Page 16 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3471674;
    That would probably solve the mystery of Ed in the fountain. That would be very interesting.
    Somebody help me. I remember seeing her shake Ed's hand and greet him. Did we hear an interaction between them at the M & G? If so, what was it?

It's important to establish a connection ( physical, emotional, sexual, chemistry, etc) for your F4 (F5 this season?). Before last season with Melissa it always happened at the M&G, but even then the connection was established during the 2nd episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3471661;
    Ok, now, somebody help me here. I was on the DWTS Board up through the finale and missed a lot of the preview stuff. Did I read ( or am I imagining it) that something is going to happen this season that has never happened before?

What other kinds of things have been said about the season like that? Those kinds of things will indirectly help me with the edit.
    One of the things I remember is that Chris said that whatever happens half-way through is something they all have to work through. I have no idea what he means. It doesn't sound good though.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3471685;
    Somebody help me. I remember seeing her shake Ed's hand and greet him. Did we hear an interaction between them at the M & G? If so, what was it?

It's important to establish a connection ( physical, emotional, sexual, chemistry, etc) for your F4 (F5 this season?). Before last season with Melissa it always happened at the M&G, but even then the connection was established during the 2nd episode.
    Yes, they sat on a couch and he told her that his mother had watched the show and convinced him to come on in order to meet Jillian. Then he said he had been focusing his time on his career which is why he isn't in a relationship now (something like that) and Jillian said that she too had focused on establishing her career and had let relationships slide for a bit (badly misquoted but the general idea).
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3471682;
    I've seen that clip somewhere else and it's Wes. 100%. Think it is either before or after Jakes meltdown.
    My bad it's the one from 5/18 part one, look at the clothes of them on the couch and of Jake out on the balcony. It just doesn't look like Wes hugging her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3471689;
    One of the things I remember is that Chris said that whatever happens half-way through is something they all have to work through. I have no idea what he means. It doesn't sound good though.
    right, well if Ed came back it would be something they all have to work through, the other guys might have trouble accepting she'd take someone back who "left" her

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3471699;
    Yes, they sat on a couch and he told her that his mother had watched the show and convinced him to come on in order to meet Jillian. Then he said he had been focusing his time on his career which is why he isn't in a relationship now (something like that) and Jillian said that she too had focused on establishing her career and had let relationships slide for a bit (badly misquoted but the general idea).

If Ed is in the F4 (or F5 as the case this season may be) then that discussion between them establishes a definite emotional connection in the edit since they are indicating to each other that up to this point careers have been more important than love in their lives, but now they see love as important as their careers.
    There is some kind of a teaser in the episode description that indicates that they again talk about their careers on their upcoming date.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3471710;
    If Ed is in the F4 (or F5 as the case this season may be) then that discussion between them establishes a definite emotional connection in the edit since they are indicating to each other that up to this point careers have been more important than love in their lives, but now they see love as important as their careers.
    There is some kind of a teaser in the episode description that indicates that they again talk about their careers on their upcoming date.
    but if he's F4 or F5, do you think he quits & comes back, or the info on him leaving is false? If he really is in the F4/5, then he takes Reid's place as invisible man!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3471460;
    Thanks! This is a great place to remind everybody that we know because we have heard former contestants say it that when you see/hear those PIs, most of the time the contestants are answering unheard (often provocative) questions from unseen producers standing off to the side. The questions ( that we don't hear are usually very leading).

Example:

Producer to David (unheard by us): Juan just emptied his shot glass. What do you think of that?
    David's response that we heard....

Producer to David (unheard by us): Does that make you feel like reacting in any particular kind of way?

David's response about tying Juan to a tree and beating him.....

From what we heard, they rarely just pop up with stuff to say on their own when they are on the camera. They are answering specific producer questions in certain ways.

Also, we heard from a couple of very candid contestants in Andy Baldwin's season that if the contestant would agree to rat on or talk smack on someone else in an unpleasant manner in a PI, the contestant talking was promised a reward, i.e., freetime with headphones and music or something that was treasured when stacked up against the idea that they are allowed no tv, radio, computers, electronic anything. They are supposed to think and talk about the Bach/ette.

OMG - are you serious?
    I wonder how all this took place. I have posted a couple trying to defend David because I do know him and he is looking like a crazed mad man.
    David did try to some what warn me about the editing. But I never dreamed it would be this bad/good, however you want to look at it.

Man, I almost can't wait until he is kicked off now just so I can get some inside poop scoop.. LOL

I also notice that when all of the guys are together, David is usually just hanging out in the back ground and laughing at the other guys and then BOOM he looks crazy.

The producer also decided not to show you his "A" game. He is an excellent BB player and can shoot 3 ponters like no other - think thats why he got the special jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHereInOhio;3471730;
    OMG - are you serious?
    I wonder how all this took place. I have posted a couple trying to defend David because I do know him and he is looking like a crazed mad man.
    David did try to some what warn me about the editing. But I never dreamed it would be this bad/good, however you want to look at it.

Man, I almost can't wait until he is kicked off now just so I can get some inside poop scoop.. LOL

I also notice that when all of the guys are together, David is usually just hanging out in the back ground and laughing at the other guys and then BOOM he looks crazy.

The producer also decided not to show you his "A" game. He is an excellent BB player and can shoot 3 ponters like no other - think thats why he got the special jersey.
    He may be a nice guy and good friend but he still came up with the 'tie him to a tree and beat the %$# out of him" line - that's a bit over the top for anyone.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3471713;
    but if he's F4 or F5, do you think he quits & comes back, or the info on him leaving is false? If he really is in the F4/5, then he takes Reid's place as invisible man!
    You know, Jillian called the guy she is going to pick "the invisible man" because she had not seen him yet. From there we jumped on the idea that the editing was going to make F1 "the invisible man". Now if Reid is F1, compared to seasons past where we had met the F1 at M&G interactions and in Ep. 2 group dates, than Reid is indeed somewhat of an "invisible man."
    However, we haven't nailed down the F1, and we can't say that the editing theme is "the invisible man" either.

Reid, indeed may be F1, but I am reminded of Jen Sheft's Bachette 3 season. She had a Bach named Ryan who everybody adored. People talked about him like they do about Reid, and we kept waiting and kept waiting to see more of him. We thought it was always "just around the corner", but actually there wasn't that much to see, I guess. He ended up as what I call one of the "wonderful F3s".

The same thing happened with Amanda in Bach 12 Matt's season. She was F3 as well, and we could tell by the screencaps that they really got along great and we kept waiting to see them on the show, but there was really wasn't much to see. She too was a "wonderful F3."