Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3512957;
    I disagree with alot of what you are saying - and until the playing fields are equal - ie - after this monday night when Reid has his 1n1 - it appears that Ed actually has had less time with Jillian than Reid - we didn't see any of the footage of Ed in the house (who is to say that they even had much time together during that time) - and there have been few short spirts or PI's of Ed for the past few episodes. After Reid's 1n1 - the playing field will alot more even and may change some things.
    Jeremy talked about being in the mansion in DeAnna's season. You get to spend a lot of time together getting to know each other including breakfast and later in the evening after dates. Ed mentions it at the RC there that week plus they're clearly closer than just a 1 on 1 date would indicate. I'm not sure if you're talking screen time or alone time but Ed did have 1 on 1 time with Jillian at all the RC's. Reid's screen time wasn't all that memorable for the average viewer imo. Obviously we're going to disagree on Reid but Ed's clearly been shown to be very important to Jillian so when he returns it will be a big deal. I don't know for sure if he'll be f1 but if not him it will most likely be Kip.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3512977;
    Jeremy talked about being in the mansion in DeAnna's season. You get to spend a lot of time together getting to know each other including breakfast and later in the evening after dates. Ed mentions it at the RC there that week plus they're clearly closer than just a 1 on 1 date would indicate. I'm not sure if you're talking screen time or alone time but Ed did have 1 on 1 time with Jillian at all the RC's. Reid's screen time wasn't all that memorable for the average viewer imo. Obviously we're going to disagree on Reid but Ed's clearly been shown to be very important to Jillian so when he returns it will be a big deal. I don't know for sure if he'll be f1 but if not him it will most likely be Kip.
    YES, I can not agree more with that statement (bolded above). ED is clearly being shown as IMPORTANT so when he RETURNS it will be a BIG DEAL. That means he is significant to the story they wish to portray, which does not equal him being "the one" in the end.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3512982;
    YES, I can not agree more with that statement (bolded above). ED is clearly being shown as IMPORTANT so when he RETURNS it will be a BIG DEAL. That means he is significant to the story they wish to portray, which does not equal him being "the one" in the end.
    I'm not saying it does but I was commenting on Capegal's statement about the playing field leveling when Reid has his 1 on 1 date. I do think the odds are fairly good on Ed being f1 with the storyline of him leaving and returning plus how intimate they look in their upcoming dates.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3512977;
    Can't compare this season to D's season - they are completely different - since you can't really say how much time any of them have had with 1n1 - and until the playing field is level - essentially after all of the 1n1's are completed - it is hard to say who/which of the leaders are really really toping the list - i disagree with you on the fact that just because it may be obvious that Ed has more time - that may not be the case in reality - he may have an advangtage having been in the mansion - but that may not put him ahead of the game in all areas.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3512945;
    Meredith used to do that with Matthew too. It looks good but is effective in keeping your distance. I agree that she often goes for a hug with him. There's nothing wrong with a hug but she has a tendency to do that with the guys she's not as close with like Jesse and Michael. I really do think she's giving Reid a chance now but wonder why he only got short 1 on 1 times, no group date roses, and one week with no date? I just think someone who's a potential f1 would have had more time with Jillian. I don't think there's much to hide at this point when you only get 5-10 mins alone time a week and twice if you're lucky.
    Be careful to not fall for the edit. It is historically inaccurate and designed to be very deceiving. Past contestants have all said that there were hours of off-screen time together as they waiting for staging and lighting and such. Think back even no farther than DeYawna - we saw very little of Jesse and nearly zero time with the two of them together in comparison to everyone else - yet therein was F1.

Ed is the drama card being played. They had to do something because the show has not been that interesting - Jason really deflated the enthusiasm for the fans. Consider everyone else being 'sequestered' and not allowed outside contact, email, etc... yet... Ed was - after all these seasons? His boss was (a) allowed to call him and (b) even knew the number to reach him at? Or was Ed the only person permitted to carry his personal phone. Add to that the "I'll keep the rose" comment - which is the 'open door' for Ed to be ushered in and that is all a part of the 'scripting'.

The show's appeal is "finding love" - something every human being on the planet seek and desire. The foundation is all about ratings and ratings equates to money. The edit - fully focused on keeping the attention of the viewers - giving them a few crumbs of truth and spending the rest of the time focused on deception.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaGeorge;3513042;
    Be careful to not fall for the edit. It is historically inaccurate and designed to be very deceiving. Past contestants have all said that there were hours of off-screen time together as they waiting for staging and lighting and such. Think back even no farther than DeYawna - we saw very little of Jesse and nearly zero time with the two of them together in comparison to everyone else - yet therein was F1.

Ed is the drama card being played. They had to do something because the show has not been that interesting - Jason really deflated the enthusiasm for the fans. Consider everyone else being 'sequestered' and not allowed outside contact, email, etc... yet... Ed was - after all these seasons? His boss was (a) allowed to call him and (b) even knew the number to reach him at? Or was Ed the only person permitted to carry his personal phone. Add to that the "I'll keep the rose" comment - which is the 'open door' for Ed to be ushered in and that is all a part of the 'scripting'.

The show's appeal is "finding love" - something every human being on the planet seek and desire. The foundation is all about ratings and ratings equates to money. The edit - fully focused on keeping the attention of the viewers - giving them a few crumbs of truth and spending the rest of the time focused on deception.
    Thank you STELLA - you said what I couldn't
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 4health;3511181;
    Thanks.....I am really trying to figure out the possibilities of Ed's departure. I think it was harder for him with all the guys and the situation then it was really the work situation. I look forward to see the edit change since he is gone and who will take his place with the little digs that he was saying when it came to Wes.....it looks like Jake will be the heat......
    I suspect that too... The work issue is a good front, but I think that there is more to it. Just watching his behavior that last episode and the comments he made that were never aired: "I hate these guys". "I'm not comfortable here. I have to leave".

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3513020;
    Can't compare this season to D's season - they are completely different - since you can't really say how much time any of them have had with 1n1 - and until the playing field is level - essentially after all of the 1n1's are completed - it is hard to say who/which of the leaders are really really toping the list - i disagree with you on the fact that just because it may be obvious that Ed has more time - that may not be the case in reality - he may have an advangtage having been in the mansion - but that may not put him ahead of the game in all areas.
    I agree with your POV... just because they only show 2 minutes of 1 on 1, doesn't mean that the 1 on 1 time was actually only 2 minutes. There are hours and hours of time spent together lying on the cutting-room floor...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Inconnu;3513047;
    I suspect that too... The work issue is a good front, but I think that there is more to it. Just watching his behavior that last episode and the comments he made that were never aired: "I hate these guys". "I'm not comfortable here. I have to leave".
    Ever wonder how Ed was the only person allowed outside contact? Didn't all contestants know the amount of time from beginning to end, had to agree upon it and shut down their worlds in order to be on the show? Why was Ed the only exception in all these seasons? And how does he join up with the rest of the crew when he does return? (1) His own money? (2) How would he know where they were shooting or staying? (3) How would he know the shooting schedule to "suddenly appear" at just the right time - - ?????? The only way is for the producers to tell him - and arrange for him to be there - aka, setting the stage for this season's drama. It's a deceptive as every other season -

Quote Originally Posted by StellaGeorge;3513053;
    Ever wonder how Ed was the only person allowed outside contact? Didn't all contestants know the amount of time from beginning to end, had to agree upon it and shut down their worlds in order to be on the show? Why was Ed the only exception in all these seasons? And how does he join up with the rest of the crew when he does return? (1) His own money? (2) How would he know where they were shooting or staying? (3) How would he know the shooting schedule to "suddenly appear" at just the right time - - ?????? The only way is for the producers to tell him - and arrange for him to be there - aka, setting the stage for this season's drama. It's a deceptive as every other season -

That is exactly what I have been saying and thinking myself - there is no way that Ed could have managed to do this - without TPTB doing it for him - the same will go for Jake when he is seen in Austin - all producer managed
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON