Page 23 of 302 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3476623;
    Given the fact that Jill said she saw the first 3 episodes and I'm banking on the fact that she saw the first episode before she picked her F1, don't you think it is obvious that Reid isn't in the F2? I'm a huge Reid fan, but I can't see them editing him out somewhat completely when the other guy (Kip or Ed) were pretty much shown equal amount in the first episode, probably Kip a little more. What do ya'll think?
    She has no control over the editing. If Reid is F1, she is probably laughing at how they have mangaged to hide him especially compared with how open they were with her character in Jason's season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476631;
    She has no control over the editing. If Reid is F1, she is probably laughing at how they have mangaged to hide him especially compared with how open they were with her character in Jason's season.
    Exactly. They also edited the first two episodes before she had made her final pick so it isn't as if they could decide to hide the F1 from the get go. They may have had an idea that Reid would very possibly be her final pick and that is why they hid him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3476635;
    Exactly. They also edited the first two episodes before she had made her final pick so it isn't as if they could decide to hide the F1 from the get go. They may have had an idea that Reid would very possibly be her final pick and that is why they hid him.
    We have found that most of the time they know going into the fantasy dates which is why the F1 often gets the most luxurious accomodations.

This situation with Ed sounds like it is producer generated to me, especially as the producers have been looking for a different twist each season. Now, I suppose something legitimate could possibly have come up since it did on Bob's season 4 when Meredith's grandmother died, but what are the odds of that against something being producer generated when they have been hankering to do something like this for quite a while?

Now, if Ed is truly somebody she liked right off the bat, then maybe even if it is producer generated, she might pick him for the F1 because she did like him that much from the beginning.

If this is really producer generated and only scripted to look like it is real, then I believe we may see Ed come back only to make it to F3 and be let go in Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476648;
    We have found that most of the time they know going into the fantasy dates which is why the F1 often gets the most luxurious accomodations.

This situation with Ed sounds like it is producer generated to me, especially as the producers have been looking for a different twist each season. Now, I suppose something legitimate could possibly have come up since it did on Bob's season 4 when Meredith's grandmother died, but what are the odds of that against something being producer generated when they have been hankering to do something like this for quite a while?

Now, if Ed is truly somebody she liked right off the bat, then maybe even if it is producer generated, she might pick him for the F1 because she did like him that much from the beginning.

If this is really producer generated and only scripted to look like it is real, then I believe we may see Ed come back only to make it to F3 and be let go in Hawaii.
    Bloomers I always love reading your posts, especially the editing ones because they help make things so much clearer to me, especially in this current season, which sure seems like an "editing smorgasbord" to my untrained eyes.
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Sunset;3476650;
    Bloomers I always love reading your posts, especially the editing ones because they help make things so much clearer to me, especially in this current season, which sure seems like an "editing smorgasbord" to my untrained eyes.
    Believe me, this one is a lulu! I have not conquered this one yet although I am working at it from every angle. When they threw in that extra set of dates in Spain, they threw me off.

Also, if Reid becomes F1, he will be the first F1 since the new editors (and their way of editing) began and with the changes made starting with Brad's season to have such a very late 1-1 date.

Chelesa as an F2 had a last episode 1-1 before HTS, but usually it is the F3s and F4s who have those under the new editors.

***However, this does not mean that I don't think Reid is F1. I haven't seen anything to indicate that yet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476659;
    Believe me, this one is a lulu! I have not conquered this one yet although I am working at it from every angle. When they threw in that extra set of dates in Spain, they threw me off.

Also, if Reid becomes F1, he will be the first F1 since the new editors (and their way of editing) began and with the changes made starting with Brad's season to have such a very late 1-1 date.

Chelesa as an F2 had a last episode 1-1 before HTS, but usually it is the F3s and F4s who have those under the new editors.

***However, this does not mean that I don't think Reid is F1. I haven't seen anything to indicate that yet.
    You are my sensei in this journey, and I am enjoying it more than I am the actual show. Frankly, I found the first couple of episodes very disjointed from an editing point of view, or from a story arc ,as it concentrated too much guy on guy. So, as one of your loyal grasshoppers, I will follow and learn!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3476660;
    You are my sensei in this journey, and I am enjoying it more than I am the actual show. Frankly, I found the first couple of episodes very disjointed from an editing point of view, or from a story arc ,as it concentrated too much guy on guy. So, as one of your loyal grasshoppers, I will follow and learn!

Some of you may enjoy this then. I get what is like a lead, and I start tracking it if it looks promising until it plays out. Now I kept questioning about Michael the other day until somebody could tell me that they had finally heard that he watched the Premiere with some friends.
    Now, it sounds crazy on the level to think of Jillian with a 25 year old, doesn't it? But, I am trying to find the F1 through the editing clues, and not through my own eyes and desires, so...
    I got to looking at some things, and Michael (yes! Michael!) exited out of the limo (edited) #8 same as Jesse and Ryan. On one of the toasts Michael is standing to the right looking over someone's shoulder, and Jillian is laughing at him. ( Many, many times the picture of the toast that is selected for us shows the Bach/ette smiling at the F1).
    There is a screencap with some writing in it ( can't remember exact words) but the jist is that when it lands on something like "win her heart" in the picture is Michael.
    In a picture where there is a group of them going somewhere, Reid is on one side, and Michael is on the other side of Jillian.
    He gets that Whistler 1-1 date, and we see him with a rose pinned on him.

I can't remember what else - there were about 6 clues, but when the word finally came that he was at home, I said well, "Drat!" and decided it was like one of those WORD FiNDS where you think you have found the word when you located the first 5 letters only to find out that the 6th letter is wrong, and you have hit a dead-end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476648;

The more I think about it, the more I agree that Ed's leaving is producer generated/encouraged. You're right, the producers always look for new twists; we as fans have always hoped our favorites would come back after untimely leave, and it's never happened, until now.
    The underlined part is something I've never considered until your post. You're right: if Ed becomes F1 after his return, that will be too easy, and Fleiss wants drama.
    We shall see.

That is something that I was thinking about too. If in fact Ed does leave and then comes back, I see everyone thinking if she allows him to come back, he's probably F1. And I'm sure they'd play it up well... to create the drama, but maybe in the end she picks someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3476673;
    Some of you may enjoy this then. I get what is like a lead, and I start tracking it if it looks promising until it plays out. Now I kept questioning about Michael the other day until somebody could tell me that they had finally heard that he watched the Premiere with some friends.
    Now, it sounds crazy on the level to think of Jillian with a 25 year old, doesn't it? But, I am trying to find the F1 through the editing clues, and not through my own eyes and desires, so...
    I got to looking at some things, and Michael (yes! Michael!) exited out of the limo (edited) #8 same as Jesse and Ryan. On one of the toasts Michael is standing to the right looking over someone's shoulder, and Jillian is laughing at him. ( Many, many times the picture of the toast that is selected for us shows the Bach/ette smiling at the F1).
    There is a screencap with some writing in it ( can't remember exact words) but the jist is that when it lands on something like "win her heart" in the picture is Michael.
    In a picture where there is a group of them going somewhere, Reid is on one side, and Michael is on the other side of Jillian.
    He gets that Whistler 1-1 date, and we see him with a rose pinned on him.

I can't remember what else - there were about 6 clues, but when the word finally came that he was at home, I said well, "Drat!" and decided it was like one of those WORD FiNDS where you think you have found the word when you located the first 5 letters only to find out that the 6th letter is wrong, and you have hit a dead-end.
    Ah, Bloomers, what a dedicatedand objective sleuther you are. And thorough.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch