Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3611145;
    Well so much for actual edit this season. No wonder it was the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. A little good, a lot of bad and no doubt Ugly.

We might as well not even analyze edit next season...it's complete rubbish.
    I know! I wasn't a Reid fan from the beginning but the last two or three episodes seemed to point to Reid being F1.

When Jeremy came back on Deanna's season, it seemed obvious to me that she wasn't going to take him back. But on this season, the editing, the goodbye on the bench, Reid's departure in the limo seemed to point to Reid...

blah! TPTB have made me never watch again!

Well so much for actual edit this season. No wonder it was the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. A little good, a lot of bad and no doubt Ugly.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... lets for once do our best to support the bachelorette even though we might not approve of her choice. I hope they are happy and that their love will last like their parents..

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3611213;
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... lets for once do our best to support the bachelorette even though we might not approve of her choice. I hope they are happy and that their love will last like their parents..
    I hope they are happy too. I was in no way criticizing Jillian, just the producers, and the edit.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;3611195;
    I know! I wasn't a Reid fan from the beginning but the last two or three episodes seemed to point to Reid being F1.

When Jeremy came back on Deanna's season, it seemed obvious to me that she wasn't going to take him back. But on this season, the editing, the goodbye on the bench, Reid's departure in the limo seemed to point to Reid...

blah! TPTB have made me never watch again!
    Fleissed, spliced, and diced, huh? He's a tricky , isn't he!

If you got taken in, join the crowd because you are in with a long list of even the very best old timers on this board including myself who have been seduced at one time or the other. Even though I knew from the stats that Ed was F1, I suspected Fleiss was going for the shocking ending which would have been for Reid to pull the rug out from under the 2 who had been on the parents' meetings and LCDs. He seems to want to top each previous season with a more shocking dramatic ending.

Regardless of the pictures and what looked like the perfect compatibility ( oh! those wonderful F3s), here is what I kept saying was the problem:

1. Timing - We didn't see that 1-1 interaction at the Meet and Greet. Now we didn't see it with Melissa either, but we saw an immediate 1-1 date and that first edited question to be resolved on the very second episode.

2. It has come to our attention that the lead sits down with the producers and works out the dates. In the last few seasons, the top contenders get those early 1-1 dates. When Reid didn't get one until the 6th episode, I went into high suspicion mode. What I do think happened is that with the preview we saw and that extremely early date, Jake was originally supposed to perhaps be F3. He got the same concert date at the same time that Jillian did; however, I don't think they personally geehawed - or maybe she didn't geehaw with him?

When that happened, Reid entered the picture in Jake's place.
    Because he didn't get one of those early dates, I think she simply didn't request it. I do think she "warmed" up to him, and I do think she came to care an awfully lot about him, but she had to work awfully hard for it.

From the edit, I don't think Reid was one of the top contenders from the start.

What is coming out from CH is that Reid requested to go back and try again for Jillian. I myself thought that was producer generated or scripted.

When I look back at this in retrospect, Reid's edit in many ways reminds me of Amanda's on Matt's season:

Remember that we loved the warm, humorous, quirky (meeps!!) Amanda.

1. We saw all kinds of screencaps where she and Matt were sitting besides each other having 1-1 time.
    2. We saw him seek her out for 1-1 conversation.
    3. They got on like a house on fire. They shared an awesome sense of humor.
    4. They had that wonderful 50s date.
    5. She got a tremendous edit which made us fall in love with her.
    6. Finally....watch this one!!!!! Floating around here somewhere is a screencap of Amanda ( that we never saw in the actual edit) where she is dancing on the beach on her fantasy date very much like the segment of Reid dancing the hula on his fantasy date.

One other thing....I want to give a shoutout to Jack Benny who did an awesome, incredible analysis job. This is a tribute to your skills.

Jillian didn't have to work hard for falling for Reid at all! I don't believe that for one second.

FORT Fogey

The edit of this season I found to be spot on for classic tb. It was so simple and easy this season. From the editing anaylsis and sc's we were able to know that Ed was F1, though I do not have a source, nor inside knowledge, and not even in the us. some (not all) old timers got side tracked as in Melissa's season from posters who claimed to have a source when all the info was pointing to Molly as F1, Melissa as F2. As in Ed as F1 and Kip as F2.

