Page 19 of 302 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 3020

Thread: Edit Analysis

  1. #181
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3472090;
    His anger just seems a little too natural to be an act. JMO
    I agree. The editing only exaggerates whatever tendencies a person already brings to the table, it doesn't make things up out of whole cloth. The producers picked David for a reason to showcase as the hothead, as opposed to say, Jesse or Reid. I don't believe in his real life he goes around picking fights at random, but he is very opinionated and definitely appears to have a short fuse, perhaps exacerbated by the alcohol. Classic hothead.
    Last edited by ironcat; 05-28-2009 at 10:59 AM.

  2. #182
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,892

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3472080;
    Makes sense. Otherwise you can't have knowledge of what the editing might look like before you've actually seen the show aired.
    I may be mistaken, but it seems like I remember reading where somebody had read on Megan's Myspace (or whatever social network she has) where she indicated that she had been "tipped off" a little ahead of time by somebody on the staff that her editing was going to be pretty tough ( I guess this was their way of trying to be nice for the way they were about to treat her). If so, maybe somebody also clued in David to be prepared.

    I want to give credence to the (woman) poster who works with all males who stated that this is just the way that men talk with other men, but it has to be noted that generally in life (as predominantly on this show) there are many women in a group, and that kind of talk is appalling to the feminine nature.

    I am in agreement that this is one of life's difficult lessons, but maybe David's friend can find a tactful way of sharing that the folks on the editing thread at the FORT understand the edit but suggest that he might want to consider being a little more discreet in voicing some of his more volatile thoughts.

    He is a good-looking guy , but I have to tell you that the talk would turn me off.

    Mellow out some, David, and have a great life!

  3. #183
    FORT Regular painauchocolat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    101

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Bloomers, I have followed your posts for the past few seasons and find your insights to be thought provoking. Just curious what your thoughts are about Robby. If we are talking about editing an "invisible" man, I see that Robby is almost as invisible as Reid. In addition, it appears that he is also not just a bartender but a university grad with a Sales Consultant job at American Biological Technologies.

    I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the posts but I don't think anyone has determined that he has been eliminated. I'm wondering if you see him as having a rising story line as you have suggested we need to watch for that. Any insight you might have into Robby's edit would be much appreciated.

  4. #184
    FORT Fogey cheekychook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in the Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3472099;
    I may be mistaken, but it seems like I remember reading where somebody had read on Megan's Myspace (or whatever social network she has) where she indicated that she had been "tipped off" a little ahead of time by somebody on the staff that her editing was going to be pretty tough ( I guess this was their way of trying to be nice for the way they were about to treat her). If so, maybe somebody also clued in David to be prepared.

    I want to give credence to the (woman) poster who works with all males who stated that this is just the way that men talk with other men, but it has to be noted that generally in life (as predominantly on this show) there are many women in a group, and that kind of talk is appalling to the feminine nature.

    I am in agreement that this is one of life's difficult lessons, but maybe David's friend can find a tactful way of sharing that the folks on the editing thread at the FORT understand the edit but suggest that he might want to consider being a little more discreet in voicing some of his more volatile thoughts.

    He is a good-looking guy , but I have to tell you that the talk would turn me off.

    Mellow out some, David, and have a great life!
    Sure guys talk guy-trash when they are in groups, but in all the seasons of this show we have never had another contestant who gave out quite so many hostile sound bites (though they certainly made sure to let us hear Jesse Csincsak saying he wanted to kick people in the ^&( and punch them in the neck)---if there had been another one, I'm sure it would have been edited into the show---they love to use whatever they can to highlight any character traits that they have the material to exaggerate, particularly if the actions make the person look like a mentally unstable buffoon. Of course they edit what everyone says to dramatize it, but you can see him saying these things---if he hadn't said them, they couldn't be playing them up now.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

    Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

  5. #185
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,892

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by painauchocolat;3472114;
    Bloomers, I have followed your posts for the past few seasons and find your insights to be thought provoking. Just curious what your thoughts are about Robby. If we are talking about editing an "invisible" man, I see that Robby is almost as invisible as Reid. In addition, it appears that he is also not just a bartender but a university grad with a Sales Consultant job at American Biological Technologies.

    I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the posts but I don't think anyone has determined that he has been eliminated. I'm wondering if you see him as having a rising story line as you have suggested we need to watch for that. Any insight you might have into Robby's edit would be much appreciated.

    Things began to change after Brad's season. With the deviation from the norm at the FRC, it appears that Fleiss decided to continue and push the envelop as far as he could, and the edit reflected it.

    In Matt's season the F1, Shayne, was so obvious that we just didn't want to accept it -not only from the editing clues but from all the inside industry clues, etc.

    DeAnna's season's turned everything upside down when Graham left midseason, and she chose another, Jesse, who was the least likely F1 that there as ever been in the history of the franchise. He also had the worst edit with his voiced threats of violence and his rumored girlfriend that could never really be squashed. The love story was not plausible, and the edit did not support it.

    I personally believe as others do that Jason was cast in DeAnna's season as the single father to be groomed as the next Bachelor.

    Of course, Jason's season was the weirdest of them all, and the editing was completely screwed up which it is when there is something wrong with the supposed love story. I have always stated that the editing patterns show that Molly, not Melissa, was the intended F1 way up to a certain point in the season. At that point, the editing went haywire. I believe at that point because of the way the editing went that Fleiss suggested to Jason as has been hinted that he take Melissa and then do the flipflop later with Melissa offered the next Bachelorette as he had been offered the Bachelor - which of course she didn't take. (Notice I say the editing patterns and not the screencaps which clearly showed Melissa at the FRC as F1 and Molly as F2)

    This season's editing is very difficult because the format has changed. We have 30 guys, and we are having trouble narrowing down whether we have 4 or 5 HTs. We have that extra Spanish interlude thrown in before the FDs. It is the guys with HT dates that you start watching the rising storylines. Some of them will continue, and some of the storylines will stall, but who are they? And, who goes to Spain?

    She is obviously attracted to Robby. That shows in the western pic where it looks like he maybe picks her up and kisses her.

    I don't have a VCR, so I don't have the first eppie taped. What do we hear from Robbie during the M & G? If he is to be the F1, there has to be a connection made fairly quickly. Even Melissa's connection was shown by the 2nd episode last season.

    What does she say to him during the 2nd episode? If he is F1, there will be at least a little interaction shown during each episode.

    Does he get a 1-1 date? No one who has ever been a bonafide F1 has ever gotten there without a 1-1 date before the HTs.

    We need to nail down the Spain dates as well.

    I hope this helps!

  6. #186
    Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3472171;

    I don't have a VCR, so I don't have the first eppie taped. What do we hear from Robbie during the M & G? If he is to be the F1, there has to be a connection made fairly quickly. Even Melissa's connection was shown by the 2nd episode last season.

    What does she say to him during the 2nd episode? If he is F1, there will be at least a little interaction shown during each episode.
    IIRC, Robby and Jillian didn't have any interaction the first show other than the greeting. In the 2nd episode, you see Robby making 2 Rosmo's (his signature drink), doing the "cocktail" schtick at the egging of the guys, then he brings them over to Jillian. He sits down with her, gives her her drink, tells her what they are, she says they are a Robert/Cosmo drink. He says he's been anxious to talk to her, she says what do you want to talk about, they go back and forth a bit and have a very small chit chat until Wes comes up to them and rudely interrupts. Convo over. Then later we see Robby semi-confronting Wes about the fact that Wes already has a rose and Robby didn't have a chance to talk to her the whole RC, that was his chance.
    We need not think alike to love alike

  7. #187
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,892

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3472183;
    IIRC, Robby and Jillian didn't have any interaction the first show other than the greeting. In the 2nd episode, you see Robby making 2 Rosmo's (his signature drink), doing the "cocktail" schtick at the egging of the guys, then he brings them over to Jillian. He sits down with her, gives her her drink, tells her what they are, she says they are a Robert/Cosmo drink. He says he's been anxious to talk to her, she says what do you want to talk about, they go back and forth a bit and have a very small chit chat until Wes comes up to them and rudely interrupts. Convo over. Then later we see Robby semi-confronting Wes about the fact that Wes already has a rose and Robby didn't have a chance to talk to her the whole RC, that was his chance.
    The only thing I could see from that is the similarity between his Robert/Cosmo drink and her Hotdog theory as a unique way to meet and get to know people.

    We can't throw him out yet! He is good looking!

  8. #188
    Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3472191;
    The only thing I could see from that is the similarity between his Robert/Cosmo drink and her Hotdog theory as a unique way to meet and get to know people.

    We can't throw him out yet! He is good looking!
    Oh totally! I think he might be in it for the long haul.
    The other thing you might be interested in is that both Robby and Reid were shown in the exact same way. They both meet Jillian privately at the RC on one of those chaise things away from the others. They both have a small conversation and both get interrupted by someone. Wes in Robby's case, Juan in Reid's case. They both have an interesting "hook" in their convos. Robby it's the drink. Reid it's the astrology connection. They both also mentioned their ages. Robby tells her he's 25. Reid tells her he's turning 30. The only difference was that Jillian came to Reid, Robby came to Jillian.

    I find this very interesting...
    We need not think alike to love alike

  9. #189
    Summer Break bamabrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Globally
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3468633;
    Everything in the edit is there for a reason.
    A Merchant and Ivory production, this ain't. The edit moves in broad brush strokes (a la Jasper Johns) with a lot of red herrings that go nowhere in circles or with sharks that go for the big jump.

    Sometimes the reason is that they want to leave in a bunch of strands that they can tie up, tangle, or leave untied at the end, depending on what happens in the not-so-usually-happy Ever After After After Afters.

    As this show has gone through its various permutations, I put less stock in the edit and less stock in reading the body language too. That's not to say that we don't have adept readers here. It's that the script is cooperating less and less with logic and reality tv.

  10. #190
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,892

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3473049;
    A Merchant and Ivory production, this ain't. The edit moves in broad brush strokes (a la Jasper Johns) with a lot of red herrings that go nowhere in circles or with sharks that go for the big jump.

    Sometimes the reason is that they want to leave in a bunch of strands that they can tie up, tangle, or leave untied at the end, depending on what happens in the not-so-usually-happy Ever After After After Afters.

    As this show has gone through its various permutations, I put less stock in the edit and less stock in reading the body language too. That's not to say that we don't have adept readers here. It's that the script is cooperating less and less with logic and reality tv.
    I'll certainly agree about the body language. How many times have we complained about Fleiss showing us the wrong love story, i.e., the F2's story with the Bach/ette rather than the F1's?
    It wouldn't be possible for us to believe in the F2 story if the Bach/ette's body language with that person was false. Instead the Bach/ette is having a marvelous time making out and "canoodling" ( I love that old fashioned word) with the F2 for all the world as if he/she is going to be the F1. Even when I know for a fact who the F1 is, the body language with the F2 is convincing most of the time.

    The majority of the time what is in the edit is important to the outcome of the story. However, I also agree that as the format changes and the producers buy, cast, and script characters to tell a story they make up rather than as in the days of old to film the show and then to go back and edit the film on hand into a story, the edit is becoming more and more difficult to read. Alas, as the edit becomes more difficult to read, the show becomes less "real" as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.