Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3512705;
    Not to mention she has her legs draped over him too!
    And the entwined fingers when holding hands
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thought I'd bring this over here....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Max64
    I was thinking about this today, which had me a bit puzzled... From an edit standpoint I'm wondering why we haven't seen more of Ed if he's to be one of the final guys.

Ed
    M&G 1-1 time
    Epidose 3 1-1 date
    Episode 5 1-1 time, him leaving

Kip
    M&G 1-1 time
    Ep 2 1-1 time
    Ep 3 1-1 time (JW wrap party)
    Ep 4 1-1 date
    Ep 5 1-1 time

Reid
    Ep 2 1-1 time
    Ep 3 1-1 time
    Ep 4 1-1 time
    Ep 5 1-1 time
    To me, it just seems that they didn't show much of Ed until the episode he decided to leave... and if he's to be "the one" I would think they would have shown him more, to establish more of a connection with the viewers. To me Kip and Reid have been the steady ones with 1-1 time, which I would think is more significant

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3512714;
    And the entwined fingers when holding hands
    Yeah, I would say there is more going on there than just "friends". There is no denying the way he looks at her!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3512728;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thought I'd bring this over here....

Ed
    M&G 1-1 time
    Epidose 3 1-1 date
    Episode 5 1-1 time, him leaving

Kip
    M&G 1-1 time
    Ep 2 1-1 time
    Ep 3 1-1 time (JW wrap party)
    Ep 4 1-1 date
    Ep 5 1-1 time

Reid
    Ep 2 1-1 time
    Ep 3 1-1 time
    Ep 4 1-1 time
    Ep 5 1-1 time
    To me, it just seems that they didn't show much of Ed until the episode he decided to leave... and if he's to be "the one" I would think they would have shown him more, to establish more of a connection with the viewers. To me Kip and Reid have been the steady ones with 1-1 time, which I would think is more significant
    Interesting post. I should add that the time ratio for each 1-1 varies considerably and each guy is treated like a different story-within-a-story.

There are lots of Eddie scenes with the other guys, but you are right... not much of him with Jillian. However, his two moments were quite lengthy and dramatic. One date involved dangling over the LA skyline, the other a sudden exit with an emotional "high". This means we're in for some BIG drama when he returns. There is nothing neutral about his scenes... expect either heavy passion or Dead Zone in the future episodes.

Oddly, we have more footage for Kip than anyone else, but so much of it is surprisingly repetitive. Apart from kayaking to market, these become a bit of a blur... all slurpy kissing. I guess their relationship was firmly established early and really isn't going anywhere or changing dramatically. For some reason, I think Ed's return will not affect this relationship all that much.

The Reid moments have a cinematic, chronological development: starting with casual joking at the first rose ceremony, progressing to a timid "first" kiss ("I feel like I'm in High School") to almost in-synch communication (already discussing kids and finishing each others' sentences). Each scene shows increasing intimacy, but in stages from Point A to Point B, etc. The future competition of a returning Ed will certainly "upset the apple cart". Obviously, this will be another "test" Jillian will thrust onto him on the "rocky road to romance".

Always the story they want to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3512916;
    Interesting post. I should add that the time ratio for each 1-1 varies considerably and each guy is treated like a different story-within-a-story.

There are lots of Eddie scenes with the other guys, but you are right... not much of him with Jillian. However, his two moments were quite lengthy and dramatic. One date involved dangling over the LA skyline, the other a sudden exit with an emotional "high". This means we're in for some BIG drama when he returns. There is nothing neutral about his scenes... expect either heavy passion or Dead Zone in the future episodes.

Oddly, we have more footage for Kip than anyone else, but so much of it is surprisingly repetitive. Apart from kayaking to market, these become a bit of a blur... all slurpy kissing. I guess their relationship was firmly established early and really isn't going anywhere or changing dramatically. For some reason, I think Ed's return will not affect this relationship all that much.

The Reid moments have a cinematic, chronological development: starting with casual joking at the first rose ceremony, progressing to a timid "first" kiss ("I feel like I'm in High School") to almost in-synch communication (already discussing kids and finishing each others' sentences). Each scene shows increasing intimacy, but in stages from Point A to Point B, etc. The future competition of a returning Ed will certainly "upset the apple cart". Obviously, this will be another "test" Jillian will thrust onto him on the "rocky road to romance".

EXCELLENT perspective on all of the guys!! And I do agree with how you described all 3 and their status at this point
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3512600;
    Jillian seems comfortable and amused by Reid but she leans away from him or goes for hug when he tries for a kiss or when he gets too close. So...I think maybe they've connected in a friend way but not in any other way. Probably why he doesn't get much airtime. If they showed all of their interaction, it'd highlight the lack of physical attraction on Jill's part.

I really WON'T be surprised if Wes makes it far just by process of elimination.
    I just watched the video and said the same thing you said to some of my friends. I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3512705;
    Not to mention she has her legs draped over him too!
    Meredith used to do that with Matthew too. It looks good but is effective in keeping your distance. I agree that she often goes for a hug with him. There's nothing wrong with a hug but she has a tendency to do that with the guys she's not as close with like Jesse and Michael. I really do think she's giving Reid a chance now but wonder why he only got short 1 on 1 times, no group date roses, and one week with no date? I just think someone who's a potential f1 would have had more time with Jillian. I don't think there's much to hide at this point when you only get 5-10 mins alone time a week and twice if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3512945;
    Meredith used to do that with Matthew too. It looks good but is effective in keeping your distance. I agree that she often goes for a hug with him. There's nothing wrong with a hug but she has a tendency to do that with the guys she's not as close with like Jesse and Michael. I really do think she's giving Reid a chance now but wonder why he only got short 1 on 1 times, no group date roses, and one week with no date? I just think someone who's a potential f1 would have had more time with Jillian. I don't think there's much to hide at this point when you only get 5-10 mins alone time a week and twice if you're lucky.
    I disagree with alot of what you are saying - and until the playing fields are equal - ie - after this monday night when Reid has his 1n1 - it appears that Ed actually has had less time with Jillian than Reid - we didn't see any of the footage of Ed in the house (who is to say that they even had much time together during that time) - and there have been few short spirts or PI's of Ed for the past few episodes. After Reid's 1n1 - the playing field will alot more even and may change some things.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3512916;

I couldn't disagree more here. I haven't seen any growth in the Reid edit. I'm not sure what his storyline is. I like him and enjoy his time with Jillian but it is the same light weight witty repartee each 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3512945;
    You're correct about no group date roses and a week with no date, but those are things that are not even up to Jillian to decide...we have no idea how long or short their 1:1 times are, nor do we know anything about how much alone time they had that wasn't edited into the episodes. I seriously doubt that he actually had as little time as we are seeing. The one thing they have edited in is that they have some inside jokes between them---obviously those developed during time they had together that we weren't privy to because they didn't include that part in the edit.They have a lot of guys to show us, even more guys than usual, and they're in no rush to show a lot of Reid because he stays around---the shenanagins of the goofballs who are leaving have to be shown before they head off into the sunset so of course we see more of that stuff in the early episodes.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook