Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3603507;
    If he came for friendly advice, why was he shown holding a ring? Oh, how can I forget it's Fleiss and his editing. Right.................
    Exactly. Jillian knows how to keep a secret.
    She even said in her blog that she couldn't wait to tell everyone her "secret".
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3603500;
    Thanks for link Phyllie. I noticed that, too. I thought "how odd" that SHE brought it up - not once, but TWICE.
    She is just talking too much. The Reid return is NOT a Deanna advice return.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3603516;
    I know that lisamill...I think most realize this.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3603507;
    If he came for friendly advice, why was he shown holding a ring? Oh, how can I forget it's Fleiss and his editing. Right.................
    The episode description says "one bachelor's return with a surprising proposal". Reid proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3603513;
    Thanks JBF!

Yeah, that's weird with the DeAnna comparison. Him holding an eternity ring is him giving advice? OK.

It's interesting about the 'not opening up'. I'm still trying to figure that out.
    Well, it was more that DeAnna's return was made to look like she was "coming back" (to Jason), and that she wanted him back, etc. I think Jillian was basically saying not to expect Reid to be "coming back" because that may not be the case.

The only difference is that they advertised the heck out of DeAnna's return, and haven't done that at all for Reid's.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by whoami2028;3603521;
    The episode description says "one bachelor's return with a surprising proposal". Reid proposed.
    It may not be a marriage proposal though.It could be a different type of proposal.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3603516 View Post
    I'm still trying desperately to catch up with all the posts between yesterday morning and today (darn work keeps getting in the way of my sleuthing and post following!! GRR!). Could someone point me to the link for Jilly's interview please?

Thanks muchly!

Sorry to re-hash her words, but I've just trying to put the puzzle peices together:

When asked about the best qualities of the final three men, Jillian says:

I would definitely have to say, Reid, it's his sense of humor and his quirkiness. Kiptyn: he's just so genuine and he's got such a huge heart. And with Ed, it's his balance between personal and business and family, and he's just a very well-rounded individual. Overall, in general, I've said I'm looking for somebody who has a good sense of humor, who's open, who's honest, who is compassionate, who loves the outdoors, who's close to their family.

When it gets down to the two guys, what am I really looking for at that point? Commitment is important, and that doesn't mean an engagement, and I'm not even sure that means "the L word," saying "I love you," but it means saying, "I don't want to lose you, and this is important to me. Let's figure this out together." What I'm looking for in my life is a partner, a team mate. I need someone to work with me. I don't want it to feel like I'm always pulling teeth from somebody. That sense of ease and that willingness to say, "Okay, this is bananas, and this is crazy, but let's figure out how we're going to make it work."

How funny, that phrasing reminds me of a specific conversation between her and Reid. AH, yes, during their 1:1. Reid said something along the lines of “we’ll figure things out…” Interesting.
    Oh yeah, and the “I don’t want to lose you” part….if/when Reid returns, it sounds like something he would say to her. Jill said that she wasn’t sure if it would work out between her and Reid because he couldn’t commit by the F3 cut. But if he comes back, offers the commitment, they can then “figure out how…to make it work”. ok, makes sense.

Her best friend said: ‘Jill, you came back from the show funnier, happier, you’re on fire, you’re smarter …(Reid was pretty quick on his feet with the humor from the get go, I especially loved when he pulled out that toothbrush).

Now let’s fuse this with sdl’s info about Ed being banned from a bar a few weeks ago…

Geez, Reid=F1 just makes so much sense

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3603516;
    Lisa - do you still believe Reid will "win" based on your info?

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3603524;
    Well, it was more that DeAnna's return was made to look like she was "coming back" (to Jason), and that she wanted him back, etc. I think Jillian was basically saying not to expect Reid to be "coming back" because that may not be the case.

The only difference is that they advertised the heck out of DeAnna's return, and haven't done that at all for Reid's.
    Exactly. I mean, they distorted his voice in one and then showed him for what, 3 secs? in the commercial and nothing since.

We hear Jillian say in a commercial earlier on about the one she let go coming back to sweep her off her feet and she has to think about it or whatever. What in the world is going on?