Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3553185;
    ...and I would agree with you barring one huge issue...Wes doesn't have (and didn't have while on the show) a girlfriend as evident by the fact that they aren't seeing eachother and her very simple and direct denial of their relationship beyond a friendship. The childish argument as assumed above only applies when you are trying to cover up one person's mistake by illustrating another's. That's apples to oranges here because no one is trying to cover up or misdirect Wes' girlfriend. He didn't have one. So explain to me who is being childish again... I merely stated that what everyone is accusing Wes of (and ironically he has been acquitted of in the media to some degree) someone else is actually guilty of. I'm not deflecting. Wes was on the hotseat because when asked, he admitted that he still cares about an ex girlfriend. Does that make him a monster? Should he have just lied or covered that up? He answered the question honestly then, and now when he says he doesn't have a gf everyone questions his honesty. Who is the better person? The one who admits he still cares for an ex, or the one who conceals the fact that he is currently still seeing someone? :nono
    Punky, you rock! Thank you for posting here and for backing up your statements with facts, regardless of the flack you are catching from a *few* posters.
    Do you think the editing this year is harsher than it was in your season? I don't know Wes, but it really seems like he was edited to be nearly a caricature of a person.

FORT Newbie

Has anyone checked out the Eyes4Lies blog post regarding Wes? The writer is a "truth wizard" (which she explains much better than I ever could). I've enjoyed many of her posts before and her insights on Wes were pretty interesting to read.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3552989;
    She doesn't, but she texts.

Then again, Reid sure did start non-work twitters all of a sudden.

I also heard by a neighbor of Reids parents he has been spotted at their community pool Texting also!

...and I would agree with you barring one huge issue...Wes doesn't have (and didn't have while on the show) a girlfriend as evident by the fact that they aren't seeing eachother and her very simple and direct denial of their relationship beyond a friendship. The childish argument as assumed above only applies when you are trying to cover up one person's mistake by illustrating another's. That's apples to oranges here because no one is trying to cover up or misdirect Wes' girlfriend. He didn't have one. So explain to me who is being childish again... I merely stated that what everyone is accusing Wes of (and ironically he has been acquitted of in the media to some degree) someone else is actually guilty of. I'm not deflecting. Wes was on the hotseat because when asked, he admitted that he still cares about an ex girlfriend. Does that make him a monster? Should he have just lied or covered that up? He answered the question honestly then, and now when he says he doesn't have a gf everyone questions his honesty. Who is the better person? The one who admits he still cares for an ex, or the one who conceals the fact that he is currently still seeing someone? :nono
    You have every right to defend your friend, however please don't ignore the fact that Wes was there for other reasons as well. Perhaps name recognition and a little publicity is not as serious an offense as what you are implying with someone else. Whether he did or didn't have a girlfriend, to me, is not the point. He hightailed it out of there to get into the studio, afterall he had to finish his CD. To me it doesn't matter if he feels that he has been portrayed unfairly, he simply was following a role, just like everyone else. You of all people should know that. So don't go all high and mighty on everyone else. Do you want everyone to believe that every other guy there...was there for Jillian?? Please....
    Last edited by gruder; 07-08-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hart;3552946;
    I think she'll keep this up because the final decision comes down to the very last 5 minutes of the show.
    Exactly. As long as the theme of the climax this season is "will she pick anybody?", they are not going to give the outcome away beforehand by Jill stating she is in love (if she is).

It comes as no surprise to me that Wes has no girlfriend! He must have many friends with benefits because he seemed quite sure that he was going to be getting plenty once he got back home.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Newbie

So Ed gets the snorkel date? Did they clear the water of sharks first?

I think the shark is ED!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara23;3553289;
    So Ed gets the snorkel date? Did they clear the water of sharks first?
    Yes they did...when they sent Wes home.

FORT Fan

Nice try counselor. Letīs accept for the sake of this argument Wes doesnīt have a girlfriend ( and frankly I donīt care about THAT ).

If you think everyone who are skeptical of Wes are so because of the girlfriend then that is your mistake. Did he or did he not go on that show for publicity and lead Jillian on to get further on in the show? Did some of the guys keep telling her Wes was there for the wrong reasons? Did she discuss it with Wes and he assured her that wasnīt the case? Did he not tell Jillian at least twice he really wanted to be there and spend more time with her? Although I suppose you can try and twist that but you know what *she* is going to think when he tells her that.

And really I think 99.9 % of the people who would do a show like this are exhibitionists to some extent and want the attention for whatever reasons, I accept that happily. But you are singling in on the girlfriend issue and ignoring the bigger question around Wes. You are a good friend, Iīm sure he appreciates it, but the guy did play a role to get publicity. Sometimes that works out for people and sometimes they get burned. He got burned.

Fwiw, and if it makes you feel better, I think itīs plausible Wes didnīt have a girlfriend. Technically

So after that wordy post, which Iīm sure youīll appreciate , I still think you are focusing in on the girlfriend, ignoring the bigger issue AND throwing out teasers about Ed to deflect from the Wes drama.

FORT Fanatic

So is it true what I read on this other forum that Reid is gone next week and then comes back or is this just another speculation? Is this a place to to believe? I wasn't sure where to post this so..........Thanks for sorting this out folks!