Page 101 of 302 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3020

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3508729;
    The thing I thought was fishy visually was that in the shot of Jake and Ed, Ed has a lamp behind him and a plant. When they cut back to Ed when you can't see anyone else, Ed had this little kind of candelabra thingy behind him that looks like an upside-down chandelier. In other shots from that house or hotel or wherever they were, this little candelabra object was shown to be behind Jillian on the red couch where she took some of the guys to talk that was in a totally different room. The Jake/Ed shot was from Ed's left and the second shot was from his right, but I seriously doubt that the lamp and candelabra were located that close to each other. If, indeed, they were in the same room and next to each other, the decorator should be shot, because they were not stylistically compatible. LOL

Maybe that means nothing. Maybe Ed was there for the conversation with Tanner and Jake, and they just didn't have a good reaction shot to use in that particular bit of editing, so they took a piece from a totally different context, but it definitely wasn't something that was taken when he was in that conversation (if he was). The shot with Jake could have been taken at any time. I just think it's strange that they didn't show a shot of all three of them if they were really there together.

I could be totally making a mountain out of a molehill, but those are the visual things that bugged me in the editing and seemed off. That and the fact that we never "saw" Ed say anything.
    Maybe Michael was running around the room moving the lights. That kid (yes, I mean kid) is so hyper he can't sit quietly for a little while.

There was one instance when we saw Ed say (Snitch?) "there is a lot of drama going on" to Jillian in a previous epis. when they cut it off right after Jillian said "what?" with CH calling her for deliberations. Ed was involved in Dave's rant for a little while. There have been snippets not aired on the show itself, where we hear him voice his displeasure about what was going on in the house. He has been vocal in previews but never shown on the show.

Don't forget how Ed spyed on Jillian and Wes,then said called Wes,a country singing turd!

Quote Originally Posted by livin life;3510126;
    Don't forget how Ed spyed on Jillian and Wes,then said called Wes,a country singing turd!
    Did Ed say that or did Tanner? I think Ed was very unhappy about the dynamics of the 'social experiment'. He didn't appear comfortable about Dave's rant on Juan and the entire 'Man-Code' thingy or Robbie for some reason. Ed may be getting a bum rap with the edit in regards to him leaving, but the fact remains that he did leave. That in and of itself would be a huge red flag for this girl [me]. I think I've said it in other posts/threads that this just smells. It smells of Mike Fleiss/producer manipulation to me. I wish they would just go back to the original format and show us the story without the drama and whistles. That's the naive way of viewing this show!

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3509163;
    Do you think that could be where he said "I hate these guys" or whatever? I'm trying to find the SC so we can compare.
    I think so. That or I hate it here or whatever the quote is. It would fit into the conversation, and we can't place him saying that in any other scene. But, why cut it out?

Ya - Ed did call him a turd LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3510993;
    Ya - Ed did call him a turd LOL
    Coincidently, I just happened to watch that clip a few minutes ago ... if you listen closely, it's Tanner's voice not Ed's.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3511035;
    Coincidently, I just happened to watch that clip a few minutes ago ... if you listen closely, it's Tanner's voice not Ed's.
    Sorry richmondrose.....I just watched it again (big scene etc) Ed was the one that said "country turd"....you don't see anyone saying it until Ed is sitting down and you see him finish it with "turd on the rooftop". Ed is not getting the cleaniest edit. You also see Ed say about Robby during the snowmobile date "she likes to play with kids" or something like that. There have been several times that Ed has voiced his opinion on Wes, on the situation, and especially if you notice Ed question Robby (on the scene of the guys talking during Jesse's date) kind of mad when Robby said something about Jesse will get a rose if Ed did. Ed wanted to know what he meant by that.....so it will be interesting how this all shakes down.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4health;3511171;
    Sorry richmondrose.....I just watched it again (big scene etc) Ed was the one that said "country turd"....you don't see anyone saying it until Ed is sitting down and you see him finish it with "turd on the rooftop". Ed is not getting the cleaniest edit. You also see Ed say about Robby during the snowmobile date "she likes to play with kids" or something like that. There have been several times that Ed has voiced his opinion on Wes, on the situation, and especially if you notice Ed question Robby (on the scene of the guys talking during Jesse's date) kind of mad when Robby said something about Jesse will get a rose if Ed did. Ed wanted to know what he meant by that.....so it will be interesting how this all shakes down.
    ITA with this post and ITA that it was Ed that said that. His voice and accent are very distinct.
    Interesting edits all around this year.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3511174;
    ITA with this post and ITA that it was Ed that said that. His voice and accent are very distinct.
    Interesting edits all around this year.
    Thanks.....I am really trying to figure out the possibilities of Ed's departure. I think it was harder for him with all the guys and the situation then it was really the work situation. I look forward to see the edit change since he is gone and who will take his place with the little digs that he was saying when it came to Wes.....it looks like Jake will be the heat......

Quote Originally Posted by 4health;3511181;
    Thanks.....I am really trying to figure out the possibilities of Ed's departure. I think it was harder for him with all the guys and the situation then it was really the work situation. I look forward to see the edit change since he is gone and who will take his place with the little digs that he was saying when it came to Wes.....it looks like Jake will be the heat......
    Jake for sure but Reid talks about Wes a lot in PI's. I think a lot of guys have problems with Wes as does the average viewer so doubt it will be held against Ed. I think them showing Ed getting mad at Robby was because it showed that Ed was bothered by his work problems and potentially having to leave and it showed there.