Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

The Bachelorette Preview - Three guys, Hawaii and erectile dysfunction - What more could we ask for?

ABC has released a video previewing the upcoming episode of the Bachelorette on Monday, July 13th. According to the video, Jill and Kiptyn try out a ropes course…and that’s about it. Seriously. The entire video shows Jillian pooping her pants with fear while standing on the top of a really tall tree trunk, and Kiptyn encouraging her to stand up on it. Where’s the promise of love, sex and intrigue? Where’s the heavily advertised erectile dysfunction scenario? Is the Bachelorette totally out of drama? Now that Wes is gone, are we in for two weeks of hugs, some mild tongue kissing, some bad grammar and a fake proposal? Say it isn’t so!

Kiptyn - one of the final three guys

Phew – another preview video just released from ABC promises a tiny bit more intrigue than Jillian and Kiptyn on a ropes course. Jill and her final three guys have overnight dates in Hawaii, but what was once blatantly advertised as one of the Bachelors having penis issues, has now turned into Jillian not feeling romance with one of the guys. That is false advertising if I’ve ever seen it. Can we call BS on that? Here’s how the conversation probably went in the Bachelorette editing room:

Editor 1: So this Hawaii episode is totally boring. How are we going to make it more interesting?
    Editor 2: Jillian and Kiptyn could go on a ropes course. Wouldn’t that be a blast!? I’m going to go make a preview video out of it.
    Editor 1: No dude, not interesting. Let’s see… Jill and Reid didn’t have much chemistry this time around. We could advertise that?
    Editor 2: Oh oh oh! I got it! Instead of advertising that Reid and Jill don’t have chemistry, let’s say he can’t get it up! Erectile dysfunction has never been done on this show!
    Editor 1: Ohhh that’s tempting, but I’m afraid Reid could sue us for slander or something.
    Editor 2: We won’t actually use the words “erectile dysfunction”. We’ll just say that a guy has “certain problems” in the bedroom. Let’s do it!
    Editor 1: I like it! OK I’m in! Unlike Reid… (snicker, snicker)

Anyway, both videos are below in case you’re interested in checking out some previews for Monday night’s action. With Wes gone, I know we’ve all lost just a smidge of interest in this show, so here’s a few things I’m really hoping will happen on Monday’s episode to spice things up a bit:

1. Jillian packs the wrong suitcase to Hawaii and ends up wearing belted flannel on the beach.
    2. Ed leaves the show again, after being offered a job as a stand-in for Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Grey’s Anatomy.
    3. The ABC interns decide to play a prank on Reid, placing a piece of raw meat on his pillow. He freaks out and is so upset about the incident that he can’t get it up when on his overnight date with Jill.
    4. Kiptyn dies of boredom after watching video of himself on a ropes course.
    5. Chris Harrison forgets to say his one line, “Jillian, this is the final rose tonight.” Without hearing it, Jill gets confused: “Wait, how many do I have left? Crap!” and accidentally hands out three roses to the three guys, thereby prolonging this awesome season by another week.
    6. Ed takes Jill to a karaoke bar in Maui, wearing a tank top, officially fulfilling her two worst nightmares.
    7. Wes pops up on a sailboat in Kauai, and attempts to serenade Jill and Reid while on their date…but a big wave comes, he loses his balance and falls overboard, yelling, “Save me! Don’t let me die! My career is just taking off! Some say loooove, it don’t come eaaaasy! Ahhhh!” And we never hear from poor Wes again.

Although the erectile dysfunction story line might be a total bust, this show still kicks major ass. The finale promises the return of an old Bachelor, so they still might have some drama left in them. Yes, in the end, we doubt love will conquer all, but it’s not really why we watch this show anyway, is it?

The Bachelorette Preview - Three guys, Hawaii and erectile dysfunction - What more could we ask for?

Youtube user bte0713 has also uploaded the new commercial.

I clicked on More from: bte0713 to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3566068;
    Youtube user bte0713 has also uploaded the new commercial.

I clicked on More from: bte0713 to find it.
    Thanks bte0713!

Here is the cap of Reid and Jillian...Matches the tan shirt he is wearing during his PI.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks bte0713 & mamasue1966!

Wonder why they continue to show footage from the Jillian/Reid Spain FS in these commercials?????? Crazy!!!!

Thanks cupcakes!

The one she thought she wanted doesn't measure up. The romance just wasn't there, sounds like BS to me, just an excuse to get rid of him. I don't see after that edit, how they will turn it around and make Reid F1. They'll manipulate Reid to go back to propose for drama, but I can't see him ending as F1, given the reasons Jillian gives for his exit. I just really wish he wouldn't go back to propose.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3566243;
    The one she thought she wanted doesn't measure up. The romance just wasn't there, sounds like BS to me, just an excuse to get rid of him. I don't see after that edit, how they will turn it around and make Reid F1. They'll manipulate Reid to go back to propose for drama, but I can't see him ending as F1, given the reasons Jillian gives for his exit. I just really wish he wouldn't go back to propose.
    I don't think they're talking about Reid here. I think the guy that won't measure up is Ed but after talking to him, she decides to keep him anyway. She'll let go of Reid for a different reason...imo, because he can't tell her how he feels about her and she misinterprets that as he doesn't feel the same way she feels about him. Based on the previews and how absolutely devastated she looks, she may immediately think she made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Daliana;3566261;
    I don't think they're talking about Reid here. I think the guy that won't measure up is Ed but after talking to him, she decides to keep him anyway. She'll let go of Reid for a different reason...imo, because he can't tell her how he feels about her and she misinterprets that as he doesn't feel the same way she feels about him. Based on the previews and how absolutely devastated she looks, she may immediately think she made a mistake.
    She has to choose between a guy who she didn't think the romance was there with and a guy who won't propose to her at the end of this. She chooses the guy who she didn't find romance with. The question is why? I hope tommorow will shed some better light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3566263;
    She has to choose between a guy who she didn't think the romance was there with and a guy who won't propose to her at the end of this. She chooses the guy who she didn't find romance with. The question is why? I hope tommorow will shed some better light on this.
    Well, as Jillian said, her head is screwed on straight at the end...which means, her head was obviously un-screwed before that... i'm not sure her decision will make all that much sense. She'll probably only explain it at the ATFR... (that's if Reid is F1)

Quote Originally Posted by Daliana;3566289;
    Well, as Jillian said, her head is screwed on straight at the end...which means, her head was obviously un-screwed before that... i'm not sure her decision will make all that much sense. She'll probably only explain it at the ATFR... (that's if Reid is F1)
    Nice way to put it.....I hope everything can be explained in the end at the After The Final Rose show.