Thread: Edit Analysis

  1. #1941
    FORT Fanatic cfck2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    536

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3548715;
    I feel so much of last night was producer script driven and came out of nowhere. It's weird, it's as if some of the VOs sounded like they came straight from stuff that I've read on this board, too. I wonder if they have had her back in the studio recently.

    Also, if you go back and listen to what she has said over the past few weeks about all of the F3 and even Wes - she has practically said the same thing about each of them - just on a different episode.

    Since rumor has it that there's no love connection and that she's just dating the F1, how does all this talk about needing to be engaged come into play at the end?
    That's the vibe I got too. It's like Jillian's need for affirmation that's subtly been there all along has suddenly exploded and completely dominated the trip to Spain. It was the dominating theme for each date. I respect Kip and Reid for not just catering to what Jillian wanted to hear and thought it was a sign of them approaching this like a normal person (in an admittedly weird Fleissian setup) should. I got the vibe Kip was a little put off by the overriding seriousness of it all. Maybe I was projecting but during the RC I felt like it was dawning on Kip that to be F1, he'll probably have to move faster than he wants and say things he's not sure he feels. I don't expect he'll be willing to, at least enough for Jillian's (scripted?) satisfaction.

    I got the vibe Reid's more willing to indulge Jillian on this but not to the point that he'll say something he doesn't feel. He doesn't seem as bothered by the neediness as Kiptyn for some reason because Reid's focused more on his own possible shortcomings in a relationship. I do think he could've been more specific than he was shown being but overall, he came off really well last night.

    I continued to get the trying too hard vibe with Ed and despite the physical chemistry I just didn't get the vibe Jillian was really listening to his words. For the first time I thought Ed was getting an edit that was tilted to the physical a la early Kiptyn (when Jillian was saying of Kip that she didn't even remember what he said, she just wanted to make out with him). That being said Ed is the only one who seems willing to tell Jillian what she wants to hear.

    As horrible as Wes's character was last night, I have to point out that he could have tried to take advantage of the situation by kissing up and telling Jillian what she wanted to hear. In fact based on his character on the show, I feel like we were being led to expect that. Instead he apparently went cold and cruel, withheld all affection to the point that Jillian was practically begging for it from him. I think it's because this was his agreed upon exit point. Whatever it is, it was all so sudden that it seemed really producer-driven to me.

    This goes along with something I said in a long post last week but last night's episode gave me more reasons to think that there's no love story here that the producers can tell so they're overcompensating by trying to invent one. IMO that would mean Ed as F1 because it's likely to come down to who's most willing to be the producer pawn and feed Jillian all this ridiculous commitment crap that Kip and Reid have hedged from so far.

    Despite their likely portrayal as having "failed" or having had cold feet, I hope Kip and Reid don't second guess themselves and try to come back with a proposal. A relationship shouldn't be based on trying to accelerate to a point you don't sincerely believe you're ready for and it's obvious neither of them is at that point yet. Nor should they be given the circumstances. I'm more suspicious of someone who acts like he is.

  2. #1942
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Edit Analysis

    A couple of thoughts/perceptions:

    I believe Jillian certainly wants to know where she stands with each of these men. If she is sensing any doubt at all, she will either want the feelings of doubt confirmed or negated. Having said that, I also believe that this is the point in the show that TPTB pressure her to get the guys to gush their feelings and intentions for her. If they follow Jason's Bach season, the next episode would be the show where they show Jill a video with a message from each guy. I recall all 3 women telling Jason they loved him in their messages (I could definitely be wrong though!).

    I believe Jill had her "head on straight" when she declined the FS with them. We know that she went to the FS with all three, but I don't think she did the "nasty" with any of them. She gave sound reasoning to them as to why she wanted/needed to decline and there seems to be an emotional, not just physical, aspect to this level of intimacy for her. She did make the statement to Reid (not sure about Kip or Ed) that there would be opportunity for this intimacy coming up (paraphrased).

    There is a part of me that wonders if Jill knows she wants to pick Reid as her F1, but will let him go at F3. Let me elaborate on that in a moment. I think their connection always existed, from day 1, but really gained momentum on their 1:1 and to an even greater extent on their HTD. I don't believe for one moment that she feels strictly friendship for him. I believe she started to fall in love with Reid, perhaps to her surprise, on the HTD and knew she wants him for her F1. Now is the part that will have the Ed lovers down my throat. What if TPTB said, fine you ultimately choose Reid as your F1 - engagement or date in the real world - whatever, but we don't want a traditional path to the FRC. And so the script writing began... How Reid ends up as her F1 after being let go at F3, I could come up with several scenarios, but I have know clue how it would play out.

    On a final note, let's keep in mind that most feel Kip either bows out or will just not propose and in my opinion Ed likely isn't interested in a relationship with Jill beyond the show, whatever his reasons may be. (I'm still not convinced his storyline isn't scripted - right down to FRC if he's in the F2) If this is true, then nobody is hurt in the end anyways.

  3. #1943
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3549528;
    That's the vibe I got too. It's like Jillian's need for affirmation that's subtly been there all along has suddenly exploded and completely dominated the trip to Spain. It was the dominating theme for each date. I respect Kip and Reid for not just catering to what Jillian wanted to hear and thought it was a sign of them approaching this like a normal person (in an admittedly weird Fleissian setup) should. I got the vibe Kip was a little put off by the overriding seriousness of it all. Maybe I was projecting but during the RC I felt like it was dawning on Kip that to be F1, he'll probably have to move faster than he wants and say things he's not sure he feels. I don't expect he'll be willing to, at least enough for Jillian's (scripted?) satisfaction.

    I got the vibe Reid's more willing to indulge Jillian on this but not to the point that he'll say something he doesn't feel. He doesn't seem as bothered by the neediness as Kiptyn for some reason because Reid's focused more on his own possible shortcomings in a relationship. I do think he could've been more specific than he was shown being but overall, he came off really well last night.

    I continued to get the trying too hard vibe with Ed and despite the physical chemistry I just didn't get the vibe Jillian was really listening to his words. For the first time I thought Ed was getting an edit that was tilted to the physical a la early Kiptyn (when Jillian was saying of Kip that she didn't even remember what he said, she just wanted to make out with him). That being said Ed is the only one who seems willing to tell Jillian what she wants to hear.

    As horrible as Wes's character was last night, I have to point out that he could have tried to take advantage of the situation by kissing up and telling Jillian what she wanted to hear. In fact based on his character on the show, I feel like we were being led to expect that. Instead he apparently went cold and cruel, withheld all affection to the point that Jillian was practically begging for it from him. I think it's because this was his agreed upon exit point. Whatever it is, it was all so sudden that it seemed really producer-driven to me.

    This goes along with something I said in a long post last week but last night's episode gave me more reasons to think that there's no love story here that the producers can tell so they're overcompensating by trying to invent one. IMO that would mean Ed as F1 because it's likely to come down to who's most willing to be the producer pawn and feed Jillian all this ridiculous commitment crap that Kip and Reid have hedged from so far.

    Despite their likely portrayal as having "failed" or having had cold feet, I hope Kip and Reid don't second guess themselves and try to come back with a proposal. A relationship shouldn't be based on trying to accelerate to a point you don't sincerely believe you're ready for and it's obvious neither of them is at that point yet. Nor should they be given the circumstances. I'm more suspicious of someone who acts like he is.
    I get the feeling that Ed is a lot like Ryan(Trista)...ordinary guy with no other purpose (fireman and Computer Tech), Ed recomended by his mom, Ryan by friends because they thought it was a match, Ryan very awkward in front of camera, but seemed totally into the girl, talked commitment way ahead of the others, it was stated she had "a sparkle" when around Ryan....

  4. #1944
    FORT Regular Taddy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    103

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by CaFan;3549213;
    Just guessing here...maybe Fleiss thinks an extraordinary, romantic, developing love story is way too boring!
    From the way the past few season's have been going I'd have to agree with you there. Too bad he doesn't realize that you CAN have it both ways. Have the extraordinary romanic old fashioned love story. Throw in maybe one truly "different" person for some drama (and by that I mean someone stable mentally but otherwise has a bit of a temper/is a drama centered person in general whatever naturally nothing that MF PAID them to do) and then you have drama that unfolds naturally in the house or on dates and is believable and watch-able and will make for good TV and provide that show that is our "vice".

  5. #1945
    FORT Regular Taddy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    103

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3549611;
    I get the feeling that Ed is a lot like Ryan(Trista)...ordinary guy with no other purpose (fireman and Computer Tech), Ed recomended by his mom, Ryan by friends because they thought it was a match, Ryan very awkward in front of camera, but seemed totally into the girl, talked commitment way ahead of the others, it was stated she had "a sparkle" when around Ryan....
    see!! Myself and quite a few of my friends have been thinking that way too. (they are non-FORt-ers and I haven't had the heart to break their by telling them of all the rumor's flying around about ED).

    I remember watching Trista's season and many people doubting her decision in Ryan thinking that she had so much more chemistry with Charlie, when in fact I caught on to her relationship with Ryan from the get-go. Then again this is the show I really really watch..ha ha.

    Now I am much more reserved to think the same of ED as much as I want to, just because of the rumors that have been posted on here by credible sources. I really really WANT him to be that guy, because if I had NOT been online and read all this, that is how I would have read him(how you described him above).

    Last night with Jillian saying how she just wanted to make out with him all the time and them editing them as the "make-out" couple, surprised me!!!! I really thought the "time" was truly lost for ED but I guess not. She , from the edit - seemed bonkers for ED. And honestly I think why they didn't show a ton of talking from Ed on camera (and more make-out from them) is because Ed is uncomfortable around the cameras(like Ryan). And he probably talked to Jillian much more freely and openly on the FD/overnight "clothes on" date!

  6. #1946
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3549597;
    A couple of thoughts/perceptions:

    I believe Jillian certainly wants to know where she stands with each of these men. If she is sensing any doubt at all, she will either want the feelings of doubt confirmed or negated. Having said that, I also believe that this is the point in the show that TPTB pressure her to get the guys to gush their feelings and intentions for her. If they follow Jason's Bach season, the next episode would be the show where they show Jill a video with a message from each guy. I recall all 3 women telling Jason they loved him in their messages (I could definitely be wrong though!).

    I believe Jill had her "head on straight" when she declined the FS with them. We know that she went to the FS with all three, but I don't think she did the "nasty" with any of them. She gave sound reasoning to them as to why she wanted/needed to decline and there seems to be an emotional, not just physical, aspect to this level of intimacy for her. She did make the statement to Reid (not sure about Kip or Ed) that there would be opportunity for this intimacy coming up (paraphrased).

    There is a part of me that wonders if Jill knows she wants to pick Reid as her F1, but will let him go at F3. Let me elaborate on that in a moment. I think their connection always existed, from day 1, but really gained momentum on their 1:1 and to an even greater extent on their HTD. I don't believe for one moment that she feels strictly friendship for him. I believe she started to fall in love with Reid, perhaps to her surprise, on the HTD and knew she wants him for her F1. Now is the part that will have the Ed lovers down my throat. What if TPTB said, fine you ultimately choose Reid as your F1 - engagement or date in the real world - whatever, but we don't want a traditional path to the FRC. And so the script writing began... How Reid ends up as her F1 after being let go at F3, I could come up with several scenarios, but I have know clue how it would play out.

    On a final note, let's keep in mind that most feel Kip either bows out or will just not propose and in my opinion Ed likely isn't interested in a relationship with Jill beyond the show, whatever his reasons may be. (I'm still not convinced his storyline isn't scripted - right down to FRC if he's in the F2) If this is true, then nobody is hurt in the end anyways.
    Aha! A twist on the Jason/Mel/Molly ending. Could definitely work. Fits with Freedom's scoop about Kip wiggling out of F1, Ed has no intention of being F1, and Reid becomes F1 in a unique way. Also jives with my feeling that the whole Ed returning scenario is totally scripted. All the players would have to be "in on it" and, as you say, nobody is hurt in the end anyway. Something to think about . . .

  7. #1947
    Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Ed is NOTHING like Ryan. Please, please don't even go there.
    We need not think alike to love alike

  8. #1948
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3549710;

    Aha! A twist on the Jason/Mel/Molly ending. Could definitely work. Fits with Freedom's scoop about Kip wiggling out of F1, Ed has no intention of being F1, and Reid becomes F1 in a unique way. Also jives with my feeling that the whole Ed returning scenario is totally scripted. All the players would have to be "in on it" and, as you say, nobody is hurt in the end anyway. Something to think about . . .
    This scenario sounds worse than Jason's ending....so Ed is all ready to propose, ring picked out, and then the F3 guy comes back and says he wants to marry her, so she drops Ed like a lead balloon...I sure wouldn't want to be Ed or Reid in this scenario if she picks Reid....

  9. #1949
    FORT Fogey Starshine_16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3549731;
    Ed is NOTHING like Ryan. Please, please don't even go there.
    Thank you I was going to say that.There is not even a comparasin between Ryan and Ed.No comparasin whatsoever.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

  10. #1950
    FORT Fogey deidre1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3549744;
    This scenario sounds worse than Jason's ending....so Ed is all ready to propose, ring picked out, and then the F3 guy comes back and says he wants to marry her, so she drops Ed like a lead balloon...I sure wouldn't want to be Ed or Reid in this scenario if she picks Reid....
    Yup, but it would go against what she has said in her interviews. She said she knew a few days before what she needed to do. She will not pick the person who comes back and proposes; but she will tell her F1 that since she was already proposed to that day that she just wants to date in the real world first.

    Thank you I was going to say that.There is not even a comparasin between Ryan and Ed.No comparasin whatsoever.
    ITA, Ed is definitely no Ryan
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.