Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

i'd like to see the f1 have set up another area to bring her to for "the most romantic " or he sets up quickly with help when she is inside with ch crying and they send her back out .

FORT Fogey

Yes, the newer preview leaves out the "came to the door to sweep me off my feet." It now has her saying only the guy who was so difficult to let go got down on one knee to propose. They have also gone from the most "surprising" proposal in Bachelorette history to the most "unbelievable" proposal in Bachelorette history.

The first preview is called "The truth will come out." The later is "The drama is building." In the later one, it says "The one Jillian thinks she wants doesn't measure up. The romance just wasn't there." She then adds, "The guy that was so difficult to let go got down on one knee to propose."

Since she thought she knew the morning of the FRC who she would be engaged to at the end of the day, and says the proposal makes her want to take some time to think about this, I think it's a safe assumption that her intended F1 is not the surprise proposal.

Which makes the proposal guy either her F2, or her F3 who comes back.

Possible Scenario if it's Reid: He leaves at F3 after telling her he's not ready to propose. She decides on her F1 and thinks he will propose and she will accept. She sends F2 home at the FRC. F1 arrives but doesn't propose. She wonders if she's made a mistake, but "there's no going back." We think she's going to end up with no one, but in the last five minutes, Reid comes back, with her parents who the show arranged for him to meet unbeknownst to her, he proposes and she accepts. It would be surprising and unbelievable, and as Jillian would say, "brilliant."

Any takers?

ETA: Whoops, sorry, I thought I was in the episode 9 thread. I'm going to take this there.
    Last edited by ZG_Champion; 07-12-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Just what Fleiss needs: Encouragement from Media Like This:

‘Bachelor’ shows love their lack of romance
    As villains like Wes prove, embracing the lunacy only improves shows

By Andy Dehnart
    msnbc.com contributor
    updated 54 minutes ago

“The Bachelor” and its spin-off, “The Bachelorette,” have notoriously bad reputations for creating lasting relationships, even though that's why the ABC reality series supposedly exist.

The shows have always found drama from a single man or woman navigating a group of suitors who vie for their attention. But at the core, these shows are supposed to be love stories, romantic fantasies come true. A stunning mansion, candles, roses, exotic dates, a smarmy host. Well, almost a fantasy.

Just like the last season of “The Bachelor,” though, this season of “The Bachelorette” has been more about the drama than the full-throttle romance. The July 6 episode concluded with bachelorette Jillian’s dismissal of Wes, who’d grown to become a monstrous villain for apparently being on the show just to promote his music career (he boasted that he had a “No.1 hit in Chihuahua, Mexico,”). A rejected suitor, Jake, even returned to tell Jillian that Wes had admitted to secretly dating a woman named Laurel back in Texas.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

When Jillian brought that up with him, Wes stumbled into an accidental admission: “My girlfriend — I mean, ex-girlfriend,” he told her, and then tried to insist he wasn't dating anyone. Later, however, on his car ride home, he bragged, “First guy ever on ‘The Bachelorette’ to make it to the top four with a girlfriend,” and then launched into self-promotion apparently designed to help boost his band.

Wes, however, says he did not actually admit that he had a girlfriend, and blames the producers for constructing an image and even editing his sentences to make him seem evil. For example, he told a Texas radio show that what he really said was, “I'm the only guy in ‘Bachelorette’ history that made it to the final four without a girlfriend, [and then] I said, get real, dude. If I had a girlfriend, I would be home with her right now, and I wouldn't be putting up with this.” Wes claims they cut out everything after “girlfriend.”

In other words, either Wes is a self-promoting jerk, or the show's producer's unethically manipulated footage to make him appear that way.

Either way, that proves why “The Bachelor” has become a much better show in recent years. As their show has been parodied and ultimately weakened by the proliferation of even more nonsensical dating reality series, the producers of “The Bachelor” did something unexpected: they embraced their show's own failure.

Sure, “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” still have the ridiculously cheesy rose ceremonies and focus on finding love, all of which is augmented by soft, filtered light to go with the epic mansions and locations that are supposed to inspire romance rather than give VH1's producers ideas for locations for the next “Flavor of Love” spin-off.

Two years ago, Texas bar owner Brad Womack rejected both women that were left at the end of the 11th season of “The Bachelor.” The reunion audience was apoplectic; apparently, it's fine to break up and dump someone shortly after a season ends, but not while viewers desperate for romance are watching the fantasy fall apart.

Since then, the show has managed to strike a balance between their overly idealized mission to tell a fairy tale love story and VH1’s over-the-top mockery of the nonsense.

‘Bachelor’ shows found a new ‘Flavor’
    Those VH1 dating series are the key to understanding what's happened to “The Bachelor.” The cable network's copycat shows began with Flavor Flav's quest for a partner in “Flavor of Love” and have spun off an unbelievable number of related series, where the crazy people who get rejected get their chance to reject even crazier people.

The real goal, it seems, is to ensure that “The Soup” notices you spitting at someone, or starting a fight, or screaming incomprehensible things while flailing around, dressed like you're auditioning for “America's Next Top Prostitute.”

