Page 20 of 302 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3473123;
    I'll certainly agree about the body language. How many times have we complained about Fleiss showing us the wrong love story, i.e., the F2's story with the Bach/ette rather than the F1's?
    It wouldn't be possible for us to believe in the F2 story if the Bach/ette's body language with that person was false. Instead the Bach/ette is having a marvelous time making out and "canoodling" ( I love that old fashioned word) with the F2 for all the world as if he/she is going to be the F1. Even when I know for a fact who the F1 is, the body language with the F2 is convincing most of the time.

The majority of the time what is in the edit is important to the outcome of the story. However, I also agree that as the format changes and the producers buy, cast, and script characters to tell a story they make up rather than as in the days of old to film the show and then to go back and edit the film on hand into a story, the edit is becoming more and more difficult to read. Alas, as the edit becomes more difficult to read, the show becomes less "real" as well.
    The only bachelorette whose body language to me was really obvious was Meredith. When she was with Matt, her F2, she always had her lips tightly puckered and her legs crossed, even when her words conveyed the opposite. I think she was so into Ian that she couldn't bear to be physical with anyone else. Most of the other 'ettes may have a F1 picked out, but are willing to "canoodle" with a few hunky others, especially since the producers are "making them".

And it just makes it so much hard to analyze when the canoodling is with the F20, not just the F2. . .
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

ABC loves the word "canoodle" too. It's been in the episode recap vault for a long time and they bring it out some seasons, if not all. Might be interesting to see how they've used it in the past and with which couples.

ca·noo'dler n. : Akin to English dialectal canoodle, donkey, fool, one who is foolish in love.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

When Jilly and Reid were having 1 on 1 time at the pre-rose ceremony cocktail party, did they show Jilly in a PI talking about what she thinks of Reid like they did with Kip?
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3473686;
    When Jilly and Reid were having 1 on 1 time at the pre-rose ceremony cocktail party, did they show Jilly in a PI talking about what she thinks of Reid like they did with Kip?
    Not that I know of. I recall her PI was talking about the vote and how she likes to make a person feel special or something like that.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3473686;
    I don't recall seeing a PI from Jilly in ep #1 or #2 where she talks about Reid. Hopefully we will see one in ep #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3473770;
    I don't recall seeing a PI from Jilly in ep #1 or #2 where she talks about Reid. Hopefully we will see one in ep #3.
    Thanks atem and Jano!!! I remember the PI's were usually a good indication of who the bachelor/ette was feeling it for the most but it is still early.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Just a thought. I keep noticing that a handful of the guys jill kisses, she initiates the kiss. The only one i've seen not to do this is Jake.

Even when some of them are sitting, they are leaning away from her...like when she chatted with Kip in the last episode and there is also a sc of her and Mark talking. Mark looks like he can't get further away from her. Then there's Wes, who, well, need I say more?

Anyway, looking at the sc's of Jill and Reid, Reid leans into Jilli ALOT. He's one of the few who is obviously there for her.

I just get the vibe, from what has been edited, that about 3/4 of the men here are really not that into her.

FORT Fanatic

Agreed. The edit makes it seem like Jillian has the “hots” for Kip (well, she does), Wes (ick), and Jake (when trying on clothes)…that’s it.