Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3553985;
    If Reid is not the f1 at the end of this season what was the point of showing us all the details of their relationship starting with

joking at RC
    "Taurus and Capricorn are match made in heaven"
    "Hang in there"
    Reid fell head over hells for me today (on 1-1date snowboarding)
    I knew at that moment that I was crazy about him
    I felt like Reid was my boyfriend.
    I felt like he belonged in my life and I belonged in his life.
    There is one thing he does well and that's how he makes me feel.
    Reid excites me, he makes me feel like we'd be a team
    Reid and I fit so well together
    Reid makes me smile, he makes me comfortable
    "Just trust me"
    There is that mutual bubbly connection
    I feel like I am falling in love with Reid.
    I love who I am when I am with Reid
    That is something so special to me.
    I didn't know I could be so crazy about somebody and still feel so much like myself.
    She has my heart (in Spanish)
    I am confident about my relationship with Jillian, if I did not have that, I have nothing.

Why would they show us this relationship between Reid and Jillian this way, if he was just an f3 or f2 in the story?

Any thoughts?
    Plus in her blog after their 1-on-1 she says she felt refreshed after that day, and maybe she's onto something!

And she wanted to give his mom a hug to say "don't worry, I'll take care of your son"

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3553999;
    Really? You think Kip will be Final 1 over Ed?
    Yeah, I do...if, they are the final 2.

Frankly, I think Reid would be happy to see that Kiptyn was the F1 or Kiptyn would be happy if Reid was F1 and that's why they would be able to 'get over' Jillian easier.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3552820;
    The edit seems to be changing ever since Ed's return/Spain for both Ed and Kiptyn.

Kiptyn was the "chemistry" edit. We saw her say that she just wanted to make out with him. He has now moved into "Perfect" which was the kiss of death for Jake.

Ed has now moved to "chemistry" which was exhibited best by her saying she just wanted to make out with him. She said that exact same thing earlier about Kiptyn and some thought it was the kiss of death for Kiptyn. Will it be different for Ed since edit came in later for him?
    This season has been a series of revolving doors with guys leaving and returning. Then we have edits getting a bit of recycling too.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3553985;
    If Reid is not the f1 at the end of this season what was the point of showing us all the details of their relationship starting with...
    Why would they show us this relationship between Reid and Jillian this way, if he was just an f3 or f2 in the story?
    Any thoughts?
    Just adding more...

joking at RC... if he proposes she could also say "Uh, I don't know..." (laughing)
    "Taurus and Capricorn are match made in heaven" Knowing he's a Taurus, we know why he's slow making decisions. Plus side... once he makes up his mind, he sticks to it.
    "Hang in there": All other dates involve "hanging" literally; Reid just "hangs" emotionally.
    Reid fell head over hells for me today (on 1-1date snowboarding)... and father Larry repeats the "head over heels" metaphor
    I knew at that moment that I was crazy about him... actually the SECOND she had a "spark"... talk about FAST!
    I felt like Reid was my boyfriend
    I felt like he belonged in my life and I belonged in his life. I guess she did say that, I'll have to look for it...
    Reid excites me, he makes me feel like we'd be a team: "Once you're a team, then you figure it out." Ah yes... Teams. Rhonda likes teams also.
    Reid makes me smile, he makes me comfortable i.e. the permagrin
    "Just trust me": I loved how she made a big issue on screen about both Kip and Ed keeping their clothes on during the cuddle moments... more proof that this show is edited to keep the RJ relationship going through the AFRC. (In season #1, Charlie stated twice in interviews that he did not have "sexual" relations with Trista... to prevent any suspicions with a watching Ryan.)
    There is that mutual bubbly connection, as if scripted by Preston Sturges
    I feel like I am falling in love with Reid. He said he thought he was too after the hometown date. Convinces me that the whole "commitment" thing is simply exaggerated to create "suspense"
    I love who I am when I am with Reid: This seams to be the most popular statement of hers on this forum... several posts have brought it up
    I didn't know I could be so crazy about somebody and still feel so much like myself.: goes along with two lines above
    She has my heart (in Spanish): that line was a bit icky for me... but you knew he meant it
    I am confident about my relationship with Jillian, if I did not have that, I have nothing. One of the recaps outside this forum made a joke about this line, but have we heard Ed say anything this vulnerable yet?

Theme of the season comes from the train attendant (I know, I've repeated it too many times): "You don't want to regret it. If she's the one, you'll never forget her and you'll always think that you should have told her how you felt."

Jillian, concerning Rhonda: "After our conversation, I felt like I wanted to give her a hug... maybe just to let her know that I'd try to take care of her son or that I was good for her son."

Uh-oh... that biological clock again!

Jillian (ep #1): I talked to my mom the other day ...She was cute. She cheered up and said "Just bring us a great Prince Charming. I'm ready to have grandchildren."
    Rhonda to Jillian (ep #7): ... and the kids just gravitate to Reid. So, we're thinking maybe Reid's going to get married someday and have kids, so all the nieces and nephews can play together... but, whatever!

Reid & his "challenge": "It feels good and it's a surprise to be progressing in this relationship so quickly. This has been a very short period of time. Right now, the way I feel tonight, it's great. It's, like, perfect. It could be love, but I'm not there yet to say it to her. Sometimes I don't even know I'm in love. I need a push, like, I AM in love."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3554574;
    Just adding more...

joking at RC... if he proposes she could also say "Uh, I don't know..." (laughing)
    "Taurus and Capricorn are match made in heaven" Knowing he's a Taurus, we know why he's slow making decisions. Plus side... once he makes up his mind, he sticks to it.
    "Hang in there": All other dates involve "hanging" literally; Reid just "hangs" emotionally.
    Reid fell head over hells for me today (on 1-1date snowboarding)... and father Larry repeats the "head over heels" metaphor
    I knew at that moment that I was crazy about him... actually the SECOND she had a "spark"... talk about FAST!
    I felt like Reid was my boyfriend
    I felt like he belonged in my life and I belonged in his life. I guess she did say that, I'll have to look for it...
    Reid excites me, he makes me feel like we'd be a team: "Once you're a team, then you figure it out." Ah yes... Teams. Rhonda likes teams also.
    Reid makes me smile, he makes me comfortable i.e. the permagrin
    "Just trust me": I loved how she made a big issue on screen about both Kip and Ed keeping their clothes on during the cuddle moments... more proof that this show is edited to keep the RJ relationship going through the AFRC. (In season #1, Charlie stated twice in interviews that he did not have "sexual" relations with Trista... to prevent any suspicions with a watching Ryan.)
    There is that mutual bubbly connection, as if scripted by Preston Sturges
    I feel like I am falling in love with Reid. He said he thought he was too after the hometown date. Convinces me that the whole "commitment" thing is simply exaggerated to create "suspense"
    I love who I am when I am with Reid: This seams to be the most popular statement of hers on this forum... several posts have brought it up
    I didn't know I could be so crazy about somebody and still feel so much like myself.: goes along with two lines above
    She has my heart (in Spanish): that line was a bit icky for me... but you knew he meant it
    I am confident about my relationship with Jillian, if I did not have that, I have nothing. One of the recaps outside this forum made a joke about this line, but have we heard Ed say anything this vulnerable yet?

Theme of the season comes from the train attendant (I know, I've repeated it too many times): "You don't want to regret it. If she's the one, you'll never forget her and you'll always think that you should have told her how you felt."

Jillian, concerning Rhonda: "After our conversation, I felt like I wanted to give her a hug... maybe just to let her know that I'd try to take care of her son or that I was good for her son."

Uh-oh... that biological clock again!

Jillian (ep #1): I talked to my mom the other day ...She was cute. She cheered up and said "Just bring us a great Prince Charming. I'm ready to have grandchildren."
    Rhonda to Jillian (ep #7): ... and the kids just gravitate to Reid. So, we're thinking maybe Reid's going to get married someday and have kids, so all the nieces and nephews can play together... but, whatever!

Reid & his "challenge": "It feels good and it's a surprise to be progressing in this relationship so quickly. This has been a very short period of time. Right now, the way I feel tonight, it's great. It's, like, perfect. It could be love, but I'm not there yet to say it to her. Sometimes I don't even know I'm in love. I need a push, like, I AM in love."
    Wow! I wish I could put it in writing as well as you do.

This season is so wonky, it's hard to explain.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3554524;
    Yeah, I do...if, they are the final 2.

Frankly, I think Reid would be happy to see that Kiptyn was the F1 or Kiptyn would be happy if Reid was F1 and that's why they would be able to 'get over' Jillian easier.
    I don't think Ed is leaving at f3 esp. if he is the one who is back to bring the drama in the end. Kip and Reid have a friendship and we've seen it on the show. So they will be happy for the other if they are Jillian's f1.

I'm sure after the finale we will see two scenarios.

1. This season was truly wonky - with all the ups and downs plus f3s turning into f1s etc.

or

2. There was an F1 all along. They needed all the drama (wanna be stars, people leaving and returning, people ratting out others, etc etc etc) to
    a). make interesting TV, b.) create a side story line c.) confuse Jillian d.) push Jillian and her indended choice to crystalize their feelings for each other.

I strongly suspect it is 2 .
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3554606;

Atem - don't knock yourself. I love your posts and I think you do very well!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3554606;

Aww Thank you for the "WOW". Actually, I like the way everything this season fits together. This season was brilliantly put together with a LOT of thought and creativity. (I just feel bad for those getting negative edits... like Juan and, sometimes, Wes.)

I now understand why Reid was MIA in episode #1. (BTW... I have the feeling that Jillian was 70% certain of her final decision by the time it aired.) Many think the Mr. Invisible theme was overdone by Team Reiders, but it appears that the "match made in heaven" speech in episode #2 sounded better for a F1's first "serious" 1 on 1. Also, the wrap up party kiss was probably dropped to emphasize the fireside one later. It doesn't matter as much to general viewers as it does to us that the line "It was slow. It was soft. It was so romantic. It was perfect." was describing the wrong kiss.

The hometown in Philadelphia was the icing on the cake. In fact, I don't recall any past HD that was as brilliantly executed like that one. It was clear they were "selling" Reid's family to Jillian's parents, who are watching this at the same time as the rest of us.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by halfpintdynamit;3554641;
    Atem - don't knock yourself. I love your posts and I think you do very well!
    Agree!