Page 24 of 302 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3476675;
    The more I think about it, the more I agree that Ed's leaving is producer generated/encouraged. You're right, the producers always look for new twists; we as fans have always hoped our favorites would come back after untimely leave, and it's never happened, until now.
    The underlined part is something I've never considered until your post. You're right: if Ed becomes F1 after his return, that will be too easy, and Fleiss wants drama.
    We shall see.
    Now, if this were a romance novel, would the returning boyfriend be able to knock out the love of the steady, tried and true always been there through thick and thin boyfriend?
    If I were reading this in a book, I would already know that the steady boyfriend prevails because that would be the more satisfying and less outrageous ending.

The only way(s) that they can make this acceptable to the viewing audience is that Ed has an emergency beyond his control, has to leave, we see her very torn up about it, he gets to come back and loves conquers all - or - She lets him go only to find out that she made a terrible mistake. She looks bad, and we feel badly for Reid and Kip.

If he leaves and begs to come back, then for him to win is going to leave people feeling very similar to what they felt when Jason changed his mind midstream. They can say what they want, but you have already heard that people don't think it is fair.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476680;
    Now, if this were a romance novel, would the returning boyfriend be able to knock out the love of the steady, tried and true always been there through thick and thin boyfriend?
    If I were reading this in a book, I would already know that the steady boyfriend prevails because that would be the more satisfying and less outrageous ending.

The only way(s) that they can make this acceptable to the viewing audience is that Ed has an emergency beyond his control, has to leave, we see her very torn up about it, he gets to come back and loves conquers all - or - She lets him go only to find out that she made a terrible mistake. She looks bad, and we feel badly for Reid and Kip.

If he leaves and begs to come back, then for him to win is going to leave people feeling very similar to what they felt when Jason changed his mind midstream. They can say what they want, but you have already heard that people don't think it is fair.
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Ed may get cut and it's Jill who wants him back. maybe he gets incorrectly caught up in the "girlfriend" drama, or maybe she is torn between him and say a Wes, and chooses the other only to find out Ed was "true" and they were not. That gives him the right arc for people to root for him when he comes back, gives Jill the arc of "I made a mistake but corrected it before it's too late (Jason the right way) and adds drama as well. And sets up F2 as sympathetic enough to continue him as (next) TB. Or am I giving this show too much credit...

I agree with you. The only way that they would come out smelling like roses is if Ed does leave and then return, is due to to a family emergency. Otherwise, it'll be the same as Jason's season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476648;
    We have found that most of the time they know going into the fantasy dates which is why the F1 often gets the most luxurious accomodations.

This situation with Ed sounds like it is producer generated to me, especially as the producers have been looking for a different twist each season. Now, I suppose something legitimate could possibly have come up since it did on Bob's season 4 when Meredith's grandmother died, but what are the odds of that against something being producer generated when they have been hankering to do something like this for quite a while?

Now, if Ed is truly somebody she liked right off the bat, then maybe even if it is producer generated, she might pick him for the F1 because she did like him that much from the beginning.

If this is really producer generated and only scripted to look like it is real, then I believe we may see Ed come back only to make it to F3 and be let go in Hawaii.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. My thoughts on the Ed situation, largely created by the producers for drama and shock value. Every time I see the fountain pic and now the Hawaii pic, they looked so staged, I mean really they jumped in the fountain and kiss "passionately," come on. Those pics remind me of the John Wayne date and the staged kisses with all the guys. Jillian was acting pretty exuberant in those caps too, so we know she can fake it if she wants to. Not to say that Ed is not an "inspiring" specimen, personally I find him pretty hot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3476681;
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Ed may get cut and it's Jill who wants him back. maybe he gets incorrectly caught up in the "girlfriend" drama, or maybe she is torn between him and say a Wes, and chooses the other only to find out Ed was "true" and they were not. That gives him the right arc for people to root for him when he comes back, gives Jill the arc of "I made a mistake but corrected it before it's too late (Jason the right way) and adds drama as well. And sets up F2 as sympathetic enough to continue him as (next) TB. Or am I giving this show too much credit...
    This would work but would make her the villainess to bring him back only to reject him and break his heart again!! However, Fleiss would say that is real ife ( people often go back with an ex to give it another chance only to find out it still won't work).

Something I am keeping in the back of my mind until somebody finds out something on Ed's recent whereabouts is that the poster who said she was given insider info that Reid was F1 and Kip was being groomed for the next Bach gave me clear, proven info last season on something.

If Ed comes back on his own, though, then the F3 slot is what he deserves (in many people's minds).

I sure would like to know when Ed resurfaced from Hawaii!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476691;
    This would work but would make her the villainess to bring him back only to reject him and break his heart again!! However, Fleiss would say that is real ife ( people often go back with an ex to give it another chance only to find out it still won't work).

Something I am keeping in the back of my mind until somebody finds out something on Ed's recent whereabouts is that the poster who said she was given insider info that Reid was F1 and Kip was being groomed for the next Bach gave me clear, proven info last season on something.

If Ed comes back on his own, though, then the F3 slot is what he deserves (in many people's minds).

I sure would like to know when Ed resurfaced from Hawaii!
    I don't think Fleece cares who he makes into a villain or villainess, they are all there for his "pleasure" so to speak..

If he leaves on his own and comes back, then I think F3 works. If he gets cut due to some mistake or misinformation, and she realizes it and we get "if I had known the truth I never would have cut him" arc, he's devestated to leave arc, then I could see him as F1, and I think most people would buy this and they both would come out smelling like, well, roses. The one thing I don't think we've seen is the "wronged cut" edit on this show.

Perfect. You're certainly well seasoned in Fleiss' machinations.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3476693;
    I don't think Fleece cares who he makes into a villain or villainess, they are all there for his "pleasure" so to speak..

If he leaves on his own and comes back, then I think F3 works. If he gets cut due to some mistake or misinformation, and she realizes it and we get "if I had known the truth I never would have cut him" arc, he's devestated to leave arc, then I could see him as F1, and I think most people would buy this and they both would come out smelling like, well, roses. The one thing I don't think we've seen is the "wronged cut" edit on this show.
    However, no one has ever left - either on his/her own or been rejected - to be accepted back into the process like Ed will be. He will be the first to leave and be able to come back under any circumstances.

Jeremy went back to talk to DeAnna after she cut him at F3, but he remained out.

Trish was rejected by Jesse at F4. She crashed MandyJ's FD, but Jesse refused to spend the night with her, so Trished remained out of the process as well.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476631;
    She has no control over the editing. If Reid is F1, she is probably laughing at how they have mangaged to hide him especially compared with how open they were with her character in Jason's season.
    Maybe that's why she calls whoever "Mr. Invisible"...
    Last edited by muslady; 05-31-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: change wording
    ~In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain.~ George Szell

I think Jillian making a mistake and correcting it before it's too late - is too similar to the scenario we all just went through with Jason.

The reason I think it is all scripted is because in real life - if you were really interested in someone - why would you take a chance and walk away ? Just doesn't make sense - and if he is the one that hates all the guys - the HTD are when they all separate so that would not be a factor. He may leave and then change his mind and she may take him back - but he'll either go at F3 or keep the tension up and let Kip go at F3 and Ed would be F2.

If Ed has business obligations - or family emergnecy - then things will be different - but it doesn't sound like this - sounds like he is uncomfortable with the whole set up.

My question is - does he want out but the producers persuade (and pay) him to come back ? Or do the producers go to him and say - look you are close to being eliminated - do you want to make a deal and play into this scripted scenario ? When these scripted scenarios occur - I just wonder how they arrange the whole thing - can't arrange it before the whole thing starts because maybe the bach might end up falling in lvoe with them - is it after teh first night when some realize they are just not that interested ?