Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

I think that whole scene with the "problem has to do with Ed. The screne caps look like it is him with Jillian, and when she says it she is dressed in some tropical get up. She also says something like the one person who I have the most connection with (Ed), the romance isn't there in that setting. I think Reid words that he failed her has to do with something totally different. The producers are fooling us.

FORT Regular

I am not familiar with the Bachelor/ette editing, but in Survivor they always have a "winning quote" from the winner in the first couple of episodes like "I'm on top of the world". So I am always looking for that kind of quotes. In the second episode, Reid says they "are a match made in heaven" astrologically. That sounds like a winning quote to me. Also, in the third episode, Jillian says that her kiss with Reid was "perfect". In a season when there is a lot of kissing involved, that is significant.
    Last edited by quebecoise; 06-21-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise;3515181;
    I am not an familiar with the Bachelor/ette editing, but in Survivor they always have a "winning quote" from the winner in the first couple of episodes like "I'm on top of the world". So I am always looking for that kind of quotes. In the second episode, Reid says they "are a match made in heaven" astrologically. That sounds like a winning quote to me. Also, in the third episode, Jillian says the her kiss with Reid was "perfect". In a season when there is a lot of kissing involved, that is significant.
    Me too. There's a reason the show decided on that quote from Reid to be said.

I am not familiar with the Bachelor/ette editing, but in Survivor they always have a "winning quote" from the winner in the first couple of episodes like "I'm on top of the world". So I am always looking for that kind of quotes. In the second episode, Reid says they "are a match made in heaven" astrologically. That sounds like a winning quote to me. Also, in the third episode, Jillian says that her kiss with Reid was "perfect". In a season when there is a lot of kissing involved, that is significant.
    I think we can add Mr. Invisible to that list as well
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3515193;
    Me too. There's a reason the show decided on that quote from Reid to be said.
    Reid's "Taurus and Capricorn are a match made in heaven", her "kiss was perfect", "I'm the one doing the testing, you are doing good", "I want you to hang in there" all these quotes were seen spoken by them - no VO or PI taken out of context. I thought then and still do think it is very significant and wonder why the "match made in heaven" was left in there.

There are also a couple of SCs of Reid and Jillian and the other guys including Tanner and Ed watching them that makes me wonder if there is more to Reid and Jillian than we've seen before.

Epi 6 will only clarify things about their relationship edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3514207;
    All of this has tentatively been discussed, but I needed to condense it into one post. Just listing some quotes needing analysis from brainy FORTers. I'm tired of trying to "interpret"...

The audio "meat" of the "Exploitation" Preview (and ignoring the screencaps):

1.) Reid VO: Obviously I would love to spend the night there and wake up with her in the morning...
    2.) Chris Harrison VO: It's EVERY guy's worst nightmare.
    3.) Jillian VO: My fantasy suite date was not exactly how BOTH of us had planned.
    4.) Chris Harrison VO: When one of the bachelors experiences a certain problem in the bedroom
    5.) Reid VO: I feel like I failed. My fears got in the way of the moment.
    6.) Jillian VO (said over a Hawaii shot of her sitting... unrelated?): Why? That one person that everything was there that I couldn't wait to be with in this setting//but the romance just wasn't there.
    7.) Chris Harrison to Jillian (Hawaii): I guess this overwhelming pressure has really affected the physical intimacy of your relationship.
    8.) Jillian PI (Hawaii): I wish so bad I had more time to know for sure.

Obviously the Jillian and CH quotes involve more than one person.
    Why would #2 mention EVERY guy? Obviously, this is a physical "accident", not psychological.
    I'm guessing that line #6 is actually two separate quotes.
    If Reid hasn't already mentioned failing Jillian in an earlier episode as previously mentioned, it may be something along the lines of him failing to be as adventurous as Jillian and going on a zipline or something. He mentioned that his family is not really adventurous and he would like to be more adventurous. Maybe he's afraid of heights and got physicially ill while on one of the adventure dates. Would it be a guy's worst nightmare that he looks like a wuss in front of a woman he really likes and that he can't do what so many bachelors before him have done with Jillian?

Separate topic, but I wonder if Jillian might not have twinges of bi-polar disorder and she needs to do the adventurous, adrenalin-pumping things in order to keep herself from dipping into depressions. She sometimes speaks so quickly and her tongue moves back and forth in her mouth before she speaks (I really noticed on the Jesse dinner date) and she tries really hard to always be "up".

Was Melissa's edit with Jason pretty physical? I always thought it was. I'm just wondering if Kip's edit isn't such a bad thing. You can really tell Jill digs Kip and you could tell Jason digged Melissa
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3515275;
    If Reid hasn't already mentioned failing Jillian in an earlier episode as previously mentioned, it may be something along the lines of him failing to be as adventurous as Jillian and going on a zipline or something. He mentioned that his family is not really adventurous and he would like to be more adventurous. Maybe he's afraid of heights and got physicially ill while on one of the adventure dates. Would it be a guy's worst nightmare that he looks like a wuss in front of a woman he really likes and that he can't do what so many bachelors before him have done with Jillian?

Separate topic, but I wonder if Jillian might not have twinges of bi-polar disorder and she needs to do the adventurous, adrenalin-pumping things in order to keep herself from dipping into depressions. She sometimes speaks so quickly and her tongue moves back and forth in her mouth before she speaks (I really noticed on the Jesse dinner date) and she tries really hard to always be "up".

Reid hasn't stated anything about failing so far. It's in a future episode.

Jillian had to be 'up' all the time and it's emotionally exhausting. I mean, Jason looked tired most of the time himself.

The problem with that is that they were only down to the f3 when they aired the season preview. Often they have a quote from a f2 date or even the FRC but that was impossible this season.

I did listen to both previews again to see what I hadn't noticed before and there is one quote that I think is Ed saying "I think she'll be completely shocked". I wonder if it's when he comes back?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3515286;
    Reid hasn't stated anything about failing so far. It's in a future episode.

Jillian had to be 'up' all the time and it's emotionally exhausting. I mean, Jason looked tired most of the time himself.
    We haven't seen him state that, however they could easily cut him saying that from the curling date for example, and splice it into the preview for later episodes to add to the drama & suspense