While ABC's series has always had its share of nutty cast members, they cannot compare to those people on VH1, so it needed new controversy, and found one in the way the participants on “Bachelor” shows reject the idea of the show they are on.

That was illustrated perfect by Wes, who seemed completely uninterested in dating and wanting only fame and exposure. Between Brad rejecting both women and Jason changing his mind, there was another example, as the 10th “Bachelor” did not have a surprise ending. Tessa, who was ultimately chosen by Andy Baldwin, reportedly told a gossip column about that outcome weeks before it aired, never mind that ABC later showed a clip to the media of the two kissing, thus spoiling the outcome and eliminating the romantic tension suspense the show frequently relies upon.

Of course, viewers still have a desire for the fairy tale romance, and that fuels their responses to these sorts of things, whether it was Wes talking about his girlfriend or previous "Bachelor" Jason dumping Melissa for Molly, which caused viewers to freak out. The anger directed at Wes is inflamed because he stuck around and filled a spot that should have been occupied by someone who might actually have been good for Jillian.

‘Bachelor’ shows love their lack of romance - REALITY TV- msnbc.com
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3565057;
    Yes, the newer preview leaves out the "came to the door to sweep me off my feet." It now has her saying only the guy who was so difficult to let go got down on one knee to propose. They have also gone from the most "surprising" proposal in Bachelorette history to the most "unbelievable" proposal in Bachelorette history.

The first preview is called "The truth will come out." The later is "The drama is building." In the later one, it says "The one Jillian thinks she wants doesn't measure up. The romance just wasn't there." She then adds, "The guy that was so difficult to let go got down on one knee to propose."

Since she thought she knew the morning of the FRC who she would be engaged to at the end of the day, and says the proposal makes her want to take some time to think about this, I think it's a safe assumption that her intended F1 is not the surprise proposal.

Possible Scenario if it's Reid: He leaves at F3 after telling her he's not ready to propose. She decides on her F1 and thinks he will propose and she will accept. She sends F2 home at the FRC. F1 arrives but doesn't propose. She wonders if she's made a mistake, but "there's no going back." We think she's going to end up with no one, but in the last five minutes, Reid comes back, with her parents who the show arranged for him to meet unbeknownst to her, he proposes and she accepts. It would be surprising and unbelievable, and as Jillian would say, "brilliant."

Any takers?

ETA: Whoops, sorry, I thought I was in the episode 9 thread. I'm going to take this there.
    Not me. I see it ending like THE TRUMAN SHOW where Jim Carey has been held against his will on a TV set and he finally escapes to TRW. I see Reid offering a chance at a dating relationship in the real world because they have genuine affection for each other with chemistry on every level. If they were to stay in Bachelorette world globe-hopping in private rail cars and helicopters and 5 star resorts for the rest of their lives marriage would seem perfect because they already know that what they have works in that environment. What they don't know is how things will work when they are paying their own way. I think that they have the potential to make the Earth move. They get each other. They need time away from the limelight to proceed at a normal pace. I think they are a darling couple and I would love to have things work out for them. That's not likely to happen if Reid feels as if someone is forcing his hand.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so forgive me if it's not.... but... I saw on the cable listing that Aaron Buerge's season will be re-played starting Tuesday morning at 2:00am central time on VH1. Just thought someone may be interested in watching. I know that's one of the seasons I missed and would like to see it since it's talked about on the boards from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunHillbillie;3565662;
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so forgive me if it's not.... but... I saw on the cable listing that Aaron Buerge's season will be re-played starting Tuesday morning at 2:00am central time on VH1. Just thought someone may be interested in watching. I know that's one of the seasons I missed and would like to see it since it's talked about on the boards from time to time.
    This got me curious. So I went to the vh1 website and checked. Its correct! Episode #201 airs July 14 @ 3am

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3565622;
    Not me. I see it ending like THE TRUMAN SHOW where Jim Carey has been held against his will on a TV set and he finally escapes to TRW. I see Reid offering a chance at a dating relationship in the real world because they have genuine affection for each other with chemistry on every level. If they were to stay in Bachelorette world globe-hopping in private rail cars and helicopters and 5 star resorts for the rest of their lives marriage would seem perfect because they already know that what they have works in that environment. What they don't know is how things will work when they are paying their own way. I think that they have the potential to make the Earth move. They get each other. They need time away from the limelight to proceed at a normal pace. I think they are a darling couple and I would love to have things work out for them. That's not likely to happen if Reid feels as if someone is forcing his hand.
    BLASIE - This certainly makes alot more sense than any other scenerio
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I just saw a commercial from Brothers and Sisters, but it was the one from the ABC site.

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3564992;
    we are going to be led to think no one proposes at end of frc #1 f1 plays a trick/joke on her. on frc#2 f1 will pull of a surprise proposal to her. so she goes in her words "from sad to happy. and ending brilliant"
    Given Reid's sense of humour, it sounds like something he would do-just to tease her!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3565057;

Any takers?
    What if she gets two proposals? One she considers and rejects and one surprise one in last five minutes?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers