Page 25 of 302 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 3020

Thread: Edit Analysis

  1. #241
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,051

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3476696;
    Perfect. You're certainly well seasoned in Fleiss' machinations.
    I don't underestimate this man, though! I said once he would throw his grandmother under the bus if he thought it would make for good drama, and someone replied and said that he would back up and run over her again for good measure.

    I will say that the biggest surprises to me are usually with the Bachelorette seasons. They are certainly the hardest to analysis the edit.

    It was difficult to believe that Fleiss was going to allow Jesse ( over even Jeremy) as DeAnna's F1 -Jesse who had been edited showing up looking like Bozo the Clown to meet the Bachelorette in her gold evening gown, Jesse who had talked openly about bodily functions, and Jesse who had made threatening gesturing, including a remark made against the host, Chris Harrison.

    Meredith's Matthew was edited as almost the perfect choice while F1 Ian, the sexy chemistry connection, was edited as a drifter and a commitment phobe.

    It was hard to tell what Jen Sheft was doing during her series anyway, and then she changed her mind before "the honeymoon" period was over, and they had to re-shoot the ending.

    That only leaves Trista, and even knowing the ending when I saw it again the second time last summer on cable, it still was harder to read the edit on The Bachelorette than it is on The Bachelor.

  2. #242
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    891

    Re: Edit Analysis

    I will say that the biggest surprises to me are usually with the Bachelorette seasons. They are certainly the hardest to analysis the edit.


    Bloomers: maybe the gals show more cojones in calling the shots than the guys and just don't always go merrily along with his gameplan.

  3. #243
    FORT Fogey BachNoFoolMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,724

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476648;
    We have found that most of the time they know going into the fantasy dates which is why the F1 often gets the most luxurious accomodations.

    This situation with Ed sounds like it is producer generated to me, especially as the producers have been looking for a different twist each season. Now, I suppose something legitimate could possibly have come up since it did on Bob's season 4 when Meredith's grandmother died, but what are the odds of that against something being producer generated when they have been hankering to do something like this for quite a while?

    Now, if Ed is truly somebody she liked right off the bat, then maybe even if it is producer generated, she might pick him for the F1 because she did like him that much from the beginning.

    If this is really producer generated and only scripted to look like it is real, then I believe we may see Ed come back only to make it to F3 and be let go in Hawaii.
    & I still say with a setup of showing Ed coming back....from that moment on, it plants in the average TV viewers (those who don't think anything about the edit processing) that Ed was a favorite afterall & most likely they are following him to be F1 with out any doubt. All of a sudden Kip/Reid are off the radars. I could see Fleiss wanting this kinda of scenario & then people are totally left flabbergasted if Ed doesn't make F1.

  4. #244
    FORT Fogey BachNoFoolMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,724

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3476676;
    That is something that I was thinking about too. If in fact Ed does leave and then comes back, I see everyone thinking if she allows him to come back, he's probably F1. And I'm sure they'd play it up well... to create the drama, but maybe in the end she picks someone else.
    Exactly! Or the TPTB are not worried this season about showing an obvious F1 with the coming of Ed back thru the end of the show.

  5. #245
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,051

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3476820;
    & I still say with a setup of showing Ed coming back....from that moment on, it plants in the average TV viewers (those who don't think anything about the edit processing) that Ed was a favorite afterall & most likely they are following him to be F1 with out any doubt. All of a sudden Kip/Reid are off the radars. I could see Fleiss wanting this kinda of scenario & then people are totally left flabbergasted if Ed doesn't make F1.
    Actually, this is quite feasible. I can't remember hearing the remarks, but I have read them on here where Ed says that he doesn't like the guys or something like that?
    I have been waiting for the negative editing to start. If Ed quits because he doesn't like the guys in the house, then while not as bad it is still similar in nature to the character who causes confrontation in the house. Even Jesse in DeAnna's season didn't cause confrontation in the house; poor Jeremy did that just by living. (BTW - without inside info and without screencaps, we would have known Jeremy wasn't F1 by the fact that he was everpresent and he was edited as the cause of the confrontation in the house ( whether he did or not or even meant to or not - it is the edit that counts).

  6. #246
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,970

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476847;
    Actually, this is quite feasible. I can't remember hearing the remarks, but I have read them on here where Ed says that he doesn't like the guys or something like that?
    I have been waiting for the negative editing to start. If Ed quits because he doesn't like the guys in the house, then while not as bad it is still similar in nature to the character who causes confrontation in the house. Even Jesse in DeAnna's season didn't cause confrontation in the house; poor Jeremy did that just by living. (BTW - without inside info and without screencaps, we would have known Jeremy wasn't F1 by the fact that he was everpresent and he was edited as the cause of the confrontation in the house ( whether he did or not or even meant to or not - it is the edit that counts).
    We still don't know who she chose.............the wind has shifted in Ed's direction recently after the Canadian photograph showed up.........

    Let's look at this scenario below............ fair warning that there are a lot of suppositions in here but it seems one possible way things could play out.......

    Ed (supposedly) says he doesn't like the guys in the house (whether he meant all the guys or some "meatheads" is another question altogether)
    Ed asks to leave "Tessa" style........ and then he let's assume he leaves the show for a week or two...................

    Now let's reiterate that Jillian has said she wants a man who will always be there for her, has a sense of humor, she can communicate with, yada yada yada

    Assuming Ed left the show for reasons other than something critical that only he could attend to, no other excuses allowed here............ they sign on to the show knowing they will be out of contact for 4-8 weeks) and Jillian was true to her word and meant what she said .................she is looking for a man who will always be there for her, has a sense of humor and is willing to communicate, yada, yada, yada................

    If Ed left bec' he couldn't stand the guys in the house, leaves and returns and Jillian is okay with that now will she question if he will bail out in the future for some trivial reason. Ed seems like a decent guy, but would Jillian question why he wanted to leave if he was seriously there for her and just hang on till HTD when he wouldn't have to be with the other guys.

    The other question is ...........how will Kip and Reid see this .........they both seem like mature and perceptive guys in the group of some slick and immature hotheads there ..........will they figure that with Ed back for whatever reason, their chances are f2 and f3 at best that late in the "game"? Will they question why Jillian would allow that to happen she was already set on picking Ed in finale.

    So did Kip and Reid just go on ziplines and other dates to just finish the show knowing they were going to be rejected in the finale? Did she or didn't she accept a proposal bec' she really want to make sure Ed will not bail out like he did in the show?

    Could this happen? Fleiss tends to play extreme scenarios to mess up the participants every season.

  7. #247
    FORT Fogey SDMOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    905

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3476921;
    We still don't know who she chose.............the wind has shifted in Ed's direction recently after the Canadian photograph showed up.........

    Let's look at this scenario below............ fair warning that there are a lot of suppositions in here but it seems one possible way things could play out.......

    Ed (supposedly) says he doesn't like the guys in the house (whether he meant all the guys or some "meatheads" is another question altogether)
    Ed asks to leave "Tessa" style........ and then he let's assume he leaves the show for a week or two...................

    Now let's reiterate that Jillian has said she wants a man who will always be there for her, has a sense of humor, she can communicate with, yada yada yada

    Assuming Ed left the show for reasons other than something critical that only he could attend to, no other excuses allowed here............ they sign on to the show knowing they will be out of contact for 4-8 weeks) and Jillian was true to her word and meant what she said .................she is looking for a man who will always be there for her, has a sense of humor and is willing to communicate, yada, yada, yada................

    If Ed left bec' he couldn't stand the guys in the house, leaves and returns and Jillian is okay with that now will she question if he will bail out in the future for some trivial reason. Ed seems like a decent guy, but would Jillian question why he wanted to leave if he was seriously there for her and just hang on till HTD when he wouldn't have to be with the other guys.

    The other question is ...........how will Kip and Reid see this .........they both seem like mature and perceptive guys in the group of some slick and immature hotheads there ..........will they figure that with Ed back for whatever reason, their chances are f2 and f3 at best that late in the "game"? Will they question why Jillian would allow that to happen she was already set on picking Ed in finale.

    So did Kip and Reid just go on ziplines and other dates to just finish the show knowing they were going to be rejected in the finale? Did she or didn't she accept a proposal bec' she really want to make sure Ed will not bail out like he did in the show?

    Could this happen? Fleiss tends to play extreme scenarios to mess up the participants every season.
    You know, that could be the reason Jillian cut Ed in F3.
    So, we could have doubts for the final guys:
    Kip: would he break her heart?
    Ed: he bailed out once, would he do that again?
    What could the doubt for Reid be? So far, I don't see any arc in his story. Too early to tell? He really is too hidden. Even Melissa, who did not have a 1 on 1 in M&G, got a date on Ep. 2, and here we are wondering if Reid ever got a date?

  8. #248
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,051

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3476921;
    We still don't know who she chose.............the wind has shifted in Ed's direction recently after the Canadian photograph showed up.........

    Let's look at this scenario below............ fair warning that there are a lot of suppositions in here but it seems one possible way things could play out.......

