Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3606878;
    I get that feeling too. She avoids Reid questions like the plague!
    It could just be because she was manipulated and had to hurt him very badly twice. We know she's a sweetheart and is kind and generous about and to everyone. I'm sure if she hurt Reid again because of TPTB's machinations and she knew they were both played and manipulated, she'd have a tough time getting over it.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3606582;
    Sound very plausible. I go back to the dinner date in Spain when she asks him to answer why he thinks they will make a good team together. He gives her his list and she replies that she feels the same way and hence she was smiling and not rolling her eyes as Reid said she was.. Jillian said she agreed and felt the same way about him.

During FS time he says he has strong feelings for her, likes her a lot and he could see himself saying the "L"word sometime in the future. It was the best she was going to get. He tells her in his video message that he knows how he feels but is scared of how strong they are.

The way I see it, she said she put her wall. SHe got scared and sent him away. They were both scared. But they both regretted it before he even left. She was confused when his voice cracked as he said "Hope you made the right move" and wasn't sure how completely sure she was supposed to be. When they are apart they both realize that they should have handled it differently. Maybe the two days with her family gave her some clairty. She most definitely would have talked to them about Reid as well as she had just sent him away. So it makes sense she knew a few days earlier (before MTP and LCD) it was Reid she was "in love" with and not the other guys.

Remember Lisamill was pretty sure Reid went back to LA before he came back to the BI. Maybe she had a change of heart and so did he and hence his return to HI. Did Jillian know Reid was coming back? Or did he ask PTB for a chance to see her and came there on his own? We don't know that yet. So when he does show up, her reaction to his visit should tell her more.

I keep going back to the only other time this show ever made reference to marriage symbolism in some form was Trista/Ryan when they spot married couples on the grounds during their alone time at a group date. We have match made in heaven, pastor/pilot talk of marriage, her reference to seeing Reid standing at altar while she walks down the aisle. Has she ever make such references about the other two men?

The two spurned bach at ATFRC could be Kip and Ed who were both taken to FRC and they want to know why when she was already in love with Reid. Question is did she realize it before or after she let Reid go? We'll know today if someone from ATFRC comes back with an answer. Either my theory is right with the rest of you or I should start writing my own romantic fiction book pronto.. Right now, in the storyline all roads lead to Reid in my book.
    There was something else I thought I heard that she said in an interview that goes along with the bolded. She said she was confused and "panicked." Does anyone else remember that? That could have meant that she was so afraid that Reid wouldn't commit that she panicked and let him go too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3606916;
    It could just be because she was manipulated and had to hurt him very badly twice. We know she's a sweetheart and is kind and generous about and to everyone. I'm sure if she hurt Reid again because of TPTB's machinations and she knew they were both played and manipulated, she'd have a tough time getting over it.
    Just can't be.

If that were the case, you would hear Jillian saying comments like "Reid is such an amazing guy, he would make any woman happy, I loved spending time with him...." and so on...but nada

All we've ever gotten from her is "yeah, he's a great catch.." I don't beleive for one second that's all she has to say about a guy she rejected a proposal from...a guy that she felt she was falling in love with.

Don't fight it alanna....lol

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3606933;
    Just can't be.

If that were the case, you would hear Jillian saying comments like "Reid is such an amazing guy, he would make any woman happy, I loved spending time with him...." and so on...but nada

All we've ever gotten from her is "yeah, he's a great catch.." I don't beleive for one second that's all she has to say about a guy she rejected a proposal from...a guy that she felt she was falling in love with.

Don't fight it alanna....lol
    If anything, she is saying some highly suspicious things about Reid, about how "fell for him in Maui," and how "she wasn't ready to let him go," etc. Her defensiveness of Ed though is too hyper for him to not have been the original F1 at the very least. Maybe Reid did change all her plans but she still truly was in love with Ed imo, or at least thought she was.

And the edit, still, it bugs. The ratings and drama if she chose ED guy would be off the charts vs. if he chose the nice, sweet everyman.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3606916;
    I'm starting to wonder if the reason she's been tight-lipped about Reid is more logistical rather than emotional (he's F1 or she hurt him twice). She can't talk candidly about the bachelors until they are really done on the show. She can talk about Wes, Jesse, Michael, Jake openly because their stories are over. That's not the case with Reid.

We the audience think he was let go at F3, but she knows he's coming back. So elaborating on Reid before the finale would mean she's talking about someone that's active (unknown to us) which I don't think she can do in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3607101;
    I'm starting to wonder if the reason she's been tight-lipped about Reid is more logistical rather than emotional (he's F1 or she hurt him twice). She can't talk candidly about the bachelors until they are really done on the show. She can talk about Wes, Jesse, Michael, Jake openly because their stories are over. That's not the case with Reid.

We the audience think he was let go at F3, but she knows he's coming back. So elaborating on Reid before the finale would mean she's talking about someone that's active (unknown to us) which I don't think she can do in interviews.
    There's nothing logistic about saying "Reid is such an amazing guy, he would make any woman happy, I loved spending time with him...."
    I don't remember who said this but her responses re: Reid are COLD, COLD, COLD. She can elaborate on him, in fact, if she did, I would think he wasn't her F1.

Jillian doesn't talk about Reid because she said she's not an actress. She thinks she might slip and give too much away. The girl is crazy in love, and Reid is the object of her affection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer27;3607297;
    Jillian doesn't talk about Reid because she said she's not an actress. She thinks she might slip and give too much away. The girl is crazy in love, and Reid is the object of her affection.
    I hope you are right,her lack of comments about Reid are suspicious.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3607442;
    I hope you are right,her lack of comments about Reid are suspicious.
    Interesting that she has commented on Reid only couple times during interviews following filming and only when asked directly about him. However, Ed and Kypton was brought up in every interview. Why would she not mention one guy who has end up being in FRC? As Reid would say: "interesting".

Regardless of who is F1........................

I really hope they have an amazing song to Jillian and her chosen one to twirl around at the end to !!!
    I'm pretty sure we will see a heck of a lot of sobbing from her and her chosen one too !

Trista and Ryans song tune was so beautiful and so was actually Deanna and Jesses, Ian and Mer etc.

Hope they have a kicker one for Jillian.
    That (for me) will bring a "brilliant" close to the FRC for this season !
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series