Thread: Edit Analysis

  1. #2851
    FORT Fogey Luvstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3603062;
    CH did say that this season all boils down to the "L" word.
    Was that in one of his blogs? Ed uses the L-word very easily but is not sincere, he questioned his feelings himself in Hawaii. I think in the finale we will see that Ed will not "pull the trigger" but he will change his course like his dad said is good to know when to do. Thus Ed's quote in finale previews "I don't want to hurt her but I have to tell her." Reid comes back to tell her he loves her and that is all she has wanted to hear him say all along!!!!!!!

  2. #2852
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    193

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there was an interesting thing I noticed during Episode 3 during Jill and Reid's alone time after that silly Wild West date. They were in that lounger talking and she said something like "you're hot" and they talked about his past relationships etc etc. Then at the end of that scene in the lounger, he leans forward into her and she wipes his lips. She's very obviously wiping lipstick off of this lips. So they kissed there, I'm convinced. But TPTB did not want to show us that. Then he goes back with the other guys, one of them asks "did you kiss her" and he very smartly says "I don't kiss and tell". Hmmmmm.

    I don't know if this means anything but why did TPTB not show that kiss!!?!?

  3. #2853
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan09;3604508;
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there was an interesting thing I noticed during Episode 3 during Jill and Reid's alone time after that silly Wild West date. They were in that lounger talking and she said something like "you're hot" and they talked about his past relationships etc etc. Then at the end of that scene in the lounger, he leans forward into her and she wipes his lips. She's very obviously wiping lipstick off of this lips. So they kissed there, I'm convinced. But TPTB did not want to show us that. Then he goes back with the other guys, one of them asks "did you kiss her" and he very smartly says "I don't kiss and tell". Hmmmmm.

    I don't know if this means anything but why did TPTB not show that kiss!!?!?
    You're right. It was their first kiss but TPTB pretended their first kiss actually happened at the cocktail party and used her PI from the date to describe what was actually their first kiss. I have no idea why they would edit it that way other than to save time vs. showing two kisses for Reid?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  4. #2854
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: Edit Analysis

    OK, guys something is up with the final 6. Particularly Jesse and Reid. Go back and watch Jesse's 1-1 date and Reid's 1-1 date as well as both htd. They are full of clues. She does a PI during her date with Jesse wearing the same purple dress she wore at the MTA. She references, christmas day (talked about during reid and jesse's 1-1), they draw their initials in the snow (seen on jesse's but later released a clip on reid's 1-1 date), and she states "being on top of a glacier I'd say is prime real estate for falling in love (VO)". During Jesse's htd he calls her his honey-boo bear and when Jesse's brother asks if he loves her there is a major vo. Jesse and Reid's mom's 1-1 conversation with Jill are very similiar. They both say they are slow and cautious when falling in love. And in the end he also asks her for another chance for some reason. I'm going back to the beginning episodes to see if I can find anything else.

  5. #2855
    FORT Fogey deidre1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3604522;
    You're right. It was their first kiss but TPTB pretended their first kiss actually happened at the cocktail party and used her PI from the date to describe what was actually their first kiss. I have no idea why they would edit it that way other than to save time vs. showing two kisses for Reid?
    I think because they wanted Juan to be cutting in on Reid's time all the time and to give Juan a negative edit IMO.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

  6. #2856
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3603623;
    Was that in one of his blogs? Ed uses the L-word very easily but is not sincere, he questioned his feelings himself in Hawaii. I think in the finale we will see that Ed will not "pull the trigger" but he will change his course like his dad said is good to know when to do. Thus Ed's quote in finale previews "I don't want to hurt her but I have to tell her." Reid comes back to tell her he loves her and that is all she has wanted to hear him say all along!!!!!!!
    I actually think the "L" word is not love it's LIES!!!

  7. #2857
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan09;3604508;
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there was an interesting thing I noticed during Episode 3 during Jill and Reid's alone time after that silly Wild West date. They were in that lounger talking and she said something like "you're hot" and they talked about his past relationships etc etc. Then at the end of that scene in the lounger, he leans forward into her and she wipes his lips. She's very obviously wiping lipstick off of this lips. So they kissed there, I'm convinced. But TPTB did not want to show us that. Then he goes back with the other guys, one of them asks "did you kiss her" and he very smartly says "I don't kiss and tell". Hmmmmm.

    I don't know if this means anything but why did TPTB not show that kiss!!?!?
    Great example of slice & dice. Yes, there was a kiss there. Also two guys interrupting: Mark AND Juan... but only Juan seen and discussed in Reid's PI. Reid tells Mark (I think... have to re-watch) he doesn't "kiss and tell", so Mark must have known he was interrupting and was curious if "lift off" was achieved. Not sure which guy says "You got some" during the "Good, Bad & Ugly" preview (post hot-tub) when Reid's black cowboy scene came up.

