Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck101;3583618;
    Why should they care what the audience wants. It's what Jillian wants that is the most important with added drama of course.
    The audience provides the ratings, which attracts sponsors, which makes the network money. Jillian is incidental to the process.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3583967;
    Someone mentioned way back in another thread that Jillian says "a confession that makes her QUESTION everything. Interesting that Kiptyn also says "I didn't question things(it) until today".

So does this confession change the whole show?
    I think Kiptyn's statement of "I didn't question things until today," occurs when he is picking out a ring. If he readily admits he has always had "one foot in and one foot out" of what could probably be termed "real" relationships, it stands to reason that when faced with the reality of picking out a ring in this situation he would question things.

Not sure what confession makes Jillian question everything, but I'm curious as to who is telling her things that were hard to hear...is it Ed and his supposed GFs (I doubt it), is it that Kiptyn is just not that into her, or is it Reid's confession of love but feeling too pressured to propose rather than letting the relationship evolve naturally???? It should be interesting.
    The first step in getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want....Ben Stein

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Edit analysis:

There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and the other guys saying "Ed was a threat".
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and Brad with Brad saying that it seems like Jillian can't hurt anyone by not giving them a rose.
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and the train attendant. You don’t wanna regret it, if she’s the one, you will never forget her, and you will always think, I should of told her how you felt.
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and his father telling him to go for IT. My advice to you it is to assess and process if whether she is a good match for you, and if you think she is go into it head over heels even knowing that you could get hurt, because that’s the only way great things happen, by taking those risks.
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Jillian and Reid's brother about committing and that is what IT will come down to. Lets see if he commits at the very end, that’s what it will come down to.
    There was a reason that Reid was basically the narrator of the season.
    There is a reason that in Reid's diary of the departed he talks about Ed specifically (although he might have talked about Kiptyn as well) referring to how Ed got to leave for work and come back for Spain.

Now another interesting key editing point:

In Trista and Ryan's season they specifically showed them seeing a wedding take place. (HTD? FD? I can't remember)
    This season we have a helicopter pilot that just happens to be an ordained minister, we have Jillian talking about Reid saying that she could see him standing at the altar waiting for her and we have this sc of a chapel, this was shown right at the beginning of Reid and Jillian's FD.

We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3584083;
    The audience provides the ratings, which attracts sponsors, which makes the network money. Jillian is incidental to the process.
    I guess each week they should have a telephone vote to see who is eliminated. Then at the end. The audience picks her fiance. Then they get married and live happily every after. ......Maybe that is what people want from the posts.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3584390;
    Edit analysis:

There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and the other guys saying "Ed was a threat".
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and Brad with Brad saying that it seems like Jillian can't hurt anyone by not giving them a rose.
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and the train attendant. You donít wanna regret it, if sheís the one, you will never forget her, and you will always think, I should of told her how you felt.
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and his father telling him to go for IT. My advice to you it is to assess and process if whether she is a good match for you, and if you think she is go into it head over heels even knowing that you could get hurt, because thatís the only way great things happen, by taking those risks.
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Jillian and Reid's brother about committing and that is what IT will come down to. Lets see if he commits at the very end, thatís what it will come down to.
    There is a reason that in Reid's diary of the departed he talks about Ed specifically (although he might have talked about Kiptyn as well) referring to how Ed got to leave for work and come back for Spain.

In Trista and Ryan's season they specifically showed them seeing a wedding take place. (HTD? FD? I can't remember)
    This season we have a helicopter pilot that just happens to be an ordained minister, we have Jillian talking about Reid saying that she could see him standing at the altar waiting for her and we have this sc of a chapel, this was shown right at the beginning of Reid and Jillian's FD.

Bolded and italics, ITA. He sure was the narrator.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justjonesin;3583978;
    All of this speculation is beginning to give me a huge headache and is making me want to scream! I wish I had one of those remotes like Adam Sandler had in "Click" so that I can fast forward to the finale. They also need to consider having a "Bachelorette Raw" series, where there is are no edits, no photoshopping, no illusions. Just some real stuff raw. Then, at least, we won't be wondering if what we are seeing is real or if it it is scripted and edited! I see true love with Jilly and Reid, but is that just the "illusion" that is being portrayed??? I hope not because I well up everytime I watch them together. They are soooo sweet together.
    I really do not think that is an illusioin being potrayed. It is more of an illusion in people's minds. ABC's edit does not potray any true love between Reid and Jillian.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by naturesgirl;3583660;
    I had to get my hubby's view on this topic and since he has never watched one episode of this show, I thought his would be a good opinion to get. I asked him one simple question. If you liked a girl, would it bother you to see her with other guys, thinking about what they are doing and would you tell her it bothered you.

His response was of course it would both him IF he liked her and the more he liked her, the more it would bother him. If it didn't bother him, then obviously, he's just not that into her and doesn't care one way or another. He then said that the guy who said he doesn't care probably has a girl on the side or something...I thought this was interesting since he's never watched the show before. Things that make you go hmmmm.
    Did you tell him, he will be on a show competing with 29 other guys for the girl's hand in marriage. That he will be staying in the same house and living with his competitors for weeks who might go on single dates with the girl. That he will go to a film set and watch the girl kiss at least four other men with all the guys watching.

I will like to hear the answer to that one. If he will walk away-not invest himself, or fight for the girl by taking a risk to invest himself in the process.
    Last edited by Living; 07-18-2009 at 09:01 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3583731;
    All I meant in my conclusion is that the show could "explain" how/why he comes back (if he does) by showing us some of the convo they "hid" by making all of those cuts and raise the audio for some of the whispers to see if she did say "i love you and call me".
    Nano27. Can you do a disection of Wes's limo PI when he talked about being the only guy with a girlfriend to reach F4. That will be interesting. We know the spliced it, just want to know how much.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3584390;
    Edit analysis:

There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and the train attendant. You donít wanna regret it, if sheís the one, you will never forget her, and you will always think, I should of told her how you felt.
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Reid and his father telling him to go for IT. My advice to you it is to assess and process if whether she is a good match for you, and if you think she is go into it head over heels even knowing that you could get hurt, because thatís the only way great things happen, by taking those risks.
    There was a reason they left in the conversation btw Jillian and Reid's brother about committing and that is what IT will come down to. Lets see if he commits at the very end, thatís what it will come down to.

IA, lovemygirls, they edit the way that they do for a very specific reason and that is to cause controversy and elicit reactions from viewers, thus leading them along their storyline and getting their ratings, of course. At this point and so close to the finale Kip is the one with the cleaner edit and one that gives them ample reason for slotting him into the next Bachelor. Why bother doing the E.D. edit for Ed? Why show Reid as reluctant? We are either making too much of it all, or it's in our faces. I believe the peeps who have talked about the storyboard and all of your observations above are within the realm of possibility. No doubt.

FORT Newbie

I noticed something about Ed's edit. They are not showing how funny he trully is. You get a little here and there (calling Wes a country singing terd, his mankini shorts, saying karaoke is about thinking you are good not actually being good). They did however include all of Reid's comedic comments. I think they did this for one of two reasons: 1) to make Reid look better or 2) they didn't want Ed to seem like the total package and therefore the obvious choice. Either way they have us torn between Reid and Ed. Good job of confusing us this season!