    Ed (supposedly) says he doesn't like the guys in the house (whether he meant all the guys or some "meatheads" is another question altogether)
    Ed asks to leave "Tessa" style........ and then he let's assume he leaves the show for a week or two...................

    Now let's reiterate that Jillian has said she wants a man who will always be there for her, has a sense of humor, she can communicate with, yada yada yada

    Assuming Ed left the show for reasons other than something critical that only he could attend to, no other excuses allowed here............ they sign on to the show knowing they will be out of contact for 4-8 weeks) and Jillian was true to her word and meant what she said .................she is looking for a man who will always be there for her, has a sense of humor and is willing to communicate, yada, yada, yada................

    If Ed left bec' he couldn't stand the guys in the house, leaves and returns and Jillian is okay with that now will she question if he will bail out in the future for some trivial reason. Ed seems like a decent guy, but would Jillian question why he wanted to leave if he was seriously there for her and just hang on till HTD when he wouldn't have to be with the other guys.

    The other question is ...........how will Kip and Reid see this .........they both seem like mature and perceptive guys in the group of some slick and immature hotheads there ..........will they figure that with Ed back for whatever reason, their chances are f2 and f3 at best that late in the "game"? Will they question why Jillian would allow that to happen she was already set on picking Ed in finale.

    So did Kip and Reid just go on ziplines and other dates to just finish the show knowing they were going to be rejected in the finale? Did she or didn't she accept a proposal bec' she really want to make sure Ed will not bail out like he did in the show?

    Could this happen? Fleiss tends to play extreme scenarios to mess up the participants every season.


    I haven't heard Ed's comments, but they sound like they are whining to me. If he leaves under this impression, he has a negative edit going. He may come back gangbusters with all kinds of chemistry, etc., but people watching this show won't forget. This is not the same as if he had to leave temporarily because his father died. I have been reading Bach/ette boards long enough to know that, and I also know that the editors will have left those comments in there to cast doubt upon Ed; otherwise, we wouldn't hear those comments, and Ed would be a purely sympathetic character.

    Here's my guess based on the whining, leaving, and returning. He returns whether he asks or she asks. They have great chemistry; however, she has been building solid relationships with these other two guys all along the way. Now at this point, we know she likes to make-out with Kip and to stare at him, so we think she is highly physically attracted to him ( much like others in the past - Bevin, Kirsten, Moana). We are thinking that she is very comfortable with Reid and that he makes her laugh. We think that she is emotionally attracted to him.

    I think she will realize that the other two relationships have simply developed past what she and Ed have been able to develop in the more limited time they have had together. She lets Ed go at F3 and takes the other two to F2.

  9. #249
    FORT Fan Marloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    304

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476928;
    I haven't heard Ed's comments, but they sound like they are whining to me. If he leaves under this impression, he has a negative edit going. He may come back gangbusters with all kinds of chemistry, etc., but people watching this show won't forget. This is not the same as if he had to leave temporarily because his father died. I have been reading Bach/ette boards long enough to know that, and I also know that the editors will have left those comments in there to cast doubt upon Ed; otherwise, we wouldn't hear those comments, and Ed would be a purely sympathetic character.

    Here's my guess based on the whining, leaving, and returning. He returns whether he asks or she asks. They have great chemistry; however, she has been building solid relationships with these other two guys all along the way. Now at this point, we know she likes to make-out with Kip and to stare at him, so we think she is highly physically attracted to him ( much like others in the past - Bevin, Kirsten, Moana). We are thinking that she is very comfortable with Reid and that he makes her laugh. We think that she is emotionally attracted to him.

    I think she will realize that the other two relationships have simply developed past what she and Ed have been able to develop in the more limited time they have had together. She lets Ed go at F3 and takes the other two to F2.
    Ditto about the whining. Contrast that with Reid's wanting to get out of Camp Meathead yet sucking it up, centering himself as he did for the voting, and concentrating on the relationship between himself and Jill. This despite not getting a date while Ed does get one. Which character in a story like this would you trust to weather life's difficulties with?
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

  10. #250
    FORT Fogey albean99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Edit Analysis

    It's too soon to make the assumption that Ed leaves or even that he's whining. We heard him say he hates the other guys but it may have just been hating the there are so many others competing for her affection. Tessa was the same as were many in past shows. We don't know that it causes him to leave or even that he does go since we've seen pics of him in Spain and Hawaii. I don't think they're giving him a negative edit in the show and in fact it's been pretty good so far and the next episode also with him having the guts to go along with getting down that building. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done that even to win my dh's love, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.