Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

She sometimes speaks so quickly and her tongue moves back and forth in her mouth before she speaks (I really noticed on the Jesse dinner date) and she tries really hard to always be "up".
    Most Canadians have been accused of speaking quickly. Had a cab driver in southeast asia who very quickly pegged me as Canadian rather than American because of my speed of talking.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3515460;
    Most Canadians have been accused of speaking quickly. Had a cab driver in southeast asia who very quickly pegged me as Canadian rather than American because of my speed of talking.
    Hey I am from NYC and I dare anyone to speak faster than one of us. But then again I know Americans who actually do not consider NYC as part of the USA: LOL I actually have never thought she talked particularly fast. Now her grammar is another topic for another day...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3515209;
    Reid's "Taurus and Capricorn are a match made in heaven", her "kiss was perfect", "I'm the one doing the testing, you are doing good", "I want you to hang in there" all these quotes were seen spoken by them - no VO or PI taken out of context. I thought then and still do think it is very significant and wonder why the "match made in heaven" was left in there.
    These lines are all excellent F1 "evidence". Those convinced Ed will be F1 will disagree here. That's OK. I understand. Feedback is good.

All right... roll up your sleeves folks, I'm going to get wordy...

The "kiss" line is interesting because Jillian describes it in surprising detail (contrasted to Kip's, simply dubbed "making out"). Of course, we sleuthers here know the fireside kiss (complete with Hollywood style orchestration) was not really the first. A previous one was cut from the wrap up party (when an "invisible" Mark and "visible" Juan were interrupting) and then there was the Western movie date...

NOW... the Western movie set kisses are another interesting story and, once again, serve as excellent F1 indicators. Even though Jillian said they "didn't count" in her Regis/Kelly interview, it is very weird that only Robby (whom Reid said last week was just a "friend" and not a threat when he joined her on a snowmobile) received a rose for his kissing. This group date was constantly trumpeting Reid's "bad boy" kiss with a TON of fanfare... first, we see him reading his script and TALKING about getting a kiss from her; second Juan asks who gets the first "smooch" and GUESS WHO'S NAME IS MENTIONED! Just in case you can't see his face under the hat, the producers made it DAMN OBVIOUS it was Reid getting the "You boys have been bad" full frontal attack. Mark received no credit for his second one... he's simply "now you!".

Adding more F1 evidence ON TOP OF THIS... The entire group watch the finished movie after the hot-tub (and Tanner's foot orgy) and ONLY ONE KISS IS SHOWN. Somebody calls out to Reid: "Hey, he got some!" Cue Reid's surprised, but pleased, look.

Coincidence? HECK NO!!!!!

There are lots of other "little things" which are NOT products of our over zealous imaginations. I personally think (yes, I'm careful with my words) that the "re-dub" in the last episode involving "physical" and "emotional" starts was done personally by her for some reason. Why? Not sure. Maybe because there will be some "physical mishap" down the road that might affect the whole "intimacy" business... I don't know. She wanted to make a point that the physical was always OK to begin with. At least in hindsight.

We could go on and on with these "details". Several posts have noted the curious editing of rose ceremonies. There's the onscreen omission of the snowmobile accident documented on two online recaps. (I hope there's no other "accident" forthcoming.)

Now I'm still confused as to why Wes gets mentioned before or after two key 1 on 1s Reid has with Jillian, but I guess that is an important story development some of you can elaborate on. It is interesting that he mentions Wes twice to her in conversation, albeit in a joking way (but she can see quite clearly that Wes is on Reid's mind). For some reason, everybody else discusses Wes "with the boys" instead (at least according to the Fleiss edit). Even Tanner stays closed-mouth when he spills the girlfriend drama.

I'm not even going to start with the whole Mr. Invisible routine here. Despite his limited time on screen, every scene of him appears carefully edited with great precision.

Why?
    Last edited by Jack Benny Fan; 06-22-2009 at 12:02 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3515575;
    These lines are all excellent F1 "evidence". Those convinced Ed will be F1 will disagree here. That's OK. I understand. Feedback is good.

The "kiss" line is interesting because Jillian describes it in surprising detail (contrasted to Kip's, simply dubbed "making out"). Of course, we sleuthers here know the fireside kiss (complete with Hollywood style orchestration) was not really the first. A previous one was cut from the wrap up party (when an "invisible" Mark and "visible" Juan were interrupting) and then there was the Western movie date...
    Would someone mind filling me in on the previous Reid/Jillian kiss which was cut? Do we have screencaps or...? I've read a few comments referencing this kiss now but no actual detaiils!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TurbanLegend;3515616;
    Would someone mind filling me in on the previous Reid/Jillian kiss which was cut? Do we have screencaps or...? I've read a few comments referencing this kiss now but no actual detaiils!
    Someone on here has the SC of the kiss as their avatar. They kissed at the JW wrap party, while they were on the white chair. We were led to believe that they were interrupted by Juan before they could kiss.
    It was actually Mark who interrupted them and they did kiss. Exhibit A in the world of creative editing!

I also believe there is a really good chance they kissed during their 1:1 time during the Vancouver RC party (before the gf drama hit), but it was also edited out. No proof of that...
    Last edited by HardSpun; 06-22-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3515460;
    I'm from Oklahoma and we speak rather slowly but have no trouble understanding New Yorkers that speak quickly. However, I was on a business trip in Mexico and we had some "Newfies" (that's what they called themselves) that were there working with us and I'm sure they got tired of me asking to repeat themselves It wasn't just the fast talking but the accent as well was very different from what I am used to. I also thought it was funny and kind of cute that they would pluralize everything and use incorrect tenses. Like, "when I gets home..."
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TurbanLegend;3515616;
    Page 58 on the Reid spoiler thread... Cupcakes #577 has the screencaps. Sorry... I'm not good at bringing them over. Somebody will do it soon.

It was included in a preview, but not the actual episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3515648;
    Page 58 on the Reid spoiler thread... Cupcakes #577 has the screencaps. Sorry... I'm not good at bringing them over. Somebody will do it soon.

It was included in a preview, but not the actual episode.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3515654;
    On a side note...what is Reid drinking here? It looks nasty!

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

Quote Originally Posted by black_tears;3515655;
    On a side note...what is Reid drinking here? It looks nasty!
    LOL I was just thinking that myself. Appletini?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook