Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3606241;
    Posting this here because it will get totally lost in the Thoughts and Comments thread...it does involve edit. I had an earlier post all written up about the actual editing clues but the site crashed and I forgot to copy it before I lost it. If I have time later tonight I will post it. I am thinking there might be a leak tomorrow so I wanted to get my thoughts out before that happens in case I am wrong or right.

Possible scenario: (EXTREMELY LONG AND RAMBLY - BEWARE and REID it if you like REID, if not then PASS )

I won't go over everything she said in her first interviews, I think most of us recall her mixed up statements as to how she came to her "decision", all decision(s) have been made...now she has an interview today where she says that she was falling in love with 3 guys but only "loved" one. The day of the F3 RC she is struggling with picking between 3 men she is falling for. At this point she is using her heart and her head...can she take a chance on Reid who won't admit his true feelings for her, does she go through the embarassment of bringing him to the F2 and him not reciprocating feelings, not proposing some sort of a future together, how will they work this out? She is confused (Reid's words). Reid's words don't match up to his actions (being loving) so ultimately she decides to let him go. Even on the bench she seems to want him to say something, anything that will make her decision make sense but he leaves it open-ended. Reid leaves. He gets in that limo and immediately knows he f***ed up (Reid's words). I don't think he thought she would let him go because he "showed" her how he felt but he never "said" it. The Bachelorette's "job" is to get the guy to admit his feelings for her. She failed. Reid failed. Big failure all around. His fears got in the way of the moment...hers led to letting him go.

Now she has to put on a brave face and continue on with 2 guys she is "falling in love" with. We all saw her try to put her brave face on at the toast after she let Reid go. She carries with 2 great guys that are showing her how they feel and are opening up to her. They are in it to win it now...but is she?

This is what I think may have happened...Jillian goes on her LCD dates, the guys show her lots of love and affection, they open up to her, she sees their interactions with her parents, she has the conversation with her dad about an engagement, love and marriage. During this process I think that it dawned on Jillian that she wasn't in love with either of her F2. (hence the disaster comment prior to Hawaii, TPTB couldn't get a handle on Jillian's feelings; either she was vague and stubborn with them or went against what they wanted, they didn't understand this, they didn't see a real love story because her cards were close to the vest so to speak and she wasn't co-operating by giving them a clear cut F1, F2, F3, F4) So basically the LCD's worked against Ed and Kiptyn instead of working for them...they got closer, went through the motions, had intimate moments but she realizes she wasn't in love with them and she wasn't going to accept a proposal from someone she wasn't truly in love with (convo with Dad, her own convictions based on interviews). So now what does she do?

Paraphrasing - I knew awhile before others (in the same situation before her) have what I needed to do (not who I needed to pick).

Meanwhile she is thinking about Reid and what she did, who knows maybe subconciously she "sabotaged" the LCD's...and she realizes she f***ed things up. Now this is the tricky part...whether she asked about him, she knew this was possible, she helped it happen or she was surprised by it, he does come back...and he will get the girl. I fully expect Jillian to reject both F2's or one will propose and she will reject him.

The way I can reconcile TPTB saying it wasn't a love story is because she didn't get an engagement out of this, she rejects both her F2...in their minds they are heading straight for another Brad ending so they **wink, wink** give Reid the heads up that maybe all is not lost after all...maybe he was their salvation for a season that was headed for disaster. So it's not a traditional love story but it's a "I love you but want to make sure this works in the real world story"...not exactly mind blowing stuff but enough to make a great story out of...edited perfectly that is...edited right up until the last minute. F3 becomes F1...never been done before.

TPTB are hiding it big time but letting out little leaks here and there until the full court press probably this weekend. If he was another Jeremy they would be all over it like white on rice. The interviews have now turned to asking about Reid...right after the sneak peek tease on Monday. It is a 3 man horse race now. She avoids the Reid answers or gets flustered answering them though and it isn't because she is being cold...she is bursting at the seams to let out her "happy" news.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Heres hoping you are right!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3606931;
    There was something else I thought I heard that she said in an interview that goes along with the bolded. She said she was confused and "panicked." Does anyone else remember that? That could have meant that she was so afraid that Reid wouldn't commit that she panicked and let him go too soon.
    I think you're right on the money with your analysis. She did say (during the goodbye/bench scene) that she was scared. She also said in the Extra interview yesterday that she is a commitment phobe. It's actually Jill who was scared and she knows she let Reid go too soon. She has done a complete flip flop in what she says in interviews. She used to grill Reid about proposing and marriage and now she uses his exact language when she says she doesn't even need to hear the L word. Very few people are discussing this yet it is so obvious. I'll be shocked if she doesn't end up with Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen48;3608955;
    I think you're right on the money with your analysis. She did say (during the goodbye/bench scene) that she was scared. She also said in the Extra interview yesterday that she is a commitment phobe. It's actually Jill who was scared and she knows she let Reid go too soon. She has done a complete flip flop in what she says in interviews. She used to grill Reid about proposing and marriage and now she uses his exact language when she says she doesn't even need to hear the L word. Very few people are discussing this yet it is so obvious. I'll be shocked if she doesn't end up with Reid.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer27;3607297;
    Jillian doesn't talk about Reid because she said she's not an actress. She thinks she might slip and give too much away. The girl is crazy in love, and Reid is the object of her affection.
    She says very little about Ed and Kip also... very very little in the last 2 days. And you have to remember that even though we are going to see the FRC and the ATFR ceremony 2 days apart they will actually be around 2 months apart, right? And yesterday in her Extra interview, Jill was extremely happy and there was a picture of Reid with the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3608954;
    Heres hoping you are right!

I'm sticking to your story too, Lovemygirls.

One thing I want to point out. On the episode description where she let Reid go, it was written as she had to say good bye to "a man she truly loves." If she's saying that she was falling in love with all 3 BUT only was in love with one, then isn't it logical that the man she "truly loves" is the one, therefore Reid?
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3609030;

One thing I want to point out. On the episode description where she let Reid go, it was written as she had to say good bye to "a man she truly loves." If she's saying that she was falling in love with all 3 BUT only was in love with one, then isn't it logical that the man she "truly loves" is the one, therefore Reid?
    That's right Beagle. Makes perfect sense to me
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3609030;

Bingo. You just connected a key dot. I think we Reidsters will have our heads screwed on right.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3606260;
    lovemygirls, this is all very plausible and I enjoyed reading it, or shall I say reiding it! However, I feel like TPTB had to have a bigger hand in all of this if Reid really does become F1 after being F3. It is just too perfect, don't you think? For her to let him go and then have him come back and give TPTB a storyline that's never been done before just naturally? That's not a disaster at all! That's good drama that just fell into their laps. If Reid is F1, I think they always planned to have the primary let him go at F3, no matter who he was or how they had to convince her, and then bring him back in a dramatic fashion and see what happens. No way was this all natural and due to Jill imo.

You also bring up an interesting point that if this was Jeremy redux, they would be hyping it very differently. It's the only thing that is giving me hope right now that it's Reid afterall and Jill isn't as ridiculous and plain dumb as she seems to me right now. They're hyping Reid like crazy if you think about it without giving anything away or showing his face for more than 5 seconds. I do think he upsets the finale in a major, major way even if he's not the one and may even delay her decision till ATFR.

Another point you bring up that I really like is that if he is F1, Jill almost definitely has to reject the other two before he comes back so it doesn't look like sloppy seconds for any of them. She has to make the conscious choice that she made a mistake, that she only wanted Reid, reject the others, and there he comes on his white steed to rescue his princess.

The thing is, these situations aren't that dramatic and painful enough for all involved so if Reid is really F1, it's going to be a lot more pain and drama than we can come up with now. We need to be true sadists like Fleissy-poo to know what's going on in his deranged mind.
    I like all of your scenarios, lovemygirls and seeker, but I agree that the producers may have had a stronger hand in this. I heard the Chris Harrison interview, but didn't read his blog yet... Reid did his own comeback, but Jillian may have known he would come back anyway (thanks to some producer coaching). No doubt the idea of a F3 coming back as F1 was discussed. If Reid didn't return, she could pull a "Brad/Jen" and patiently wait for him post show. It is VERY possible that the delay in filming was on account of Reid... not, as Chris Harrison suggests, "30 guys this season".

Jillian may have informed the higher-ups that Reid was F1 as early the hometown date. The missing Sevilla Fantasy Suite date footage was clearly cut on account of The Script; Reid's only real lie on the show may have been him saying he was "denied". It is also very suspect that Reid's 1 on 1 was planned while Ed was away.

Also, if Jillian really wanted to put "fire under his butt", this was a good way of doing it without actually losing him. The camera crew made sure he did his crying in the limo, then proceeded to tell him the "twist". Although Jillian did cry up a storm on the bench, she was probably more upset about him not knowing at the time than over losing him. In earlier episodes, Reid mentioned how she keeps him "on edge" (like in the cut scene with them carving into the ice furniture and her pushing him to move to Canada and in the helicopter when she said "Let's get this s**t done!"). Looking at the situation at this perspective makes her actions less "cruel": Reid was upset, but he also knows how she tests him.

(I'm reminded of that youtube video... don't ask me which one. I'll find it later. A buddy of his made it using footage from the Spanish date with clips of Reid with his friend. In one scene, Reid says he wants to fall in love and his buddy smacks him. I tend to think Jillian is doing the same thing here. It is one way of making somebody with a "fixed" personality to start moving. Like Wes said, after apologizing for his limo insult and saying the two are on friendly terms, Reid is the type of guy who will ask you a bunch of questions now and re-ask them later. One more reason straight-forward Jillian is perfect for him!)

Soooooooo much discussion was made in Philadelphia about him being cautious and slow at committing. I've never seen the star of this show get THAT chummy with a suitor's family... those conversations with Rhonda, Brett and Chad were pretty intense. All of this goes back to episode #3's wrap up party, when he told her he had been in love one and a half times and she said with a smile "interesting". This girl had her eye on him from the get-go and knew how stubborn he could be.

Despite what Eddie fans think, her chemistry with him is much weaker. (Ed was a front-runner initially, but she got over him quickly during his absense and was probably faking it after his return.) Her relationship with Kiptyn is pretty close and could be a replacement match-up if Reid failed to return, but they clearly have a stronger friendship than a physical relationship. People who talk a lot about "making out" with somebody quite often are having trouble doing it convincingly.

Quote Originally Posted by livin life;3606729;
    I am also believing that when we see /hear Jillian talk about Ed leaving and returning,,that you don't know what you have till its gone thought,,that this now relates to Reid even more !
    But the thing is Ed's leaving related to Jillian realizing HER true feelings about Ed. With Reid's it's about him realizing HIS true feelings for her.
    With Ed, it's about HER feelings and with Reid it's about HIS feelings, and imo this is what makes Ed F1.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Well so much for actual edit this season. No wonder it was the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. A little good, a lot of bad and no doubt Ugly.

We might as well not even analyze edit next season...it's complete rubbish.
    We need not think alike to love alike