Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

“Commitment is important and that doesn't mean an engagement, and I'm not even sure that means the L word, saying ‘I love you,' but it's saying, ‘I don't want to lose you and this is important to me and let's figure this out together,“’ she says, offering cryptic clues to the show's closely guarded conclusion.
    Jeez...just when I'm all tucked into seeing Ed as F1 per the screencaps, this and other quotes noted by SDMOM point to Kiptyn. He told her an engagement was far off, that he would only do it once. He said she was someone he would want as a partner in crime. A VO when he is in the limo states that he doesn't want to lose her (paraphrase). They were teammates on the ropes course. She said on their 1:1 date that she likes that he is outdoorsy. She knows that he is compassionate and has said in the interview that he has a big heart.

Darn, I'm pushing Kiptyn into the F1 spot as hard as Reid people are pushing Reid. Screencaps...screencaps...(plu s that new cute preview video raising Ed's likeability quotient on the motherboard and tubie) point to an Ed as the chosen one with a redeemed edit.

Ed - F1
    Kiptyn - F2
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3601686;
    But those conversations happen, and in terms of predicting outcome, they are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more important than the tidbits that are selected to air in furtherance of the producers' attempt to create a storyline from all the video they shot. People parse and parse and parse and parse every glance and word (for the sport of it, I know) in the 1% that is aired, but most/much of what mattered is either not filmed or not aired. Unless of course you buy that nothing "real" is happening besides contract players following the director's instructions. LOL.
    You're preaching to the choir, jlccaz! I couldn't agree more!!! But it is what is, unfortunately, eh? They just give us stories, but never THE stories. It's so lame. But I'm still watching for some unknown reason, and not likely to stop, either.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3601675;
    Same here! I'd love to see these kinds of conversations. I imagine TPTB have an aversion to all of that, though. You start getting into much more controversial areas with your viewers if the participants start talking very seriously about their spiritual & political & cultural preferences, and you even run the risk of turning off viewers based on hearing their preferences in more innocuous areas. I'd really love to witness these types of exchanges/interactions from the show, but I'm near positive those will never hit the air.
    I read an interview where Jillian said that a lot of this stuff is cut out for copyright reasons, like they can't talk about specific movies or bands or something without paying royalties so they cut a lot of that out. Makes some sense, I suppose.

FORT Regular

I read an interview where Jillian said that a lot of this stuff is cut out for copyright reasons, like they can't talk about specific movies or bands or something without paying royalties so they cut a lot of that out. Makes some sense, I suppose.
    Ah, that does make a lot of sense. I'm a writer (my numerous typos here aside), and if I ever want to use lyrics, for example, from a song, my publisher has to pay for them. That said, it would still be nice to hear more of their compatibility conversations...but I suspect they'd betray the outcome too much. I mean, if we saw a convo with Reid saying that he insists they do the horah at his wedding at the Four Seasons, and Jillian is all like, "Huh? I want my grandma's cabbage rolls there and the country blue-grass band from the dive bar in my hometown," I think viewers would have a lot more to go on.
    Last edited by freelancergirl; 07-22-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorfan2008;3601699;
    What does everyone think about the fact that Jill said her dream wedding would be "perogies and ham"? Most Jewish people don't eat pork. Does anyone know if the Rosenthal's eat pork? I know some Jewish families aren't that "hard core" when it comes to this......
    Reid ate shrimp on one of their later dates - which is as taboo as pork to observant Jews. Since he was apparently willing to date, and potentially marry, a non-Jew, and was willing to eat shellfish, it looks like he is not particularly observant.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3600268;
    Does anyone find it odd that in Jillian's interviews (prior to the interview today) she talked about a brilliant ending, etc. And now all of a sudden, she is taking about it being the opposite. That doesn't add up to me. I think in this interview she was coached on what to say.

I still think Reid is F1.

But you always said before that you were CERTAIN??

Quote Originally Posted by martinanne;3601826;
    No I hadn't! Thank you so much for posting that! It's lovely.

Didn't Jilly describe her F1 as "talented" in one of her interviews from early on?

Is there any way Kip or Ed could be described as talented?
    How could they not be talented? They are both very successful in their job fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3601740;
    I have been neglecting piles and piles of real work for this show () so I don't have time tonight but I will tomorrow. I'm glad it screams Reid to many though, from what I've read it does sound positive (the phii...slip). I'm just worried that I'm going to get all hopeful again and she's going to go with Ed and Reid will be crushed yet again.
    am like a pendulum myself.

i was so sure jillian would choose no one.

then Reid

then Ed again.

Then Kip.

my question eversince watching bachelor/bachelorette is why would fleiss edit someone badly or in a negative way if he/she is the F1.

i've learned my lesson during matt's season. i was so for amanda and shayne for me doesn't have an F1 edit. we know who matt chose. sigh.

again, i really think it is either Ed or no one based on what i hear (interviews) or see (show)....

but only because of the "infos" of freedom that i have hope that Reid is the F1.

"i do not know how my heart will hold up" IF it is NOT REID....
    TEAM REID & TEAM CHRIS L. F O R E V E R!
    and i now add: TEAM BRAD!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3601863;
    But you always said before that you were CERTAIN??
    Good point, costcoholic....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cari;3601883;

my question eversince watching bachelor/bachelorette is why would fleiss edit someone badly or in a negative way if he/she is the F1.

I guess I still don't see how one bad moment (the implied ED which Jillian debunked rather forcefully today, even with a handler with her) equates to "worst edit ever for F1" in some folks minds. People seem split on the drunken moment at the MTA (many folks found it funny, others not so much) and other than that he has been seen as a pretty cool guy who returned for the girl and is working extra hard to woo her. I don't see the one blip as this huge horrible edit...am I missing something? Was there some other moments--from the SHOW not from the boards--that i have missed???
    Last edited by HCRecruiter; 07-22-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: clarification