    All of those details can be seen in just a few minutes of footage!

    Episode #3 was an important one for Reid. He was hardly seen in #1, while #2 began the start of his "unveiling" as F1 with his "match made in heaven" discussion. (These episodes were edited while filming was wrapping in Hawaii and "final decisions" were being made. I think Reid's #2 footage was added last... just a hunch.) The western movie date could be called his "coming out" party... Ed may have had a 1 on 1 date, but Reid was everywhere in that episode.

    The cut kiss is posted elsewhere... it showed up in a preview, just like the cut bathrobe shot in Sevilla. One theory of why: the second pre-RC kiss may have been more passionate and looked better as a "first" kiss. (Also, Kiptyn had a kiss right after, in front of the same mansion fire place... maybe to compare it to?)

    This marked the official start of the Reid Choo Choo on this board. We knew he was special thanks to their clever editing "tricks".

  8. #2858
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by cbgj222;3604525;
    OK, guys something is up with the final 6. Particularly Jesse and Reid. Go back and watch Jesse's 1-1 date and Reid's 1-1 date as well as both htd. They are full of clues. She does a PI during her date with Jesse wearing the same purple dress she wore at the MTA. She references, christmas day (talked about during reid and jesse's 1-1), they draw their initials in the snow (seen on jesse's but later released a clip on reid's 1-1 date), and she states "being on top of a glacier I'd say is prime real estate for falling in love (VO)". During Jesse's htd he calls her his honey-boo bear and when Jesse's brother asks if he loves her there is a major vo. Jesse and Reid's mom's 1-1 conversation with Jill are very similiar. They both say they are slow and cautious when falling in love. And in the end he also asks her for another chance for some reason. I'm going back to the beginning episodes to see if I can find anything else.
    Jesse clearly saw Reid as competition... remember his criticisms on the train? You are right about the similarities. She obviously had more chemistry with one over the other, but their 1 on 1 dates were a little alike (although a glacier looked dull compared to ice sculpture and, had Reid just had hot-tub time, we would have missed all of the fun fondue and dirty broccoli talk.) I think the editors put Jesse's hometown footage together to resemble Reid's a little... possibly to make viewers think he'd be picked over Wes or Ed (no hometown) at the rose ceremony.

    The Honey Bear and real estate references are interesting... I should give Jesse's 1 on 1 and hometown a second look. BTW, if you count the FS, both guys also had tub scenes with kissing. (Remember when many thought Jesse's hot-tub screencap was Reid's prior to airing?) Just going by what you wrote, Jesse calls Jillian a Honey-Boo Bear? When Reid mentioned himself as one in his video message, I got the impression it represented a Fantasy Suite something that wasn't any of our business.

    One of the interviews mentioned Jillian discussing religion and holidays with several guys. I didn't realize Jesse's footage contained a Christmas reference.

  9. #2859
    FORT Regular riano27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    145

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3604675;
    Jesse clearly saw Reid as competition... remember his criticisms on the train? You are right about the similarities. She obviously had more chemistry with one over the other, but their 1 on 1 dates were a little alike (although a glacier looked dull compared to ice sculpture and, had Reid just had hot-tub time, we would have missed all of the fun fondue and dirty broccoli talk.) I think the editors put Jesse's hometown footage together to resemble Reid's a little... possibly to make viewers think he'd be picked over Wes or Ed (no hometown) at the rose ceremony.

    The Honey Bear and real estate references are interesting... I should give Jesse's 1 on 1 and hometown a second look. BTW, if you count the FS, both guys also had tub scenes with kissing. (Remember when many thought Jesse's hot-tub screencap was Reid's prior to airing?) Just going by what you wrote, Jesse calls Jillian a Honey-Boo Bear? When Reid mentioned himself as one in his video message, I got the impression it represented a Fantasy Suite something that wasn't any of our business.

    One of the interviews mentioned Jillian discussing religion and holidays with several guys. I didn't realize Jesse's footage contained a Christmas reference.
    I rewatched it about an hour ago. Jesse is talking to his brother outside about her and they start talking about how cute she is and Jesse says "like a honey boo bear." It wasn't a nickname but more of a description of her.

  10. #2860
    FORT Regular riano27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    145

    Re: Edit Analysis

    I just watched the new extended preview for the Finale.

    We see Ed in a PI with the black shirt on that they slipped into last week's episode after that whole fantasy suite debacle.

    A few weeks ago I read somewhere on this board how the person thought Reid and Jillian did actually stay the [entire] night in the fantasy suite in Spain and Jillian in a PI was explaining why she changed her mind but instead they dubbed in "I hope I made the right choice today" making it seem like she was talking about declining the card. The I hope I made the right choice today sounds exactly the same in this new preview as it was in Spain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.