F! always gets a 1 on 1 at the MG.
    F1 always gets one of the first 3-4 dates
    F1 is ambigous, we see them in every episode, but are not really the centre or focus.
    F2 is the focus of many sc's and episodes,
    F2 has sizzling chemistry with tb/ette
    F3 is girl/boy next door type.
    F3 is your best friend type
    F3 gets on amazingly well with tb/ette
    F3 is the one you want to love - sweet (quite inocent etc).

The list goes on. but, unless tptb change the format, this is the basic plot. Up until now, we get sidetracked from editing by suspect sources who may know irrelevant things and eveyone follows them taking their opionions as facts.

Enough ranting. It iis not Jillian's fault. Not even tptb. tptb just played for us. Followed our likes and dislikes and played up to it. Jillian, just wants to be happy. she may not get the perfect guy (which of us has the perfect guy?, but she wants to be with this one. We need to be happy for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3611378;
    The list goes on. but, unless tptb change the format, this is the basic plot. Up until now, we get sidetracked from editing by suspect sources who may know irrelevant things and eveyone follows them taking their opionions as facts.
    This has happened in the last three or four seasons. Deanna's season when the "insiders" and body language experts almost shamed people into not seeing/believing the obvious--she wanted Graham and picked Jesse.

Then last season, I'm not sure what happened or why Jason chose Melissa but it was clear from the start that he was most compatible with Molly.

Inside sources are great, but they are a double edged sword when it comes to disciphering/CSIing The Bachelor/bachelorette.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3611378;
    The edit of this season I found to be spot on for classic tb. It was so simple and easy this season. From the editing anaylsis and sc's we were able to know that Ed was F1, though I do not have a source, nor inside knowledge, and not even in the us. some (not all) old timers got side tracked as in Melissa's season from posters who claimed to have a source when all the info was pointing to Molly as F1, Melissa as F2. As in Ed as F1 and Kip as F2.

F! always gets a 1 on 1 at the MG.
    F1 always gets one of the first 3-4 dates
    F1 is ambigous, we see them in every episode, but are not really the centre or focus.
    F2 is the focus of many sc's and episodes,
    F2 has sizzling chemistry with tb/ette
    F3 is girl/boy next door type.
    F3 is your best friend type
    F3 gets on amazingly well with tb/ette
    F3 is the one you want to love - sweet (quite inocent etc).

Enough ranting. It iis not Jillian's fault. Not even tptb. tptb just played for us. Followed our likes and dislikes and played up to it. Jillian, just wants to be happy. she may not get the perfect guy (which of us has the perfect guy?, but she wants to be with this one. We need to be happy for her.
    Totally agree. And this season has been no different.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3611438;
    This has happened in the last three or four seasons. Deanna's season when the "insiders" and body language experts almost shamed people into not seeing/believing the obvious--she wanted Graham and picked Jesse.

Then last season, I'm not sure what happened or why Jason chose Melissa but it was clear from the start that he was most compatible with Molly.

Inside sources are great, but they are a double edged sword when it comes to disciphering/CSIing The Bachelor/bachelorette.
    I think I am angriest at Fleiss & Co ...although I know about the manipulation, prodding and backhand deals...I thought I saw something real with Reid & Jillina, real enough to give me hope that there would be something tangible and true through all the smoke screens...guess I was wrong shame on ME for allowing Fleiss to deceive me!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3611368;
    Jillian didn't have to work hard for falling for Reid at all! I don't believe that for one second.
    Jillian had to work hard at getting Reid to tell her what he felt for her. A lot of people argued extremely hard for Bettina F3 in Brad's season, and indeed in the Meet and Greet, I immediately saw the sexual chemistry between them. However, the one thing that I remember Brad saying about the gorgeous Bettina was, "Love shouldn't be so hard." What he was saying was that he shouldn't have to work so hard to get love, and that was what her edit was - he kept pulling and pulling trying to get something from her.

One thing to keep in mind is that out of all of the miles of film they shoot, they only picked out a miniscule portion of it to show us. We saw the very best shots that would indicate love between Jillian and Reid: the picture with the flower behind her ear where she is glancing up at him; where they are sitting in the white chair; where they are kissing in front of the fireplace. Out of all the things they talked about, we only hear the things which would make us think she would pick him: "I can see him at the altar", etc.
    Everything is carefully edited to make you think something that isn't so. The rest of it is left on the cutting room floor.

That is what happened with Molly last season. Evidently, Jason was really falling in love with Molly. All I saw was the physical, sexual part. They left the emotional connection on the cutting room floor because he chose Melissa for the FRC and the emotional connection with Molly wasn't important to that storyline.