Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3605621;
    I just watched the new extended preview for the Finale.

We see Ed in a PI with the black shirt on that they slipped into last week's episode after that whole fantasy suite debacle.

A few weeks ago I read somewhere on this board how the person thought Reid and Jillian did actually stay the [entire] night in the fantasy suite in Spain and Jillian in a PI was explaining why she changed her mind but instead they dubbed in "I hope I made the right choice today" making it seem like she was talking about declining the card. The I hope I made the right choice today sounds exactly the same in this new preview as it was in Spain.
    I'm pretty sure I brought up the splicing of Jillina's PI in Spain. It is a very close match to the one in the extended preview, but in Spain she says she hopes she made the right decision, in the preview she says she hopes she's making the right decision. What's weird is that in the preview we're supposed to think its the day of the FRC, but I swear she says tonight - when it should be today.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Posting this here because it will get totally lost in the Thoughts and Comments thread...it does involve edit. I had an earlier post all written up about the actual editing clues but the site crashed and I forgot to copy it before I lost it. If I have time later tonight I will post it. I am thinking there might be a leak tomorrow so I wanted to get my thoughts out before that happens in case I am wrong or right.

Possible scenario: (EXTREMELY LONG AND RAMBLY - BEWARE and REID it if you like REID, if not then PASS )

I won't go over everything she said in her first interviews, I think most of us recall her mixed up statements as to how she came to her "decision", all decision(s) have been made...now she has an interview today where she says that she was falling in love with 3 guys but only "loved" one. The day of the F3 RC she is struggling with picking between 3 men she is falling for. At this point she is using her heart and her head...can she take a chance on Reid who won't admit his true feelings for her, does she go through the embarassment of bringing him to the F2 and him not reciprocating feelings, not proposing some sort of a future together, how will they work this out? She is confused (Reid's words). Reid's words don't match up to his actions (being loving) so ultimately she decides to let him go. Even on the bench she seems to want him to say something, anything that will make her decision make sense but he leaves it open-ended. Reid leaves. He gets in that limo and immediately knows he f***ed up (Reid's words). I don't think he thought she would let him go because he "showed" her how he felt but he never "said" it. The Bachelorette's "job" is to get the guy to admit his feelings for her. She failed. Reid failed. Big failure all around. His fears got in the way of the moment...hers led to letting him go.

Now she has to put on a brave face and continue on with 2 guys she is "falling in love" with. We all saw her try to put her brave face on at the toast after she let Reid go. She carries with 2 great guys that are showing her how they feel and are opening up to her. They are in it to win it now...but is she?

This is what I think may have happened...Jillian goes on her LCD dates, the guys show her lots of love and affection, they open up to her, she sees their interactions with her parents, she has the conversation with her dad about an engagement, love and marriage. During this process I think that it dawned on Jillian that she wasn't in love with either of her F2. (hence the disaster comment prior to Hawaii, TPTB couldn't get a handle on Jillian's feelings; either she was vague and stubborn with them or went against what they wanted, they didn't understand this, they didn't see a real love story because her cards were close to the vest so to speak and she wasn't co-operating by giving them a clear cut F1, F2, F3, F4) So basically the LCD's worked against Ed and Kiptyn instead of working for them...they got closer, went through the motions, had intimate moments but she realizes she wasn't in love with them and she wasn't going to accept a proposal from someone she wasn't truly in love with (convo with Dad, her own convictions based on interviews). So now what does she do?

Paraphrasing - I knew awhile before others (in the same situation before her) have what I needed to do (not who I needed to pick).

Meanwhile she is thinking about Reid and what she did, who knows maybe subconciously she "sabotaged" the LCD's...and she realizes she f***ed things up. Now this is the tricky part...whether she asked about him, she knew this was possible, she helped it happen or she was surprised by it, he does come back...and he will get the girl. I fully expect Jillian to reject both F2's or one will propose and she will reject him.

The way I can reconcile TPTB saying it wasn't a love story is because she didn't get an engagement out of this, she rejects both her F2...in their minds they are heading straight for another Brad ending so they **wink, wink** give Reid the heads up that maybe all is not lost after all...maybe he was their salvation for a season that was headed for disaster. So it's not a traditional love story but it's a "I love you but want to make sure this works in the real world story"...not exactly mind blowing stuff but enough to make a great story out of...edited perfectly that is...edited right up until the last minute. F3 becomes F1...never been done before.

TPTB are hiding it big time but letting out little leaks here and there until the full court press probably this weekend. If he was another Jeremy they would be all over it like white on rice. The interviews have now turned to asking about Reid...right after the sneak peek tease on Monday. It is a 3 man horse race now. She avoids the Reid answers or gets flustered answering them though and it isn't because she is being cold...she is bursting at the seams to let out her "happy" news.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    We need not think alike to love alike

lovemygirls, this is all very plausible and I enjoyed reading it, or shall I say reiding it! However, I feel like TPTB had to have a bigger hand in all of this if Reid really does become F1 after being F3. It is just too perfect, don't you think? For her to let him go and then have him come back and give TPTB a storyline that's never been done before just naturally? That's not a disaster at all! That's good drama that just fell into their laps. If Reid is F1, I think they always planned to have the primary let him go at F3, no matter who he was or how they had to convince her, and then bring him back in a dramatic fashion and see what happens. No way was this all natural and due to Jill imo.

You also bring up an interesting point that if this was Jeremy redux, they would be hyping it very differently. It's the only thing that is giving me hope right now that it's Reid afterall and Jill isn't as ridiculous and plain dumb as she seems to me right now. They're hyping Reid like crazy if you think about it without giving anything away or showing his face for more than 5 seconds. I do think he upsets the finale in a major, major way even if he's not the one and may even delay her decision till ATFR.

Another point you bring up that I really like is that if he is F1, Jill almost definitely has to reject the other two before he comes back so it doesn't look like sloppy seconds for any of them. She has to make the conscious choice that she made a mistake, that she only wanted Reid, reject the others, and there he comes on his white steed to rescue his princess.

The thing is, these situations aren't that dramatic and painful enough for all involved so if Reid is really F1, it's going to be a lot more pain and drama than we can come up with now. We need to be true sadists like Fleissy-poo to know what's going on in his deranged mind.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3606260;
    lovemygirls, this is all very plausible and I enjoyed reading it, or shall I say reiding it! However, I feel like TPTB had to have a bigger hand in all of this if Reid really does become F1 after being F3. It is just too perfect, don't you think? For her to let him go and then have him come back and give TPTB a storyline that's never been done before just naturally? That's not a disaster at all! That's good drama that just fell into their laps. If Reid is F1, I think they always planned to have the primary let him go at F3, no matter who he was or how they had to convince her, and then bring him back in a dramatic fashion and see what happens. No way was this all natural and due to Jill imo.

You also bring up an interesting point that if this was Jeremy redux, they would be hyping it very differently. It's the only thing that is giving me hope right now that it's Reid afterall and Jill isn't as ridiculous and plain dumb as she seems to me right now. They're hyping Reid like crazy if you think about it without giving anything away or showing his face for more than 5 seconds. I do think he upsets the finale in a major, major way even if he's not the one and may even delay her decision till ATFR.

Another point you bring up that I really like is that if he is F1, Jill almost definitely has to reject the other two before he comes back so it doesn't look like sloppy seconds for any of them. She has to make the conscious choice that she made a mistake, that she only wanted Reid, reject the others, and there he comes on his white steed to rescue his princess.

The thing is, these situations aren't that dramatic and painful enough for all involved so if Reid is really F1, it's going to be a lot more pain and drama than we can come up with now. We need to be true sadists like Fleissy-poo to know what's going on in his deranged mind.
    Yep, you bring up some great points. The purist in me would hope it wasn't scripted but the realist in me knows to some degree it was. Reid & Jillian must have known that they could reconnect...hey TPTB set the precedent for men coming back right?...but I truly believe that Jillian realized she wasn't in love enough with either of her F2 to accept a proposal that would certainly not last. She kept her head screwed on straight and accepted a proposal to explore a relationship outside this kooky environment.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3606241;
    Posting this here because it will get totally lost in the Thoughts and Comments thread...it does involve edit. I had an earlier post all written up about the actual editing clues but the site crashed and I forgot to copy it before I lost it. If I have time later tonight I will post it. I am thinking there might be a leak tomorrow so I wanted to get my thoughts out before that happens in case I am wrong or right.

Possible scenario: (EXTREMELY LONG AND RAMBLY - BEWARE and REID it if you like REID, if not then PASS )

I won't go over everything she said in her first interviews, I think most of us recall her mixed up statements as to how she came to her "decision", all decision(s) have been made...now she has an interview today where she says that she was falling in love with 3 guys but only "loved" one. The day of the F3 RC she is struggling with picking between 3 men she is falling for. At this point she is using her heart and her head...can she take a chance on Reid who won't admit his true feelings for her, does she go through the embarassment of bringing him to the F2 and him not reciprocating feelings, not proposing some sort of a future together, how will they work this out? She is confused (Reid's words). Reid's words don't match up to his actions (being loving) so ultimately she decides to let him go. Even on the bench she seems to want him to say something, anything that will make her decision make sense but he leaves it open-ended. Reid leaves. He gets in that limo and immediately knows he f***ed up (Reid's words). I don't think he thought she would let him go because he "showed" her how he felt but he never "said" it. The Bachelorette's "job" is to get the guy to admit his feelings for her. She failed. Reid failed. Big failure all around. His fears got in the way of the moment...hers led to letting him go.

Now she has to put on a brave face and continue on with 2 guys she is "falling in love" with. We all saw her try to put her brave face on at the toast after she let Reid go. She carries with 2 great guys that are showing her how they feel and are opening up to her. They are in it to win it now...but is she?

This is what I think may have happened...Jillian goes on her LCD dates, the guys show her lots of love and affection, they open up to her, she sees their interactions with her parents, she has the conversation with her dad about an engagement, love and marriage. During this process I think that it dawned on Jillian that she wasn't in love with either of her F2. (hence the disaster comment prior to Hawaii, TPTB couldn't get a handle on Jillian's feelings; either she was vague and stubborn with them or went against what they wanted, they didn't understand this, they didn't see a real love story because her cards were close to the vest so to speak and she wasn't co-operating by giving them a clear cut F1, F2, F3, F4) So basically the LCD's worked against Ed and Kiptyn instead of working for them...they got closer, went through the motions, had intimate moments but she realizes she wasn't in love with them and she wasn't going to accept a proposal from someone she wasn't truly in love with (convo with Dad, her own convictions based on interviews). So now what does she do?

Paraphrasing - I knew awhile before others (in the same situation before her) have what I needed to do (not who I needed to pick).

Meanwhile she is thinking about Reid and what she did, who knows maybe subconciously she "sabotaged" the LCD's...and she realizes she f***ed things up. Now this is the tricky part...whether she asked about him, she knew this was possible, she helped it happen or she was surprised by it, he does come back...and he will get the girl. I fully expect Jillian to reject both F2's or one will propose and she will reject him.

The way I can reconcile TPTB saying it wasn't a love story is because she didn't get an engagement out of this, she rejects both her F2...in their minds they are heading straight for another Brad ending so they **wink, wink** give Reid the heads up that maybe all is not lost after all...maybe he was their salvation for a season that was headed for disaster. So it's not a traditional love story but it's a "I love you but want to make sure this works in the real world story"...not exactly mind blowing stuff but enough to make a great story out of...edited perfectly that is...edited right up until the last minute. F3 becomes F1...never been done before.

TPTB are hiding it big time but letting out little leaks here and there until the full court press probably this weekend. If he was another Jeremy they would be all over it like white on rice. The interviews have now turned to asking about Reid...right after the sneak peek tease on Monday. It is a 3 man horse race now. She avoids the Reid answers or gets flustered answering them though and it isn't because she is being cold...she is bursting at the seams to let out her "happy" news.

I like your story

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3606272;
    Yep, you bring up some great points. The purist in me would hope it wasn't scripted but the realist in me knows to some degree it was. Reid & Jillian must have known that they could reconnect...hey TPTB set the precedent for men coming back right?...but I truly believe that Jillian realized she wasn't in love enough with either of her F2 to accept a proposal that would certainly not last. She kept her head screwed on straight and accepted a proposal to explore a relationship outside this kooky environment.
    Even if it was always planned out and scripted, I don't think Jill or Reid had any idea about it. Sure their bench scene was awkward and strange but they were just breaking each other's hearts and didn't know how to act. Reid's voice cracking told me all I needed to know. Besides, TPTB like real genuine reactions from their pawns so I don't think they would have involved them in this.

I'm sure that TPTB told Jill he wouldn't propose blahblah and told Reid to remain aloof in case she hurts him and breaks up with him. Also, I doubt they cared whether he would remain the F1 or if she chose someone else. That was probably their very first storyboard after last season's F2 to F1 but if he came back and she already changed her mind, it's still good drama/tv.

I can totally see this going down and assumed this might be the storyline early on when the rumors started to surface that from now on TPTB would try to up each season's absurdity with an even better and bigger storyline than before. So I see it, I do.

The thing that gives me pause is her relationship with Ed. She really is into him imo and even if she was waffling between the two of them initially, I think he might have convinced her otherwise and she ultimately chose him. She is just so into him it's sad to watch for me. Of course the edit isn't doing him any favors but I don't think TPTB cares at this point, last year's F1 and primary looked like major d-bags and yet it was the highest rated season ever.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3605621;
    I just watched the new extended preview for the Finale.

We see Ed in a PI with the black shirt on that they slipped into last week's episode after that whole fantasy suite debacle.

A few weeks ago I read somewhere on this board how the person thought Reid and Jillian did actually stay the [entire] night in the fantasy suite in Spain and Jillian in a PI was explaining why she changed her mind but instead they dubbed in "I hope I made the right choice today" making it seem like she was talking about declining the card. The I hope I made the right choice today sounds exactly the same in this new preview as it was in Spain.
    I can't find the extended preview, can someone help me out?

FORT Newbie

Thanks for posting your story, and I agree ... Here's one other tidbit that might be relevant as well -

IIRC, Jillian said in an interview that one thing she learned thru the Bach/Bach'ette process, is that she didn't need to settle. I think once Reid leaves she realized that while she has some feelings for Ed and Kiptyn, if she chooses either she would be settling.

Reid fans: never give up, never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3606337;

Reid fans: never give up, never surrender!
    Not me!

Chris indicated that we shouldn't either!