a 1 on 1 at the MG.
    F1 always gets one of the first 3-4 dates
    F1 is ambigous, we see them in every episode, but are not really the centre or focus.
    F2 is the focus of many sc's and episodes,
    F2 has sizzling chemistry with tb/ette
    F3 is girl/boy next door type.
    F3 is your best friend type
    F3 gets on amazingly well with tb/ette
    F3 is the one you want to love - sweet (quite inocent etc).

The list goes on. but, unless tptb change the format, this is the basic plot. Up until now, we get sidetracked from editing by suspect sources who may know irrelevant things and eveyone follows them taking their opionions as facts.

Enough ranting. It iis not Jillian's fault. Not even tptb. tptb just played for us. Followed our likes and dislikes and played up to it. Jillian, just wants to be happy. she may not get the perfect guy (which of us has the perfect guy?, but she wants to be with this one. We need to be happy for her.
    thanks for the heads up on the pattern... I'll know better from now on

[QUOTE=sunshine08;3612922;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3611302;
    Fleissed, spliced, and diced, huh? He's a tricky , isn't he! QUOTE]

Hahahaha, yeah I guess I was. I have been watching this show on and off for awhile so I should have known...

So for my future reference does Fleiss always make the F3 look better than the F1? Like is there a pattern to it?

And also, i know this might sound nieve and silly of me, but why do you think he does it? If most viewers watch the show for the love story not the drama (like me), wouldn't allowing the F1's better qualities shine through a little more be better for ratings? I mean surely if Ed was her F1 they must have more sweet footage between those 2 than they showed right?

I have no idea why Fleiss does things the way he does. I too would like to see a nicer edit of the F1. Perhaps he thinks there will be more talk over the water cooler this way. Perhaps he does it so that people will be hoping that their favourite will be chosen as the next lead and that will get them to tune in. Who knows - don't see him changing any time soon though.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3611459;
    I think I am angriest at Fleiss & Co ...although I know about the manipulation, prodding and backhand deals...I thought I saw something real with Reid & Jillina, real enough to give me hope that there would be something tangible and true through all the smoke screens...guess I was wrong shame on ME for allowing Fleiss to deceive me!

LOVE your avatar!! LOL!

[QUOTE=sunshine08;3612922;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3611302;
    Fleissed, spliced, and diced, huh? He's a tricky , isn't he! QUOTE]

I only want to answer one of your questions because it's the answer I actually know lol......The F3 is usually always shown in a very positive light. I don't know about always having a better edit than the F1 but their edit is usually so great that everyone adores the Final 3. =)

[QUOTE=just logic;3612958;]
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;3612922;

I have no idea why Fleiss does things the way he does. I too would like to see a nicer edit of the F1. Perhaps he thinks there will be more talk over the water cooler this way. Perhaps he does it so that people will be hoping that their favourite will be chosen as the next lead and that will get them to tune in. Who knows - don't see him changing any time soon though.
    I think he thinks outrage creates more buzz and buzz creates higher ratings. Sadly, it seems to have worked so far. Plus the added bonus of creating a beloved and broken-hearted future lead with a built-in audience.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3612969;

I think he thinks outrage creates more buzz and buzz creates higher ratings. Sadly, it seems to have worked so far. Plus the added bonus of creating a beloved and broken-hearted future lead with a built-in audience.
    Somone posted an article about Fleiss's newest show More to Love. I recommend reading it. If people actually think it's better than this series, they will see how it's really the same old thing. He was at his final 4 at this time and he visits their homes too...just like The Bachelor/Bachleorette.

You are right, it's about creating enough buzz for people to keep following.

I just so happen to think Jillian is also totally wrong about Michael being a good candidate for the Bachelor, because he yells too much.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3612015;
    I posted this is the media thread but I think that it belongs here instead:

It just hit me that for two seasons in a row, first DeAnna and now Jillian, that neither picked the person that they said:

-made them like the person they were when with them (Reid, Jason)

-the perfect guy with perfect abs (Kip, Jeremy)

Please add to the list as "kiss of death" clues for future viewing.
    I was sure that I was finished posting in this thread. It's always been my favorite. And that I would just read it all. But I have to respond to you StanleyCup Canes. First I have all season enjoyed your work but wonder if we watched the same show. I think we all misunderstood Jillian and her description of herself as a polished hick. I can't be critical of Jillian because she presented herself exactly as I expected. She simply was most comfortable with Ed. Then the question about the abs. On June 8th I posted in the Ed spoiler thread results of the Mancow radio interview with Jillian. When specifically asked how she felt about the men's abs with their shirts off. Jillian responded "Actually, I preffer my man a little softer now". That was a big clue. They were teasing the Chicago audience as well as Ed. Look forward to more of your posts.

FORT Fogey

I really think Jillian got the short end of the stick with this show. If Dave thought (or guessed) that Melissa was the next bachelorette, then others probably did too. That move set her up for failure from the get-go.

There are only two guys who I think truly fell for Jillian in a big way - the foot fettish guy and the sports camp owner. Others, e.g. Reid, might have seen her as a good date and someone they'd like to get to know, but it never felt like passion.

Then Jillian had to deal with Ed leaving and Wes's lies motives. I used to be a huge Ed fan, but I'm starting to believe all the negative media hype, and it would be par for the course for Jillian if he dumps her at the FRC (if I were her - or any of the bachelors who still wanted to be there but couldn't because of Ed - I'd be so pissed off at him that I could barely stand it).

In the past, haven't there been occassions where the people applying for the show know who the bachelor/bachelotte is in advance? Melissa and Jillian are night and day in terms of physical appearnce and personalities and it's just not fair to Jillian if people were expecting Melissa.

Jillian has been extremely classy in how she is handling the media. I hope she can keep her head up through all this.

These guys are true boobs for not recongizing just how cool she is.