Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

There is an article posted this afternoon in the Media Thread where the writer takes apart the Wes preview tape for this coming episode. She basically labled him Snidley Whiplash (going with the Canadian theme) and wondered who would be Jillian's Dudley Doright? So, it's still within the theme of the good guys (punctuated by Jake in Vancouver) versus the bad guys (punctuated by David in Vancouver.) Good vs. Bad had been a common Bach/ette theme until the past few seasons. It looks as though it has now made a comeback big time. In this season they have a damsel in distress who needs rescuing. One who says in PIs that both Jake (on their 1:1) and Ed (on their 1:1) are the sort of men she can turn her life over to..in other words, keep her safe and secure from the Snidleys or the Snidley situations of the world.

The good vs. bad theme plays out in black and white until Wes leaves, but what then? Who becomes the one who fails to untie the damsel from the train tracks, and who becomes the one to save her in the nick of time? The editing in Hawaii will have to be more subtle as all three guys are seen as good guys. You might think Ed jumps out as her savior because of her statement on their 1:1; however, that was said in Episode 3 before the Finale took place...so does his hero status remain intact, or do one of the other two rise to that level?

I think we have to wait for Hawaii to see who fails her and who saves her...it's still too early to tell; plus TPTB have to put Snidley Whiplash in jail once and for all.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

You know when Jillian said that her and Reid have a "physical connection" she first sounded like she was going to say emotional. Did she really mess up there or did they edit for her to say physical connection rather than emotional connection.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3514034;
    You know when Jillian said that her and Reid have a "physical connection" she first sounded like she was going to say emotional. Did she really mess up there or did they edit for her to say physical connection rather than emotional connection.
    They switched out both words, replacing emotional with physical and in the second part, physical for emotional In other words, she said that they had the emotional connection but she was looking for the physical connection.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3514044;
    They switched out both words, replacing emotional with physical and in the second part, physical for emotional In other words, she said that they had the emotional connection but she was looking for the physical connection.
    Thanks. I find that interesting. Why don't they want us to know that her and Reid connect emotionally. Are they going to be giving him a physical edit now? I'm wondering if that will be the "excuse" if she lets him go. It can't be because the "physical" isn't there because they edited to seem like they are physically connected. I mean if it is Reid that has the "problem" in the bedroom, why not leave it that they are having a hard time connecting physically.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3514048;
    Thanks. I find that interesting. Why don't they want us to know that her and Reid connect emotionally. Are they going to be giving him a physical edit now? I'm wondering if that will be the "excuse" if she lets him go. It can't be because the "physical" isn't there because they edited to seem like they are physically connected. I mean if it is Reid that has the "problem" in the bedroom, why not leave it that they are having a hard time connecting physically.
    They seem to be editing to make it look like Reid has a problem - when in reality - it is most likely someone else - sure will take folks off his track that he couldn't possibily be F1
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3514044;
    Are you sure? I thought she just flubbed her lines?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3514117;
    Are you sure? I thought she just flubbed her lines?
    Was this from the last episode that Jillian said this about Reid?

FORT Fanatic

All of this has tentatively been discussed, but I needed to condense it into one post. Just listing some quotes needing analysis from brainy FORTers. I'm tired of trying to "interpret"...

The audio "meat" of the "Exploitation" Preview (and ignoring the screencaps):

1.) Reid VO: Obviously I would love to spend the night there and wake up with her in the morning...
    2.) Chris Harrison VO: It's EVERY guy's worst nightmare.
    3.) Jillian VO: My fantasy suite date was not exactly how BOTH of us had planned.
    4.) Chris Harrison VO: When one of the bachelors experiences a certain problem in the bedroom
    5.) Reid VO: I feel like I failed. My fears got in the way of the moment.
    6.) Jillian VO (said over a Hawaii shot of her sitting... unrelated?): Why? That one person that everything was there that I couldn't wait to be with in this setting//but the romance just wasn't there.
    7.) Chris Harrison to Jillian (Hawaii): I guess this overwhelming pressure has really affected the physical intimacy of your relationship.
    8.) Jillian PI (Hawaii): I wish so bad I had more time to know for sure.

Obviously the Jillian and CH quotes involve more than one person.
    Why would #2 mention EVERY guy? Obviously, this is a physical "accident", not psychological.
    I'm guessing that line #6 is actually two separate quotes.
    Last edited by Jack Benny Fan; 06-20-2009 at 11:27 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3513318;
    You've hit the nail on the head here. They needed Jill's emotion to make the story believable. I agree that Ed's role in this series was set out/up from the beginning and was confirmed when he asked to keep the rose. I believe he knew before he left that he would be coming back to finish playing his role. However, the one thing we don't know for certain are his actual feelings for her. My gut says she isn't a fit for him, but I could be wrong. I believe Ed will be in the F2 and I would be surprised if he was F3 because that wouldn't provide the cliffhanger ending that MF wants.
    Yeah...what are those feelings??? One can only wonder... If Ed's feelings are sincere toward Jill, then I can't think of one reason he'd have trumped up a reason to leave her visably upset. I don't believe she was "in the know" of what I believe was contrived 'drama' for the sake of the show. You would just not "trick" someone you have an interest in. On the flip side - perhaps Ed suddenly looks more attractive to Jill - because... he is now unavailable. She's dealing with emotions that his job is more important than her - - and his leaving prompts more time to think about it/him - etc. The "unreachable" tends to have a tempting side to it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3513336;
    Love your criticism. Keeps all of us objective and not look at things with "Reid-colored" or "Ed-colored" glasses.

Just one simple question: Are you SURE each 1 on 1 has the "same light weight witty repartee"? I do believe there is "something up" in their relationship... contrary to what she says, the emotional/communication end is perfect, but the intimacy end is developing in opposition to Kip's relationship. I'm predicting that this will be Reid's edited "drama"... viewers will wonder if the private aspect of their relationship will pass a very public (millions watching) test.
    That is a very good point. I don't see much difference in Reid's edit to Jesse's at this point. He was rather invisible - and what most believed was 'kept in the game' because he was "why would she even keep a guy like that" - confusing when comparing him to someone like Jeremy. I well remember the feeling and the reaction - when DeYawna picked Jesse because there never was enough air time to allow the viewers to get to know him all that well or understand why she chose him.

Of course, we uncovered the cruxt of the 'drama' when discovering she had a change of heart and they did a reshoot of the finale rose ceremony. I'd suspect there will be a similar ending - leaving viewers either, 1) baffled, 2) pissed, 3) thoroughly entertained by the continued lunacy of the show, or 4) blissfully indifferent.